Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 36 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2011, 09:05 PM   #351 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsiderider View Post
Stoked to hear you guys got some 2012 boards in, and also thanks for all your help again its made me more confident in knowing the board i'm buying will be suited for my style.
Our first shipment of Bataleon is in. One way we keep costs in line is by using child labor. We pay this one in peanut butter cups. She is only 60 lbs but has some serious guns. 3,200 pair of Flow boots on Monday and a few pallets of Bataleon yesterday. If she keeps it up she's getting a raise.

Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2011, 09:28 PM   #352 (permalink)

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Our first shipment of Bataleon is in...and a few pallets of Bataleon yesterday.
can't wait for that jam to show up online! The Omni is alluring with it's awesomeness and price point!
Kahanquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:25 AM   #353 (permalink)

Default Which Board?

All right so you are fantastic at answering questions, so I hope you don't mind if i shoot a few at you here. Sorry in advance if it's a super long comment.

First off, I ride in BC, mtns like Grouse and Whistler Blackcomb. Grouse can be a little icy.. unless there is fresh pow pow =).

Me: 140-145lbs, 9.5 32boots (foot size is 26cm though), and 171cm (5'6).

My Riding style: I like to ride pow and speed down the mountain from time to time. Most of the time i'm hitting anythiing and everything on the runs. I love to do all size jumps (spins,flips, everything i can attempt i do) and i love to do rails (anything and everything i will try to do on rails). I would say I'm a park rat (i like jumps more but i wanna get rails down too) but when the lines are long i'm fine with riding pow and enjoying the surf while hitting jumps on the run.

Which board is best for my riding? I'm looking at an ET, but i also LOVE that Aerobic and it's graphics. I just don't know if the aerobic and jib.tbt could handle bigger jumps and the tricks i attempt. The ET i don't know if that's soft enough for rails. The twin tbt. looks flatter so sounds better for rails too but iunno if it's soft enough.

Right now I have the 2010 USA fun.kink edition (153)... I find it perfect cept i think it's a little heavy and long.. I am thinking of going for 149-152 now. What do you think of the size change for my height?

Last question. I broke my 390 Bosses early this year trying to do a 720 in the park. After that, I don't feel like those bindings can handle my riding. I want a soft binding for sure, any ideas? I'm thinking Flux..Seems more durable to withstand what i do.

I dont know what my style of riding calls for.. I'm thinking that the fun.kink i have now is probably the best in between of the aerobic and ET. Perhaps i'll stick with it but i'm curious anyways..What is your opinion on the fun.kink by the way?

Sorry for the long ass comment.. i really tried not to make it so long. Guess i just wanted to be Thorough. Thanks so much though! You rock.
ellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:59 AM   #354 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Where do you ride? 156 might be best.
I live in the pacific northwest right next to crystal lake and I go to crystal and mt baker pretty often but I go to law school in virginia and I'd likely be going to snowshoe/massanothing . I don't remember if said this but I have 9.5 nike boots at +9,-9/12 angles weigh 175–180 and I tend to do a little bit of everything—on that end how do you think a Jam would do for me?

Last edited by 2813308004; 09-01-2011 at 06:05 AM.
2813308004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:33 AM   #355 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hi Ellz,

Cool. You are really looking for an all around freestyle board if you are going to have only one board. You mentioned slope rider, park rat, rails, big hits, ice, powder, etc. Are you going to keep the fun kink? If so we can find a strong second board to fill gaps. If not we will suggest a model that is right down the middle for your style.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:38 AM   #356 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2813308004 View Post
I live in the pacific northwest right next to crystal lake and I go to crystal and mt baker pretty often but I go to law school in virginia and I'd likely be going to snowshoe/massanothing . I don't remember if said this but I have 9.5 nike boots at +9,-9/12 angles weigh 175–180 and I tend to do a little bit of everything—on that end how do you think a Jam would do for me?
Hi,

The Jam is a rad board but I would steer you more towards the Goliath or Whatever for your do it all Bataleon. The 156 Goliath would be my top choice for you. The Goliath LOVES Cascade Cement.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:31 PM   #357 (permalink)

isn't it odd when jumping with the edge on a kicker with tbt?
xotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:57 PM   #358 (permalink)

Yeah, i'll keep my fun.kink and buy a 2nd board. I really like the ET but not the graphics or flex (not soft enough for rails?).. lol. AErobic really is my choice but i think it's too nooddley for jumps. Or maybe none of this will even make a difference.. and i'm over analyzing it right now.

What do you suggest =)

Thanks again.
ellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:16 PM   #359 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotix View Post
isn't it odd when jumping with the edge on a kicker with tbt?
It is if you aren't used to it. Take a couple runs and you should self adjust. I really enjoyed jumping TBT.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:45 PM   #360 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellz View Post
Yeah, i'll keep my fun.kink and buy a 2nd board. I really like the ET but not the graphics or flex (not soft enough for rails?).. lol. AErobic really is my choice but i think it's too nooddley for jumps. Or maybe none of this will even make a difference.. and i'm over analyzing it right now.

What do you suggest =)

Thanks again.
Good info. I would dig it if we could narrow down what is most important for you to get out of this new ride. The reason I ask is that the Airobic and Fun Kink are both pretty soft and are close to each other in that element. So if you are looking to go big, rage on ice, explore more and still be true to your park lovin' self, possibly you should spread it out a bit and grab a Whatever.