Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 26 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 10:02 AM   #251 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by losib3257 View Post
Hi Wiredsport,

I had some further questions on what board to get for next year. Like I said in a thread, currently I have a mostly freeride board-Burton Guru which is quite stiff. It is a pretty descent board for freeriding, but this year I am looking to progress into the park. When I am at my local mountain I hit the park-rails, kickers, boxes, bomb some hills, butter around, hit side bumps, and just have fun with everything over the hill. It is mostly hard pack groomers with some stashes of powder. I am also heading out to Breckenridge in January for a 5 day trip. I guess I cannot make up my mind on which of these two boards I would like to have. As far as my current board, I do not think that I will ride it that much if I can land a more park oriented board that can also kill it when bombing, carving, or hitting some kickers. I hope you can help me make a more informed decision. Thanks!

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 173-185 (varies throughout the year)
Boot: 9-9 1/2
Hi Losib,
From what I recall, you were deciding between the ET and Airobic. With your specs and primarily hardpack, you will be happier on the ET. The 154 will be perfect for your move into park riding. STOKED for you!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2011, 10:07 AM   #252 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camkoobria View Post
Hey Wiredsport much thanks for the help so far. Although I got that measurement, I comfortably wear a size 10.5 boot. 9 is tight and my toes get jammed up in the front pretty bad. Would the 156 goliath still be a good size?
Yes. The board will only respond to your foot measurement (26.76) which is unrelated to boot size. There is an enormous amount of variation in boot production sizing accuracy by brand, etc. That is why we have riders measure their actual bare feet. It is not uncommon for riders to report a boot size which is significantly above/below their measured foot size.

Thanks again!
Old 08-09-2011, 10:20 AM   #253 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Hi Losib,
From what I recall, you were deciding between the ET and Airobic. With your specs and primarily hardpack, you will be happier on the ET. The 154 will be perfect for your move into park riding. STOKED for you!

You're stoked??? I CANNOT WAIT!!! Thanks for all your help!
losib3257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:30 PM   #254 (permalink)

My 2012 152 Evil Twin Artists Edition arrived this morning. Just need some bindings and then straight to the snow. Can't wait.

Board is a bit small but they had sold out of the 154 and couldn't miss out on the price they had. A lot cheaper than the 2011 FastPlant and more than half the price of the 2012 FastPlant.

Hopefully i can get used to the graphics as they aren't really my sort of thing.

Last edited by sil3nt; 08-09-2011 at 03:37 PM.
sil3nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:05 AM   #255 (permalink)

Default Whatever questions

Quote:
That is just under 23 inches. Do you know what width you ride?
Hi Wiredsport,
Loving this bataleon 2012 thread. Have read all the posts on the Whatever.
Really interested in it. Wanted to know you thoughts... I have just moved on from a lib tech banana 159. I loved it but it was time to let it go after a season and a bits abuse.
A few of my riding buddies have bataleons, I've ridden a 159 evil twin 09 and an evil twin 153 10/11 as well as a Jam '10. I straight away threw out the idea of the jam: waay to stiff. I loved both the evil twins but I just felt there was something ever so slightly missing.
I always felt my 159 lib was a little too long. (I mostly charge round the alps. A bit of Park when the weather is okay. A lot of jibbing/side hits and butter attempts as well as powder when it's there) I was thinking 156??

(I am 5'11, weigh 160, 10.5 US foot)

I rode the lib with the widest stance (26 inches/66cm I think) Do you think I'll be okay with the 156 Whatevers max stance width: 57.5cm ? Will I feel much of a change?

Lastly, will I notice the extruded base? Any speed or strength etc differences? Is it something to consider? I have never had one previously..
My sis-in-law has moved to Vancouver so come christmas it's Whistler time. Is a 156 Whatever the board for me?? Any other suggestions.(Would you ever ship to Vancouver??)
Thanks in advance.
howies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:45 AM   #256 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hi Howies,

Happy to help. Please let us know which Lib banana you were riding.

Thanks
Old 08-10-2011, 09:49 AM   #257 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi Howies,

Happy to help. Please let us know which Lib banana you were riding.

Thanks
lib tech skate banana 159 09/10

Thank you.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:47 AM   #258 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by howies View Post
lib tech skate banana 159 09/10

Thank you.
Got it. Needless to say, the Skate Banana and ET/TBT are pretty much opposite ways of approaching snowboard design. I completely understand the burn to mix it up and check out differnt styles of boards. It keeps your riding fresh.

The Whatever will be great for you in 156. At 165 lbs you do not need any bigger. Freestyle TBT has a different feel from Twin TBT and sounds like a great match for getting you that extra little something you did not find in the ET's.

Sintered/Extruded? Hah! No concensus there. Suffice it to say that a well waxed extruded base is very fast, durable and easy to repair.

Stance options - when we get in the full production models we will do some insert measurements and answer that one definitively.

Thanks.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:05 AM   #259 (permalink)

Seriously good customer service/advice

Cheers from Bristol, UK.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:07 PM   #260 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi Losib,
Now, one last thing, what would be a good binding to put on the ET for my kind of riding?
losib3257 is offline   Reply With Quote