Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 39 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2011, 07:47 AM   #381 (permalink)

I'm probably going to just buy he evil twin this week. Since i can sell it again. But i stuck at the bindings, i looked at Flux and Unions. What binding would you recommend? I thought about the union flite, the force seem to be a bit stiff. Or something from flux. What binding would fit to park riding, mostly little-medium kickers, some rails boxes buttering flatland and other funny freestyle stuff? Also a bit bit backcountry?

I've read, that if i crank the ratches hard on the union's, i may get some troubles. Is this true?

Thanks!
xotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2011, 08:01 AM   #382 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotix View Post
I'm probably going to just buy he evil twin this week. Since i can sell it again. But i stuck at the bindings, i looked at Flux and Unions. What binding would you recommend? I thought about the union flite, the force seem to be a bit stiff. Or something from flux. What binding would fit to park riding, mostly little-medium kickers, some rails boxes buttering flatland and other funny freestyle stuff? Also a bit bit backcountry?

I've read, that if i crank the ratches hard on the union's, i may get some troubles. Is this true?

Thanks!
We sell Flux so please consider me entirely biased. The RK's are an amazing Park + binding. The DS is awesome, but is a park specific model and has less overlap than the RK. The TT's are a personal fav. They are leaning a bit more towards riders who either like a bit more support for freestyle or will be using them for mixed use. Great power freestyle binding. Very popular with guys who have ruined their ankles skating

We carry every model, size and color of Flux 2012.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:51 AM   #383 (permalink)

Default Whatever whatever, yay or nay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Good info. I would dig it if we could narrow down what is most important for you to get out of this new ride. The reason I ask is that the Airobic and Fun Kink are both pretty soft and are close to each other in that element. So if you are looking to go big, rage on ice, explore more and still be true to your park lovin' self, possibly you should spread it out a bit and grab a Whatever.
Thanks for your help previously Wired.
BUT
I need some more assurace..
Whitelines (UK magazine)put the 'whatever' very much in the progressive catagory. "Won't be enough for 'advanced' " etc. Friends (as well as a few Uk bataleon stockists) have been totally against me going to extruded base. I've told them, 'i've been very well informed that it's fine. I'm only doing 3 weeks this season and should I really be worried about the bomb proof'ness'/speed??

One shop-guy mentioned that bataleon have changed factory for this years stock and therefore definately stay away from extruded. (Any truth in this)

Are my mates speaking nonsense and do the shop dudes just want me to spend a tad more on a sintered Evil twin?
howies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:29 AM   #384 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by howies View Post
Thanks for your help previously Wired.
BUT
I need some more assurace..
Whitelines (UK magazine)put the 'whatever' very much in the progressive catagory. "Won't be enough for 'advanced' " etc. Friends (as well as a few Uk bataleon stockists) have been totally against me going to extruded base. I've told them, 'i've been very well informed that it's fine. I'm only doing 3 weeks this season and should I really be worried about the bomb proof'ness'/speed??

One shop-guy mentioned that bataleon have changed factory for this years stock and therefore definately stay away from extruded. (Any truth in this)

Are my mates speaking nonsense and do the shop dudes just want me to spend a tad more on a sintered Evil twin?
"Progressive"? As in for a progressive style of riding, a progressive brand, progressive technologies? I would say yes to all 3

As for boards being advanced (or not) based on sintered or extruded bases or Elan vs GST being able to produce better/worse decks with an extruded base, there is no merit to that.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:43 PM   #385 (permalink)

hope i am not stepping on toes here as i believe Wired sells gnu, but....

...i am biased towards any new bindings w/ the fastec entry system, specifically gnu. they have the ease of entry of the flows (which i could never get accustomed to the fit and feel), but fit and feel like a traditional two strap binding. whats more, you can shred down the mountain tightly secured, then flick the quick release on the ankle strap once you get down to the park and make them as floppy as you want. or you can flick the quick release to relieve tension in the lift line and on the chair. of course, you dont have to muck with finding the appropriate spot to sit down and strap in as you can just shred away from the chair. tried 'em all, and never going back...
tdc_worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:06 PM   #386 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc_worm View Post
hope i am not stepping on toes here as i believe Wired sells gnu, but....

...i am biased towards any new bindings w/ the fastec entry system, specifically gnu. they have the ease of entry of the flows (which i could never get accustomed to the fit and feel), but fit and feel like a traditional two strap binding. whats more, you can shred down the mountain tightly secured, then flick the quick release on the ankle strap once you get down to the park and make them as floppy as you want. or you can flick the quick release to relieve tension in the lift line and on the chair. of course, you dont have to muck with finding the appropriate spot to sit down and strap in as you can just shred away from the chair. tried 'em all, and never going back...
The Mutant and the new Choice are two favs and are flat out incredible bindings. This is a great option for riders who are looking for two strap and toe cap feel and rear entry leverage and access. I brought some Gnu Choices up to test for a day on Hood this summer and ended up riding them all week
Old 09-08-2011, 05:19 PM   #387 (permalink)

Quote:
The Mutant and the new Choice are two favs and are flat out incredible bindings. This is a great option for riders who are looking for two strap and toe cap feel and rear entry leverage and access. I brought some Gnu Choices up to test for a day on Hood this summer and ended up riding them all week

the mutant looks rad...i wish mine had the window in the tow strap (mine are like the choice). its awesome that they stepped up the women's B-Famous to an asym style...enough hi jack...back to the TBTits that is bataleon!
tdc_worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:36 PM   #388 (permalink)

Quote:
We sell Flux so please consider me entirely biased. The RK's are an amazing Park + binding. The DS is awesome, but is a park specific model and has less overlap than the RK. The TT's are a personal fav. They are leaning a bit more towards riders who either like a bit more support for freestyle or will be using them for mixed use. Great power freestyle binding. Very popular with guys who have ruined their ankles skating

We carry every model, size and color of Flux 2012.
I gotta agree. I picked up the RK30's to match my Bataleon Airobic from last year, and they are some of the best park bindings I've ever had. I tried last year's Rome 390 Boss's on the same day, on a friend's signal rocker, and they felt a ton better (though the Boss's are great). Something about the urethane backing makes the flex feel really natural, but not noodley.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:04 PM   #389 (permalink)

Cool Omni v. Jam

So stoked! I had been talking to a local shop about getting some bataleon boards. A few of the guys at the shop totally lit up when they heard me ask about the boards! After discussing the boards and coming in a few times to see if some higher ups had said 'yes' or 'no', I finally got a call! They're ordering 5 boards for their inventory! It worked! I thought about going online, but really wanted to pick it up in person!

I had been debating between the Jam and Omni forever. The Jam seems like an all mountain killer, but the flex seemed a little to stiff from everything I've heard. I wish I could have felt it though. The Basalt tech sounds awesome, but really bumps up the price. I actually prefer the neutral flex, ideally, but was secretly in love with the Omni.

The Omni just seems to be a dream. It is directional instead of a twin, but I don't feel it will bother me at all. I ride with setback already on my Ride concept, because of the heavy dumps we get in the sierras! And even as a directional I feel the switch will still be far easier to feel out than my regular Canbered Ride. Do you agree? The Tbt seems like it will make edging a little more physical in the foot. The flex is also going to be more Playful and closer to the Goliath, but with a neutral tail flex. Freeride Tbt, here I come! Also I feel this deck has the sweetest/ cleanest graphics of the batch. Love the script at the bottom. I also decided to get a 158. The 161 seemed too much from what I already ride (159). Felt like downsizing for playfulness. Hah. A tiny bit.

Hope to hear more experiences and choices from people buying! Support this company! And check out wiredsport for a sweet deal if you can't find these boards locally! It was my next option.

It's coming in next month!

5'10- 160 - 10.5 boot. 158 omni
Kahanquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:24 AM   #390 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahanquest View Post
So stoked! I had been talking to a local shop about getting some bataleon boards. A few of the guys at the shop totally lit up when they heard me ask about the boards! After discussing the boards and coming in a few times to see if some higher ups had said 'yes' or 'no', I finally got a call! They're ordering 5 boards for their inventory!

I think they under-ordered 5 Bataleons? We call that a bad Monday

Winters coming. Time to stock up.

In seriousness, I am very stoked for you and the shop. It feels great to support core growing brands with innovative tech.

Last edited by Wiredsport; 09-10-2011 at 07:27 AM.