Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 44 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2011, 07:21 AM   #431 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson96 View Post
Whats the deal with the fun kink I like the price
The FunKink is a playful, soft flexing, feel good board. This is about easy riding with no catch points. You are going to sacrifice a bit of the edge hold and major boost (it still has good pop and a lively feel) that you will get with some of the other models, but that is not what the FK is about.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-22-2011, 07:27 AM   #432 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losib3257 View Post
what is the main difference between the ET and the Whatever when it comes to riding style? I really want the ET, but can't make up my mind!!!!!
The boards are based on different TBT designs (twin vs freestyle). The center base on the Whatever is significanly narrower than on the ET. The ET gets that rock solid platform for launching pressing etc while the Whatever is designed as a do it all deck.

Thanks!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:39 AM   #433 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFrozenFire View Post
Well my current board is a Custom 2005 (154 I believe) and I think i would rather go twin because I'd like a board to be good for jibbing ect but i dont want to give up good edge hold to be able to do it.

The other thing that's been bugging me: I currently ride a 154, but recently i've read that board length is decided almost soley by weight. When i bought my board i was advised (possibly incorrectly) that it should come up to about my chin. But my 154 Custom has always ridden fine, carves well not the best pop but i wouldn't attribute that to the shorter length? So is it a just an unfounded prejudice for the longer board?

Thanks.
Got it,

The Jam 156 will be a great choice for you. It will out edge your 2005 custom and will add in that ultra-friendly TBT feel.

Yes, buying by height (rider height or tip to tip board length) is not the way to go. It is a shot in the dark method of finding a board. Sometimes you will hit the mark, but just as often you will miss. Weight and foot size are the correct sizing indicators.

Thanks!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:53 AM   #434 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
losib3257's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
The boards are based on different TBT designs (twin vs freestyle). The center base on the Whatever is significanly narrower than on the ET. The ET gets that rock solid platform for launching pressing etc while the Whatever is designed as a do it all deck.

Thanks!
I thought the ET was more of the do-it-all deck in their line? Does the narrower base on the Whatever make it harder riding when in the park for pressing, rails, and buttering and also for free riding on groomers?
losib3257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:00 AM   #435 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losib3257 View Post
I thought the ET was more of the do-it-all deck in their line? Does the narrower base on the Whatever make it harder riding when in the park for pressing, rails, and buttering and also for free riding on groomers?
Consider the ET an all purpose Freestyle board that leans towards park. The whatever is a straight up the middle deck that will be pushing into all mountain more than the ET. The center base on the Whatever is about 1/3 of the board width. On the ET it is roughly 1/2.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:42 AM   #436 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
losib3257's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Consider the ET an all purpose Freestyle board that leans towards park. The whatever is a straight up the middle deck that will be pushing into all mountain more than the ET. The center base on the Whatever is about 1/3 of the board width. On the ET it is roughly 1/2.
Have you ridden both versions of the 2012?
losib3257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:49 AM   #437 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losib3257 View Post
Have you ridden both versions of the 2012?
You know it, brother!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:55 AM   #438 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
losib3257's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
You know it, brother!
Awesome. So is the ET some what sketchy on bombing hills where the Whatever or Goliath would be better?
losib3257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:09 AM   #439 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losib3257 View Post
Awesome. So is the ET some what sketchy on bombing hills where the Whatever or Goliath would be better?
Not at all. The ET holds its own. It is a full on freestlye/park board and that includes pushing hard. All moutain gets more towards carves, etc, but the Whatever/Goliath is still a freestyle model. It is just further over on the all mountain side of the spectrum.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:11 AM   #440 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
losib3257's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Not at all. The ET holds its own. It is a full on freestlye/park board and that includes pushing hard. All moutain gets more towards carves, etc, but the Whatever/Goliath is still a freestyle model. It is just further over on the all mountain side of the spectrum.
Do you know what the difference in flex is between those three?
losib3257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums