Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 27 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2011, 04:23 PM   #261 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

There are many great binding choices for your style 2012. Flow NXT AT, Gnu Choice, Flux SF 45, Raiden Phantom are a few that we carry and are guaranteed to rip! There are certainly others as well.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2011, 09:49 AM   #262 (permalink)

I have a problem, or rather an issue, or rather an issue that probably most people would like if they were in korea and expecting to pay 850,000won on a bataleon.

Turns out their korean distributor have a 2012 jam demo board.
And its at 30% off.
So its actually about 600,000 won which is about $530

But i want a riot. You might remember me crying about a riot. Riot riot riot riot riot!

I want to pop to the moon.

Amd the 157 riot has been the board of my dreams since day 1.

So i need you mr wiredsports, to talk some sense into me. I know its really an issue of three things:

1. the stringers on the jam running through the whole board as opposed the riot where they stop after the inserts.
2. twin versus all mountain tbt (i really like the sound of all mtn tbt over twin to be honest).
3. varied flex (5-6-5 versus straight 5 (due to stringers i assume).
4. Core core versus reinforced core. Which i dont really grasp the differences - but i think the core core pushes the force of a load in the middle (between the edges, not the middle, middle) of the board, whilst the reinforced core pushes the energy onto the edges for springier turns?

My feeling is that the riot is going to be a LOT easier to load, and also going to have a much bigger sweetspot for pressing (the stringer effect i assume).

So the jam sounds like its a bit more of a ripper board kinda like my quiver killer, whilst the riot still sounds too good to be true (it would be better with the all mountain tbt though i reckon. But i need someone to basically take me by the hand and explain that life is full of difficult compromises and since there wont be any riots in korea according to their official korean outlet, (and when i end up buying it in japan its going to cost me about 70,000 yen (or about 1,000,000won)), that i should embrace my scottish cheapness and be thrifty even if its not the board i want. Better yet show me why ive made a mistake about it and that it IS a poppy ripper that can also be lightning fast and insanely playful.

PS. They have an ex-demo 153 whatever for, get this, 350,000 won (about $300) which for korea is INSANE. If only i needed a cruise deck - but i already have a 156 indoor fk
ippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:52 AM   #263 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hi Ippy,

The Jam is an excellent board but is really more about cranking with percision than blasting off with a ton of pop. These are both going to be expensive boards for you and because you already have a 4 boartd quiver I would suggest getting exactly what you want and not being swayed by a rep sample that does not exactly meet your needs.

Thanks!
Old 08-11-2011, 04:57 PM   #264 (permalink)

So i havent unwrapped my new ET yet but i assume it comes factory waxed. Should i wax over this before riding or just ride on the factory wax for a day?
sil3nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:26 PM   #265 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
So i havent unwrapped my new ET yet but i assume it comes factory waxed. Should i wax over this before riding or just ride on the factory wax for a day?
It does come with excellent all temeperature factory wax (Bataleon uses One Ball Jay). Now, temperature specific wax can be nice...
Old 08-11-2011, 07:51 PM   #266 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
It does come with excellent all temeperature factory wax (Bataleon uses One Ball Jay). Now, temperature specific wax can be nice...
Can't get it easily. Went into the local Bataleon dealer and they don't have the wax although they said they could get it.
sil3nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:16 PM   #267 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Hi Ippy,

The Jam is an excellent board but is really more about cranking with percision than blasting off with a ton of pop. These are both going to be expensive boards for you and because you already have a 4 boartd quiver I would suggest getting exactly what you want and not being swayed by a rep sample that does not exactly meet your needs.

Thanks!
see, its for telling people the correct answer (and not just what they want to hear), that makes the advice youve given on this thread legit. cheers dude.
ippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:08 PM   #268 (permalink)

can you tell me what the differences/advantages are between the '12 ET and the Whatever?

also im about 5'7/5'8 and 140lbs with a size 9 foot on the brannock device ... not sure if i should be looking at a 149, 151, or 154 sized board

thanks!
randomkoreandud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:27 AM   #269 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandud View Post
can you tell me what the differences/advantages are between the '12 ET and the Whatever?

also im about 5'7/5'8 and 140lbs with a size 9 foot on the brannock device ... not sure if i should be looking at a 149, 151, or 154 sized board

thanks!
You bet.

ET uses Twin TBT, Whatever uses Freestyle TBT. Twin has wider center bases. The whatever will be a bit quicker edge to edge and the ET a bit more tuned for presses, etc.

The ET is stiffened a slight bit for pop in the tip and tail. Whatever is constant flex.

Different laminate config is used on the two boards (triax on the ET vs biax on the Whatever).

Sinterred base on the ET vs Extruded on the Whatever.

The differences are there, but please realize that these are both designed as all around freestyle boards. The ET leaning a littel more towards Park and the Whatever leaning a little more towards All mountain.

Please let me know more about your riding and where you spend your time and I will make a specific suggestion for each model.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:39 AM   #270 (permalink)

thanks for the quick & thorough reply

im an intermediate rider ... i hit small jumps and jibs and spend about equal time in park and slope. im on the east coast where most places arent groomed well and really icy and conditions can be all over the place, so am leaning towards the whatever. i dont go often enough to have a full quiver but just want an amazing all around board but leans freestyle

ive ridden a 155 '10 ET and fell in love with it. but then again my current board is crap so anything would be amazing as an upgrade.
randomkoreandud is offline   Reply With Quote