Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 43 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 06:18 AM   #421 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahanquest View Post
The enemy seems pretty epic, though hardly reported on. Most people report on park and jibbing, as you said, or just reply with marketing suggestions. If you want something to take with you to space, it looks pretty cool. Twin outline, directional flex with the stiff tail. I would think that that Undisputed would be the carviest board with the strongest support, but has a directional shape and flex 3-4-4. Be sure to check out the Jam too! Directional twin. What's your height/weight/boot?
I'm about 174cm (Mebbeh 5'7?) at about 95kg (210lb), at a boot size of 9 1/2.
Don't get me wrong, i love jibbing + buttering + jumping, but I want to be sure that any board I buy is going to be able to handle a fast carve on variable conditions. (NZ Snow FTW :L) Being able to do the other stuff well would be a bonus!
iFrozenFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2011, 12:49 AM   #422 (permalink)

From what i've heard these boards dont have any issue carving and holding it down in any conditions other than pure ice ( like most boards).I think that if you want something aggressive and still possible to push around I would suggest the Jam. It is basalt enhanced for structure and support. Twin shape for the do-it-all, and neutral (5) flex rating. This was my choice until I ordered the Omni. Kinda thinking I should go back to the Jam for the twin shape and no set back. The Jam 159 seems like a good fit for you. But Wiredsport has better advice on fitting. The 161 would be perfect but only comes in wide. I think the 159 would be on the playful side for you, but still super solid.
Kahanquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:37 AM   #423 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahanquest View Post
From what i've heard these boards dont have any issue carving and holding it down in any conditions other than pure ice ( like most boards).I think that if you want something aggressive and still possible to push around I would suggest the Jam. It is basalt enhanced for structure and support. Twin shape for the do-it-all, and neutral (5) flex rating. This was my choice until I ordered the Omni. Kinda thinking I should go back to the Jam for the twin shape and no set back. The Jam 159 seems like a good fit for you. But Wiredsport has better advice on fitting. The 161 would be perfect but only comes in wide. I think the 159 would be on the playful side for you, but still super solid.
Thanks, i'll wait and see what Wiredsport has to say
Old 09-21-2011, 09:19 AM   #424 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFrozenFire View Post
Thanks, i'll wait and see what Wiredsport has to say
The Boys are on it. The Jam will be perfect for you. The question I would have is are you against going with a directional board? You mentioned buttering, jibs, Etc as a bonus. If you meant that they are actually a minor issue for you and you really want to push the carving on harpack thing, then you should consider the Omni. That deck is as good as any board ever at maching and setting an edge on hardpack, cord, etc.

Let us know and we will size you up.

Thanks!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:47 PM   #425 (permalink)

Default funkink

Whats the deal with the fun kink I like the price
jackson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:05 PM   #426 (permalink)

what is the main difference between the ET and the Whatever when it comes to riding style? I really want the ET, but can't make up my mind!!!!!
losib3257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:26 PM   #427 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
The Boys are on it. The Jam will be perfect for you. The question I would have is are you against going with a directional board? You mentioned buttering, jibs, Etc as a bonus. If you meant that they are actually a minor issue for you and you really want to push the carving on harpack thing, then you should consider the Omni. That deck is as good as any board ever at maching and setting an edge on hardpack, cord, etc.

Let us know and we will size you up.

Thanks!
Well my current board is a Custom 2005 (154 I believe) and I think i would rather go twin because I'd like a board to be good for jibbing ect but i dont want to give up good edge hold to be able to do it.

The other thing that's been bugging me: I currently ride a 154, but recently i've read that board length is decided almost soley by weight. When i bought my board i was advised (possibly incorrectly) that it should come up to about my chin. But my 154 Custom has always ridden fine, carves well not the best pop but i wouldn't attribute that to the shorter length? So is it a just an unfounded prejudice for the longer board?

Thanks.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:36 PM   #428 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by losib3257 View Post
what is the main difference between the ET and the Whatever when it comes to riding style? I really want the ET, but can't make up my mind!!!!!
If it helps at all, the Whatever is basically a softer Goliath. One of my favorite softer do everything boards. The ET is a great mid flex park deck.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:11 AM   #429 (permalink)

The whatever has a flex rating of 7 (softer side of scale) and has an extruded base with bi ax laminate (reason for softness and/or 'whatever'). The evil twin is given a little more care and core. Tri ax laminate with a flex 6-7-6 (softer in the middle) and sintered base (faster). MSRP difference is that the ET is $50 more. The Whatever seems like the replacement for the old Goliath, that is now tri ax all around and straight up sintered base this year. Yeah 4 that. Whatever seems fun, but it's name has been ironic for how it makes me feel- 'whatever'.

I vote ET based on design and structure. Your riding style/ location/ and experience will help determine how it matches your interests.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:49 AM   #430 (permalink)

Your 154 isn't so bad all-in-all, just on the small side of your range. Mostly it's about your riding style and preference, along with boot size (but your 9.5s will fit it all). I feel that if youre wanting something all mountain, keeping you all over the place when it snows and in the park when it's all tracked out, you're a good fit for sizing up! I would demo something just to feel the difference, but 5cm is only an inch. Only half an inch tip and tail ( if that eases the pain) heh. I think that if you get powder you will find even a 159 way more comfortable. This extra length will make those hard turns stick and get even more powered out. But I am in the opposite position. I have a hard time thinking I can downsize.

I'd start staring at the Jam, Riot. Goliath can be in the corner glowing if you want something more 'playful'