Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 40 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2011, 11:00 AM   #391 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post

I think they under-ordered 5 Bataleons? We call that a bad Monday
Haha yeah! Awesome line up you have there! So many! They def. Under- ordered, had to go in and keep asking. It's cool someone heard me out though! Got kind of nervous about the omni. It hardly seems like anyone has even ridden it. No reviews no nothing. Hopefully I'm stepping in a secret society.
Kahanquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2011, 12:29 PM   #392 (permalink)

My 156W Evil Twin just got with the mail! I have paired it up with some Flux bindings from my other Bataleon board, but I have to buy a new pair of bindings for it later. Will be Flux, but I am not sure of which model. I am going to use it for park mostly.

Ideas?
Biornus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:31 PM   #393 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biornus View Post
My 156W Evil Twin just got with the mail! I have paired it up with some Flux bindings from my other Bataleon board, but I have to buy a new pair of bindings for it later. Will be Flux, but I am not sure of which model. I am going to use it for park mostly.

Ideas?
TT30's or SF45's are what I'd put on an ET.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:13 PM   #394 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post

I think they under-ordered 5 Bataleons? We call that a bad Monday

Winters coming. Time to stock up.

In seriousness, I am very stoked for you and the shop. It feels great to support core growing brands with innovative tech.
do want!
Old 09-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #395 (permalink)

Wired - Saw a lot of your good advice on this thread, and was hoping to get some personalized suggestions as well.

I've heard a lot of good things about Bataleon and TBT so I was looking into picking up one of their boards this season.
Currently 5'8, 150lbs, and ride a size 8 Burton Ambush/7.5 Nike ZF1. I've been using a '10 152 Sierrascope for the last two seasons and have loved it. It's not quite dead yet, so I'm looking to get a board that complements it.

I am unfortunately on the east coast, so I normally ride conditions that are on the icier side. I like bombing groomers, riding tree runs, and hitting jumps in the park, as well as any "in bounds backcountry" runs whenever I can find them (the occasional snowstorm, or when I head out west). I was trying to get more into rails last season, but an early knee ligament injury kept me out of the park for most of the season. I figured when it comes to rails though I'd just stick with my sierrascope.

I guess I'm looking for something that is more all-mountain oriented, but can still hit up the park when I want. Something a little stiffer than my SScope, but something that I can still flex and butter around with. I've decided that if we get any powder when I head out west this year, I'm just going to demo a powder board; However I would still like my new board to handle powder a little better than my SScope for the occasional storm back east.

I do enjoy my boards a little on the shorter side, so I wasn't thinking of getting anything too long. Right now I've been looking at the ET, ET AE, and the Goliath, while kind of considering the Riot. I was thinking something in the 154 range. I've found a 2011 154 ET AE that is in pretty good shape and was curious about the differences between the two years (other than the bases), and how it would affect the board's ride.

Thanks a bunch
Sintexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:28 PM   #396 (permalink)

Last year i rode the Bataleon Fun.Kink 153 and really loved it. since it cracked, bataleon offered me a cheaper new board, and i've been looking at the airobic 151. will It be softer or stiffer than my previous board? does the varying flex (softer middle section) make it easier to press? Ideally i'd like it to be just a little flexier than the fun.kink i had, and i figured if i go down a size that'll make up for it, right?
Tobotobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:20 PM   #397 (permalink)

Smile Omni

Sweet video by Bataleon of them ripping in the back-country. also a first look at someone riding the new omni and shredding the hill!

http://vimeo.com/20057570

can't wait for this board and the snow.
Kahanquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:12 AM   #398 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sintexo View Post
Wired - Saw a lot of your good advice on this thread, and was hoping to get some personalized suggestions as well.

I've heard a lot of good things about Bataleon and TBT so I was looking into picking up one of their boards this season.
Currently 5'8, 150lbs, and ride a size 8 Burton Ambush/7.5 Nike ZF1. I've been using a '10 152 Sierrascope for the last two seasons and have loved it. It's not quite dead yet, so I'm looking to get a board that complements it.

I am unfortunately on the east coast, so I normally ride conditions that are on the icier side. I like bombing groomers, riding tree runs, and hitting jumps in the park, as well as any "in bounds backcountry" runs whenever I can find them (the occasional snowstorm, or when I head out west). I was trying to get more into rails last season, but an early knee ligament injury kept me out of the park for most of the season. I figured when it comes to rails though I'd just stick with my sierrascope.

I guess I'm looking for something that is more all-mountain oriented, but can still hit up the park when I want. Something a little stiffer than my SScope, but something that I can still flex and butter around with. I've decided that if we get any powder when I head out west this year, I'm just going to demo a powder board; However I would still like my new board to handle powder a little better than my SScope for the occasional storm back east.

I do enjoy my boards a little on the shorter side, so I wasn't thinking of getting anything too long. Right now I've been looking at the ET, ET AE, and the Goliath, while kind of considering the Riot. I was thinking something in the 154 range. I've found a 2011 154 ET AE that is in pretty good shape and was curious about the differences between the two years (other than the bases), and how it would affect the board's ride.

Thanks a bunch
Good info, and STOKED that you are ready to live the triple base dream

That Goliath 153 is solid choice for you. You would enjoy the Riot but you may still find it a lot of board at 150 lbs. The ET's are awesome, but you are sneaking into overlap territory with your Scoper.

Thanks!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:36 AM   #399 (permalink)
Banned!

the airobic is VERY flexy...they have a new park model this year that is supposed to be crazy flexy as well. can pretty much guarantee that this board will have mad chatter at speed and is not for big kickers. however smaller kickers and rails this thing will slay. i chose an ET classic when i went to shop the boards side by side.
snowklinger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:43 AM   #400 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The Airobic is a little stiffer in the tip and tail than the FK, but it is strange to even say stiffer when talking about the Airobic, because as kilinger mentioned, it is still a very flexy model. The Airobic gives you just the right amount of resistance for presses. If that is your primary interest, you will dig it.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote