Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 30 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2011, 04:59 AM   #291 (permalink)

Thanks a bunch for the ideas/suggestions Nivek and Sil3nt!

And really, cheers to everyone on this thread for being so helpful and kind to one another.

WiredSport- your contribution is incredible.

The Whatever board sounds perfect, Nivek. The graphics however, oh boy. With graphics like that they should throw in a 12 pack of Zimas. BUT, if it's that fun- it's worth it no doubt. Is the 2012 FunKink that much softer than the Whatever? Can I still cruise bowls and blue diamonds with ease on a FunKink? I ask in desperation 'cause the graphics are so much better.

A 2012 Fun Kink 151 too small for a fun cruising board on Colorado groomers? Lay it on me.

Again, thank you.
Chris
Chris2pherw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2011, 01:08 PM   #292 (permalink)

Hi, i was trying to research bataleon boards and stumbled across this thread.

I've been rocking an old bataleon Hero 159 (from 2006 i think?) for the past 4 years or so, and i love it, but it's gettin to the point where it's getting decently worn, and i'm itching to try something new.

the type of riding i do is mainly bombing as fast as a run allows, or hunting for powder in the trees. I dont do any park stuff, and dont really do any jumps. I would say I'm a very experienced boarder, but nothing crazy good.

I got my eyes on the Omni (debating between the 158 and 161) or the undisputed, but i must say the undisputed seems a lil too much just big mountain riding, I still want to be able to enjoy chill days with my less experienced friends. Are there any boards in the lineup that i might be missing?

oh yeah, i'm 5'10", 180lbs, size 13 boots. ive been in tahoe for the past 4 years, but going to be moving to switzerland next year (no clue what to expect there)

also, can anyone provide any feedback as to how worth it the 2012 boards are compared to the 2011? It seems like you can get the 2011 boards for ~$100 less; are the 2012 boards worth 100 bucks more?

thanks!
tomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:31 PM   #293 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris2pherw View Post
Thanks a bunch for the ideas/suggestions Nivek and Sil3nt!

And really, cheers to everyone on this thread for being so helpful and kind to one another.

WiredSport- your contribution is incredible.

The Whatever board sounds perfect, Nivek. The graphics however, oh boy. With graphics like that they should throw in a 12 pack of Zimas. BUT, if it's that fun- it's worth it no doubt. Is the 2012 FunKink that much softer than the Whatever? Can I still cruise bowls and blue diamonds with ease on a FunKink? I ask in desperation 'cause the graphics are so much better.

A 2012 Fun Kink 151 too small for a fun cruising board on Colorado groomers? Lay it on me.

Again, thank you.
Chris
It's softer definitely, but If you really just hate the Whatever's graphics, I like them, then I would actually shoot for the 154. It will still be plenty playful in the tips. I can ride 154's built for the same breakdown and I'm lighter than you. TBT also makes it more doable since it's inherently fun in the tips.

Either the 153 Whatever or the 154 FunKink should be a blast.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:49 PM   #294 (permalink)

hey im looking at getting a bataleon evil twin...i heard theyre a little heavier than other boards...anyone have any input on that?
i was riding a k2 fastplant 151 last season but broke my collarbone then tore my acl and in the process lost about 30 lbs, 15 of which i have gained back...im now 5'6 130 lbs size 9 boot...if i stay at this weight should i stick to the 149 or go up to the 152?

im always in the parks on the east coast doing rails and kickers, but more a fan of kickers so im kind of leaning towards the 152, but im not sure if its gonna be kinda big or heavy, havent ridden a cambered board in a while either haha. any help would be great, thanks!

Last edited by sjrider; 08-23-2011 at 01:52 PM.
sjrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:58 PM   #295 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I didn't notice their weight. So they're just average.

Go for the 152.

Old 08-23-2011, 04:10 PM   #296 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
I didn't notice their weight. So they're just average.

Go for the 152.
right on thanks man!
sjrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:00 PM   #297 (permalink)

Thanks Nivek. It's an internal battle with the Whatever design- but I want a seriously fun board to learn butters/presses and whatever else.

Whatever. Lol
Chris2pherw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:41 PM   #298 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yeah TBT is the ticket for that. Camber, so you'll learn how to press like a man, but TBT so it's forgiving. I wish I had a Bataleon when I started riding park back in the day.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:27 PM   #299 (permalink)

Cool Jam or Omni?

Heyhey! so I have been reading this thread for the past few months hyping myself up on a new purchase and first ever Bataleon board. I need some help, much like others, picking out the right size for my floating, powdery dreams. Right now I ride a 2008 Ride concept tms 159. It has been the only board I've ever ridden, and it is a beast for speed... A little stiff at times, but I def. throw it around. I ride a lot of freestyle/freeride into the trees and all the stashes I can find (mostly in the sierras)

I am looking at mostly the Jam and Omni, but I think I want to stick with the twin instead of going all out directional... but the back seat set up seems awesome! Do you think the Jam will be a little more forgiving than my Ride? I still want to bomb those hills and have a damp board... The goliath seems intersting, but the tech in the the Jam seems far more appealing for what I want to ride...

5'11 160lbs 10.5 foot...

What size should I get? do I need to downsize a little because of the TBT giving me some added benefits? 159 seems pretty nice for me and the amount of snow I've been hitting. lots of pow days, so I don't want to downsize unless the TBT really gives the lift I need.

Thanks so much for all the resources on this matter, just saw the bataleon catalog is up online! prices on the Jam and Omni?

Thanks again! love this forum....
Kahanquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:09 AM   #300 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hi Kahanquest,

It is as though they built the Jam specifically for you This is a neutral flexing board that for me, always seems to "push back" just hard enough. I don't have enough nice words for the Omni (I love the Omni - SMOOTCH) but, it is directional (outline, flex and inserts) so if you are looking to avoid directional it is not right for you.

For the Jam, stick with 159. All marketing aside, there is no cheating surface area when it comes to float in powder.

If you find yourself in Oregon this winter I will make sure that you get to try one.

Yeeeehhaaawwww.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote