Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 42 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2011, 06:35 AM   #411 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobotobo View Post
alright, cool.

Again, would the airobic 151 be softer than the 154?
Hi Tobotobo,

The 151 does feel slightly softer than the 154 from the ol' pull off the shelf and hand flex test. I would judge very little based on that.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2011, 06:41 AM   #412 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ll IrOn CiTy ll View Post
Thanks a lot for your input.What makes the riot better for him,and the ET better for me??I am in NOOO way questioning you,I just want to understand your answer better.Believe me the ET looks a little easier on the wallet,and your input is a huge deciding factor.Im guessing its body weight and the Riot is a little stiffer for the big dogs.??!!Thanks bro.
Both are amazing boards and he could definately have a lot of fun on an ET, but having sold a lot of these to big guys, the reaction to the Riot from guys over 190 lbs is 100%. He would have a very different experience on that board than you would. For you it would feel like a monster power board, for him it will be more of an on demand, solid fit.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:43 AM   #413 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
"Progressive"? As in for a progressive style of riding, a progressive brand, progressive technologies? I would say yes to all 3

As for boards being advanced (or not) based on sintered or extruded bases or Elan vs GST being able to produce better/worse decks with an extruded base, there is no merit to that.
The Whitelines buyers guide simplifies boards into 5 basic types; womens, progressive, jib, all mountain and big mountain.
It's way over simplified and really is no more than a basic guide.
In their 'pick a stick' section they suggest progressive boards are for people who 'have spent 3 weeks or less on the snow'.

Their write up on the Whatever is pretty poor and consists of 4 seven word lines about TBT in general being catch free and popular with beginners and 3 more lines about the Whatever having a cheap extruded and therefore slow base. Shame really, their write ups on the rest of the Bataleon range are pretty positive.
pete7:19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:16 PM   #414 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete7:19 View Post
The Whitelines buyers guide simplifies boards into 5 basic types; womens, progressive, jib, all mountain and big mountain.
It's way over simplified and really is no more than a basic guide.
In their 'pick a stick' section they suggest progressive boards are for people who 'have spent 3 weeks or less on the snow'.

Their write up on the Whatever is pretty poor and consists of 4 seven word lines about TBT in general being catch free and popular with beginners and 3 more lines about the Whatever having a cheap extruded and therefore slow base. Shame really, their write ups on the rest of the Bataleon range are pretty positive.
The Whatever is in my top 10 boards for 2012, maybe my top 5. So freakin fun.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:39 PM   #415 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Both are amazing boards and he could definately have a lot of fun on an ET, but having sold a lot of these to big guys, the reaction to the Riot from guys over 190 lbs is 100%. He would have a very different experience on that board than you would. For you it would feel like a monster power board, for him it will be more of an on demand, solid fit.
I noticed that the specs on the ET & the ET "artist edition" are slightly different in regards to stiffness..Wich one would be more geared to what I will be doing, as well as not shake like a leaf when im downing icy steeps..I like what a softer feeling board will do in the way of butters and flat ground type tricks..but I def. dont wanna be the last one to the bottom because of chatter.Thanks man.. sorry for the interrogation..I just want to get the right tool for the job!

O ya apparently I weigh 152 lbs now.. not 145.. does that make a difference haha?
ll IrOn CiTy ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #416 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete7:19 View Post
The Whatever is an amzingly easy board to ride and I would have no problem suggesting it to a brand new rider, but if they meant the opposite, that in some way it would limit any rider, then they missed the mark.

You will see vid of guys blowing up on this board this year.

Last edited by Wiredsport; 09-18-2011 at 09:51 AM.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:51 AM   #417 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ll IrOn CiTy ll View Post
I noticed that the specs on the ET & the ET "artist edition" are slightly different in regards to stiffness..Wich one would be more geared to what I will be doing, as well as not shake like a leaf when im downing icy steeps..I like what a softer feeling board will do in the way of butters and flat ground type tricks..but I def. dont wanna be the last one to the bottom because of chatter.Thanks man.. sorry for the interrogation..I just want to get the right tool for the job!

O ya apparently I weigh 152 lbs now.. not 145.. does that make a difference haha?
We noticed that and assumed it was a typo. The 3 sizes of the AE match 3 of the reg ET sizes, the construction is identical and the flex feels identical. As always, we suggest that noone pay any attention to flex ratings. They basically tell you nothing valuable.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:38 AM   #418 (permalink)

Hey, I signed up to pose this question.
I've seen a lot of people talking about using the board for park ect, but i want to know how good these boards are for carving on groomed runs.
Also does anyone have any experience with the enemy+++?
Thanks.
iFrozenFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:45 AM   #419 (permalink)

The enemy seems pretty epic, though hardly reported on. Most people report on park and jibbing, as you said, or just reply with marketing suggestions. If you want something to take with you to space, it looks pretty cool. Twin outline, directional flex with the stiff tail. I would think that that Undisputed would be the carviest board with the strongest support, but has a directional shape and flex 3-4-4. Be sure to check out the Jam too! Directional twin. What's your height/weight/boot?
Kahanquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:10 AM   #420 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFrozenFire View Post
Hey, I signed up to pose this question.
I've seen a lot of people talking about using the board for park ect, but i want to know how good these boards are for carving on groomed runs.
Also does anyone have any experience with the enemy+++?
Thanks.
I've been riding the Jam (09 model) on groomers since Feb 09 and for me it's perfect. I go fast and hard with confidence. Can't praise it enough.
pete7:19 is offline   Reply With Quote