Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 34 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2011, 05:39 AM   #331 (permalink)

where can i see which board handles how much kg in what length?
xotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2011, 08:25 AM   #332 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomahawk View Post
anybody care to give any feedback?
Hi,

Foot size will be critical to this choice.

Please measure your foot using this method:

Kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor exactly at the tip of your toe (the one that sticks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multiply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot x 2.54 = 28.57 centimeters).
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:29 AM   #333 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotix View Post
where can i see which board handles how much kg in what length?
Hi Xotix,

Bataleon does not provide weight specs per size. At 200 lbs, I can tell you you are still in the core range that we suggest for the ET 159 Wide.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:41 AM   #334 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Hi,

Foot size will be critical to this choice.

Please measure your foot using this method:

Kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor exactly at the tip of your toe (the one that sticks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multiply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot x 2.54 = 28.57 centimeters).
foot size = 28cm

thanks!
tomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:55 AM   #335 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomahawk View Post
foot size = 28cm

thanks!
Got it.

28 cm is a size 10 foot which makes things a lot easier.

At 180 lbs, size 10 you are a great match for the 2011 Omni 159. There are great savings available on that model and it was an absolute riper.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:55 AM   #336 (permalink)

Quote:
Got it.

28 cm is a size 10 foot which makes things a lot easier.

At 180 lbs, size 10 you are a great match for the 2011 Omni 159. There are great savings available on that model and it was an absolute riper.
hm, i havent worn a size 10 since like junior high, but 159 sounds like a good length.

do you think i'd notice a significant difference between the 2012 and 2011 omni? $100ish less makes the 2011 omni a very tempting deal as you pointed out...

appeciate the help
tomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:17 PM   #337 (permalink)

Hey everyone hows it going? I've been contemplating on which board i should go with this year so i thought i'd ask you guys for some advise. Im about 6 feet tall, 125 lbs, and have a boot size of 10.5. I live in British Columbia, and i mostly ride jibs and jumps down the groomer runs or i'll hit up the backcountry to build a booter or just shred some pow. I currently ride a 2011 Bataleon riot 155 and i love everything about it except that it is a little stiff for me and that it tends to want to pull the tips under in pow. So for this coming season i've been looking at either getting the 2012 Whatever in a 156, or the Fun.Kink in a 154. Any suggestions on which board would suit my riding best?

Thank you
westsiderider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:58 PM   #338 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsiderider View Post
Hey everyone hows it going? I've been contemplating on which board i should go with this year so i thought i'd ask you guys for some advise. Im about 6 feet tall, 125 lbs, and have a boot size of 10.5. I live in British Columbia, and i mostly ride jibs and jumps down the groomer runs or i'll hit up the backcountry to build a booter or just shred some pow. I currently ride a 2011 Bataleon riot 155 and i love everything about it except that it is a little stiff for me and that it tends to want to pull the tips under in pow. So for this coming season i've been looking at either getting the 2012 Whatever in a 156, or the Fun.Kink in a 154. Any suggestions on which board would suit my riding best?

Thank you
The Whatever will be perfect for you in 156. We will look for you when we are up in BC.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:10 PM   #339 (permalink)

Default Et?

This is pretty awesome you are making recommendations. I have a question for you...

I mostly freeride, I like to pick up speed and do blues and blacks, but I like to try buttering and some jumps off sidecuts, and some small jumps in the park, nothing crazy. My current board is 158 and pretty stiff so its hard to butter. What do you recommend? Evil Twin?

I measured my foot at 10.5....I wear a size 10 boot. I am about 190lbs. I ride 15/0 goofy.

I ride mostly weekend trips on the East coast/Mid-Atlantic area, but do a couple extended trips out West or the North East.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by russsoul; 08-30-2011 at 10:12 PM.
russsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:47 AM   #340 (permalink)

Quote:
The Whatever will be perfect for you in 156. We will look for you when we are up in BC.
Thanks for all your recommendations it has helped me out a ton. Also my last question was, do you know if the Whatever's stance can go over 57.5 cm??

Thanks
westsiderider is offline   Reply With Quote