Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 45 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2011, 01:24 PM   #441 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by losib3257 View Post
Do you know what the difference in flex is between those three?
I listed most of them earlier. ET 6-7-6. Goliath 6. Whatever 7. All of these are on Bataleon Snowboards 1112 :: HOME!
Kahanquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2011, 01:34 PM   #442 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahanquest View Post
I listed most of them earlier. ET 6-7-6. Goliath 6. Whatever 7. All of these are on Bataleon Snowboards 1112 :: HOME!
So with all three being relatively close to each other in flex rating, and the only difference is style of TBT, would you suggest the Goliath or Whatever for riding in the park?
losib3257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:00 PM   #443 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by losib3257 View Post
So with all three being relatively close to each other in flex rating, and the only difference is style of TBT, would you suggest the Goliath or Whatever for riding in the park?
Goliath and whatever both have freestyle Tbt. Good good. The whatever is going to be more buttery with it's flex and freestyle/ 'whatever' attitude. The ET is more of a park board than the Goliath. Says it right in the description. The Whatever has an extruded base. So that will be easier to fill when you jab into your deck trying things in the park with a free spirit. But if you care about bases go for sintered.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:21 PM   #444 (permalink)

Quote:
Goliath and whatever both have freestyle Tbt. Good good. The whatever is going to be more buttery with it's flex and freestyle/ 'whatever' attitude. The ET is more of a park board than the Goliath. Says it right in the description. The Whatever has an extruded base. So that will be easier to fill when you jab into your deck trying things in the park with a free spirit. But if you care about bases go for sintered.
Extruded on the Whatever=not good.

Is the Goliath sintered?
Old 09-22-2011, 05:41 PM   #445 (permalink)

Yes. The only extruded bases are offered on Whatever, Airobic, Fun. Kink, Disaster, And all 'women's' boards. (strange?). Extruded is mostly for the park oriented freestylers and jib boards.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:09 PM   #446 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes. The only extruded bases are offered on Whatever, Airobic, Fun. Kink, Disaster, And all 'women's' boards. (strange?). Extruded is mostly for the park oriented freestylers and jib boards.
Ok,well now decide for me, haha.

I am 175 lbs, size 9 boots, ride groomers in the Midwest, looking at hitting the park more this year, buttering, hitting rails, jumps, kickers, boxes, and also carving down the big runs with my friends...154 ET or 153 Goliath?
Old 09-23-2011, 12:37 AM   #447 (permalink)

I can't really pick it for you. That's the important part for you and how you see your next season! It seems like you're ready for it all. I don't know your mountain, but either of your choices are on the cusp for fitting. The Goliath is meant to tackle it all. Right in the middle of all their technology, concepts and philosophy. The Evil Twin is right there with it... Classic too... But was born for the park. They both can do it, but it's more about what a rider can do over what a board can do at this point.

Check bataleon's site to see if they demo in your area. Lot's of mountains got a visit from them this year.

Point it!

Last edited by Kahanquest; 09-23-2011 at 12:40 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:04 AM   #448 (permalink)

hi guys, props to you all for this thread, especially wiredsport for your amazing advice, read the whole thread but just wanted to ask a question myself.

i work in val thorens in france during the winter season, will be season 7 in a month or so and i'm after a new board, pretty much convinced myself i want a bataleon and am set on the ET. we're pretty high up in resort so the snow is usually decent, good pow to be found but no trees as we're too high for them, don't necessarily park too much but looking for a board to play around on, presses, flat tricks, spinning off of the lips off the sides etc.

currently riding a pretty stiff rome board but cannot for the life of me remember which - it's still in france while i'm at home in england, only got it cause my agent was stolen from my flat as we slept one night and a mate was selling it real cheap. if needs be i'll use that for the pow but probably aim to ride just the new board.

i'm 6'3", 190 pounds but do lose weight over the winter and foot size US 10 going by the method Wiredsports has provided.

i'm pretty sold on the ET 157 but am considering the 58 whatever aswell. what do you think?

looking forward to your advice!
kinky tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:06 AM   #449 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hi KT,

Your pull toward the ET was correct and the 157 will be perfect for your specs. I only wish I could get over to Val Thorens to check you out ripping on it. Maybe late season

STOKED!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:37 AM   #450 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Hi KT,

Your pull toward the ET was correct and the 157 will be perfect for your specs. I only wish I could get over to Val Thorens to check you out ripping on it. Maybe late season

STOKED!
Sweet! Was hoping you'd say that, can't wait to get hold of it and start to ride it, should be on the slopes in 52 days, fist lifts of the season. we've got a new cable this season so will be cool to check out a couple of new runs before the public are let loose on them!

Thanks so much for your advice.

Stoked!!!
kinky tom is offline   Reply With Quote