Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 44 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2011, 07:21 AM   #431 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson96 View Post
Whats the deal with the fun kink I like the price
The FunKink is a playful, soft flexing, feel good board. This is about easy riding with no catch points. You are going to sacrifice a bit of the edge hold and major boost (it still has good pop and a lively feel) that you will get with some of the other models, but that is not what the FK is about.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2011, 07:27 AM   #432 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by losib3257 View Post
what is the main difference between the ET and the Whatever when it comes to riding style? I really want the ET, but can't make up my mind!!!!!
The boards are based on different TBT designs (twin vs freestyle). The center base on the Whatever is significanly narrower than on the ET. The ET gets that rock solid platform for launching pressing etc while the Whatever is designed as a do it all deck.

Thanks!
Old 09-22-2011, 07:39 AM   #433 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFrozenFire View Post
Well my current board is a Custom 2005 (154 I believe) and I think i would rather go twin because I'd like a board to be good for jibbing ect but i dont want to give up good edge hold to be able to do it.

The other thing that's been bugging me: I currently ride a 154, but recently i've read that board length is decided almost soley by weight. When i bought my board i was advised (possibly incorrectly) that it should come up to about my chin. But my 154 Custom has always ridden fine, carves well not the best pop but i wouldn't attribute that to the shorter length? So is it a just an unfounded prejudice for the longer board?

Thanks.
Got it,

The Jam 156 will be a great choice for you. It will out edge your 2005 custom and will add in that ultra-friendly TBT feel.

Yes, buying by height (rider height or tip to tip board length) is not the way to go. It is a shot in the dark method of finding a board. Sometimes you will hit the mark, but just as often you will miss. Weight and foot size are the correct sizing indicators.

Thanks!
Old 09-22-2011, 09:53 AM   #434 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
The boards are based on different TBT designs (twin vs freestyle). The center base on the Whatever is significanly narrower than on the ET. The ET gets that rock solid platform for launching pressing etc while the Whatever is designed as a do it all deck.

Thanks!
I thought the ET was more of the do-it-all deck in their line? Does the narrower base on the Whatever make it harder riding when in the park for pressing, rails, and buttering and also for free riding on groomers?
losib3257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:00 AM   #435 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
I thought the ET was more of the do-it-all deck in their line? Does the narrower base on the Whatever make it harder riding when in the park for pressing, rails, and buttering and also for free riding on groomers?
Consider the ET an all purpose Freestyle board that leans towards park. The whatever is a straight up the middle deck that will be pushing into all mountain more than the ET. The center base on the Whatever is about 1/3 of the board width. On the ET it is roughly 1/2.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:42 AM   #436 (permalink)

Quote:
Consider the ET an all purpose Freestyle board that leans towards park. The whatever is a straight up the middle deck that will be pushing into all mountain more than the ET. The center base on the Whatever is about 1/3 of the board width. On the ET it is roughly 1/2.
Have you ridden both versions of the 2012?
Old 09-22-2011, 10:49 AM   #437 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Have you ridden both versions of the 2012?
You know it, brother!
Old 09-22-2011, 10:55 AM   #438 (permalink)

Quote:
You know it, brother!
Awesome. So is the ET some what sketchy on bombing hills where the Whatever or Goliath would be better?
Old 09-22-2011, 11:09 AM   #439 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Awesome. So is the ET some what sketchy on bombing hills where the Whatever or Goliath would be better?
Not at all. The ET holds its own. It is a full on freestlye/park board and that includes pushing hard. All moutain gets more towards carves, etc, but the Whatever/Goliath is still a freestyle model. It is just further over on the all mountain side of the spectrum.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:11 AM   #440 (permalink)

Quote:
Not at all. The ET holds its own. It is a full on freestlye/park board and that includes pushing hard. All moutain gets more towards carves, etc, but the Whatever/Goliath is still a freestyle model. It is just further over on the all mountain side of the spectrum.
Do you know what the difference in flex is between those three?