Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 41 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #401 of 753 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 10:56 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
The Airobic is a little stiffer in the tip and tail than the FK, but it is strange to even say stiffer when talking about the Airobic, because as kilinger mentioned, it is still a very flexy model. The Airobic gives you just the right amount of resistance for presses. If that is your primary interest, you will dig it.
Well, I don't know how to take this now. (this is also adressed to snowklinger) My Fun.Kink, which technically is softer than the airobic, had practically no chatter, but felt extremely stable and locked in on crazy eurocarves, even though it felt pretty soft. From my experience with it, although bataleon gave it a 3.5/10 flex rating, it felt considerably stiffer than expected, probably more like 4.5. It was quite easy and ridiculously fun to press, but felt like it was giving me just a little more resistance than need be. Could the airobic really somehow be so unstable in comparison, if it's less soft and has the exact same contact length, 116cm? Also, i have fairly stiff bindings (forum republic 08's), so i'm slightly covered in terms of stability.
if it matters, i'm not particularly heavy, 68kg/150lb, and at the moment i'm not hitting anything bigger than mid-large-ish kickers, nothing huge. Also, yes i do absolutely love presses, hence how intensely i'm considering stiffness.

again, could someone clarify if my understanding is wrong, that same model boards are softer when you go down a size? I thought Snowboard companies do that to justify their flex-ratings, since a smaller size obviously is for lighter people, that will find the same flex harder to press. am i wrong?

PS: I realize that flex-ratings are far from accurate
Tobotobo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #402 of 753 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 06:05 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
ll IrOn CiTy ll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: BlItZbUrGh..
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Me and my brother are leaning towards getting Bataleon boards this season.After a some research Im really digging the "Riot" and the "Evil Twin".We are looking for a park board that will still maintain stability at high speeds.Wich of these two would best suit our needs.Also what size do you recomend..Thanks in advanced

Here is our specs:
5'8 145lbs size 9.5
6'1 215lbs size 12

eastcoast riders..lots of ice!

Last edited by ll IrOn CiTy ll; 09-14-2011 at 06:23 PM.
ll IrOn CiTy ll is offline  
post #403 of 753 (permalink) Old 09-15-2011, 09:35 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Im 6'1 200 lbs with a size 12 as well. I pretty much ride strictly park, like 30 to 40 footers for slopestlye. I just got the 159 2011 riot and i can't wait to use it. I know it'll be pretty hard to press, but i focus many on board slides and popping in and out of rails so it'll be good for that i think. I think that it'll break in pretty well so its not going to be as stiff as it seems, but its still stiff which is nice for a big guy like me. I was just worried about getting the ET classic because I had problems with soft boards last year (rome artifact).
hoopsthereitis is offline  
post #404 of 753 (permalink) Old 09-15-2011, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,372
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobotobo View Post
Well, I don't know how to take this now. (this is also adressed to snowklinger) My Fun.Kink, which technically is softer than the airobic, had practically no chatter, but felt extremely stable and locked in on crazy eurocarves, even though it felt pretty soft. From my experience with it, although bataleon gave it a 3.5/10 flex rating, it felt considerably stiffer than expected, probably more like 4.5. It was quite easy and ridiculously fun to press, but felt like it was giving me just a little more resistance than need be. Could the airobic really somehow be so unstable in comparison, if it's less soft and has the exact same contact length, 116cm? Also, i have fairly stiff bindings (forum republic 08's), so i'm slightly covered in terms of stability.
if it matters, i'm not particularly heavy, 68kg/150lb, and at the moment i'm not hitting anything bigger than mid-large-ish kickers, nothing huge. Also, yes i do absolutely love presses, hence how intensely i'm considering stiffness.

again, could someone clarify if my understanding is wrong, that same model boards are softer when you go down a size? I thought Snowboard companies do that to justify their flex-ratings, since a smaller size obviously is for lighter people, that will find the same flex harder to press. am i wrong?

PS: I realize that flex-ratings are far from accurate
If chatter was not an issue for you at your weight on the FK, it will be even less so on the Airobic. The Airobic is a little stiffer. Both are among the softer boards that we sell, but they are definately well loved and ridden very hard by a core group of riders worldwide.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.





To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wiredsport is offline  
post #405 of 753 (permalink) Old 09-15-2011, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,372
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsthereitis View Post
Im 6'1 200 lbs with a size 12 as well. I pretty much ride strictly park, like 30 to 40 footers for slopestlye. I just got the 159 2011 riot and i can't wait to use it. I know it'll be pretty hard to press, but i focus many on board slides and popping in and out of rails so it'll be good for that i think. I think that it'll break in pretty well so its not going to be as stiff as it seems, but its still stiff which is nice for a big guy like me. I was just worried about getting the ET classic because I had problems with soft boards last year (rome artifact).
At 200 lbs you will love the Riot. That board has monster pop and will resist your weight perfectly, even in presses etc..

Have a great season!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.





To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wiredsport is offline  
post #406 of 753 (permalink) Old 09-15-2011, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,372
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ll IrOn CiTy ll View Post
Me and my brother are leaning towards getting Bataleon boards this season.After a some research Im really digging the "Riot" and the "Evil Twin".We are looking for a park board that will still maintain stability at high speeds.Wich of these two would best suit our needs.Also what size do you recomend..Thanks in advanced

Here is our specs:
5'8 145lbs size 9.5
6'1 215lbs size 12

eastcoast riders..lots of ice!
You guys will rip best on different boards. He will love the Riot 159 W, you will be stoked with the 152 ET. The Ice coast is never gunna feel the same!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.





To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wiredsport is offline  
post #407 of 753 (permalink) Old 09-15-2011, 11:26 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
ll IrOn CiTy ll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: BlItZbUrGh..
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
You guys will rip best on different boards. He will love the Riot 159 W, you will be stoked with the 152 ET. The Ice coast is never gunna feel the same!
Thanks a lot for your input.What makes the riot better for him,and the ET better for me??I am in NOOO way questioning you,I just want to understand your answer better.Believe me the ET looks a little easier on the wallet,and your input is a huge deciding factor.Im guessing its body weight and the Riot is a little stiffer for the big dogs.??!!Thanks bro.
ll IrOn CiTy ll is offline  
post #408 of 753 (permalink) Old 09-15-2011, 11:38 AM
Member
 
Paddy12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
So i have decided on a bataleon for next season, but i cant decide between the goliath, the whatever, and the riot. My current set up is a NS evo so which one would go bestwith that. Im 5'9 145lbs and i ride east coast and this bosrd would be for pow, steeps, all mountain freestyle, and trees. no park other than a few jumps maybe. Thanks for the help
Paddy12 is offline  
post #409 of 753 (permalink) Old 09-15-2011, 10:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: yongpyong, korea
Posts: 159
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy12 View Post
So i have decided on a bataleon for next season, but i cant decide between the goliath, the whatever, and the riot. My current set up is a NS evo so which one would go bestwith that. Im 5'9 145lbs and i ride east coast and this bosrd would be for pow, steeps, all mountain freestyle, and trees. no park other than a few jumps maybe. Thanks for the help
dude, have you thought about the allmtn/freeride rigs? Maybe the omni? Itd maybe be a bit more distinct from your evo which would open up some of your options a bit more... which of course would also add a nice balance to your quiver. You could have the omni for ripping and tearing it up in the slackcountry and on the resort or in the pipe, and the evo for cruising, hangover rides and a bit of resort pow or park laps. With the backshit inserts and the kick on the nose tbt this years omni would be one of my top choices for sure (if i didnt already have a nice pow charger in the charlie). If you want to tone down the freeride a bit you could go with the jam, but honestly i wouldnt give up those inserts, extra nose kick and setback for a twin shape. Plus its surprisingly a softish flex at 5-6-6. (the goliath is a straight 6 and the whatever is a straight 7 whilst the riot is 4-5-4 as if all that somehow describes the board ).

Sorry im hijacking your preferences for something id want in those conditions, but its maybe something to think about since i think its not on everyoens radar - but maybe has a decent shout in this case

Last edited by ippy; 09-16-2011 at 12:11 AM.
ippy is offline  
post #410 of 753 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 03:59 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
alright, cool.

Again, would the airobic 151 be softer than the 154?
Tobotobo is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome