Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 33 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2011, 07:58 AM   #321 (permalink)

What is with the inserts? If i could ride it? The question is, if it makes fun riding it. I need to test some boards to see what fits. :/ So, do you think, i should go for the evil twin or something different? Maybe the Riot? I'll first hire them to see if it fits. Probably im hiring it in 159w. hmm, im going to get 2 boards. Evil twin for sure and as the second maybe the riot or the airobic? Hmm... Any suggestions?
xotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2011, 08:21 AM   #322 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Yes, so I would go with the 159 Wide ET. The second board would be the question. Tel us a bit more about what type of riding you are wanting that board for.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:28 AM   #323 (permalink)

You get all details here http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...wanna-try.html

But this season i wanna do freestyle. Like flatland stuff, butters, a lot of the beginner park stuff. boxes rails. The little kickers like 20ft. Doign some kicker in the backcountry (but not a lot probably). i think the stuff which counts are boxes, kickers 10-20ft maybe more if i get to it, butters, flatland. Like 180, 360 over some little hills. It should be great in the park and okay at the normal slope.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:52 AM   #324 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotix View Post
You get all details here http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...wanna-try.html

But this season i wanna do freestyle. Like flatland stuff, butters, a lot of the beginner park stuff. boxes rails. The little kickers like 20ft. Doign some kicker in the backcountry (but not a lot probably). i think the stuff which counts are boxes, kickers 10-20ft maybe more if i get to it, butters, flatland. Like 180, 360 over some little hills. It should be great in the park and okay at the normal slope.
Got it. Not to talk you out of a second board, but that is a relatively narrow usage range and you more than have that covered on the ET.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:14 AM   #325 (permalink)

Since im going with a friend, i'll take a second. Or he will. Just to try tbt, he does the same stuff then i do. So, im gonna look what other boards maybe fits. Thanks 4 the help!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:20 AM   #326 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotix View Post
Since im going with a friend, i'll take a second. Or he will. Just to try tbt, he does the same stuff then i do. So, im gonna look what other boards maybe fits. Thanks 4 the help!
Wow, where do I sign up for a friend like you? That makes a lot more sense now. What are his specs (weight and foot size)?
Old 08-29-2011, 10:02 AM   #327 (permalink)

We are just going together, nothing more. Actually, i'll spent most time alon this year since he lives "far" away and my other friends dont like snowboarding...

Hmm, he want to do stuff like me. His weight, oh, he's even fatter then me, haha. About 100kg and the boots are 49. That would be about 14-15 US...He is about 188cm.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:11 AM   #328 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

So for him I would add on the Riot 159 Wide. It will double as a great monster pop board for you. You will have the freestyle side of things more than covered this year. I am stoked to hear your impressions of both models.

Thanks!
Old 08-29-2011, 10:15 AM   #329 (permalink)

Yeah i'll replay, but it will take about a month till the nearer regions are opened. Dont wanna go to the saas fee glacier just for testing boards :P (But i could board in the summer, isn't that great? I should do that once. )

Thanks again and i'll replay in this thread.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:58 PM   #330 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomahawk View Post
Hi, i was trying to research bataleon boards and stumbled across this thread.

I've been rocking an old bataleon Hero 159 (from 2006 i think?) for the past 4 years or so, and i love it, but it's gettin to the point where it's getting decently worn, and i'm itching to try something new.

the type of riding i do is mainly bombing as fast as a run allows, or hunting for powder in the trees. I dont do any park stuff, and dont really do any jumps. I would say I'm a very experienced boarder, but nothing crazy good.

I got my eyes on the Omni (debating between the 158 and 161) or the undisputed, but i must say the undisputed seems a lil too much just big mountain riding, I still want to be able to enjoy chill days with my less experienced friends. Are there any boards in the lineup that i might be missing?

oh yeah, i'm 5'10", 180lbs, size 13 boots. ive been in tahoe for the past 4 years, but going to be moving to switzerland next year (no clue what to expect there)

also, can anyone provide any feedback as to how worth it the 2012 boards are compared to the 2011? It seems like you can get the 2011 boards for ~$100 less; are the 2012 boards worth 100 bucks more?

thanks!
anybody care to give any feedback?
tomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote