Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 49 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2011, 08:17 AM   #481 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvonas View Post
time to get the credit card out
The pain only lasts a second
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2011, 10:15 AM   #482 (permalink)

Hi, I'm in a similar situation to Corvonas is - only difference being height and weight (5'10 and 150lb, size 9 boot). Looking for a board which would mainly be used on groomers, powder when I can find it and general mountain stuff but maybe starting to head down the more freestyle route also.

Looking mainly at the Jam 156 and the Evil Twin 154/157. The Jam seems the slightly more sensible choice for the style of riding (as was said in reply to Corvonas, better to get something to suit the style or riding you are doing!) but thinking it might be a bit stiff considering my experience and weight which is why I was looking at the Evil Twin also.

Any help appreciated!
speed12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:33 AM   #483 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed12 View Post
Hi, I'm in a similar situation to Corvonas is - only difference being height and weight (5'10 and 150lb, size 9 boot). Looking for a board which would mainly be used on groomers, powder when I can find it and general mountain stuff but maybe starting to head down the more freestyle route also.

Looking mainly at the Jam 156 and the Evil Twin 154/157. The Jam seems the slightly more sensible choice for the style of riding (as was said in reply to Corvonas, better to get something to suit the style or riding you are doing!) but thinking it might be a bit stiff considering my experience and weight which is why I was looking at the Evil Twin also.

Any help appreciated!
Hi Speed,

Are you riding any park at this point or is that a goal of yours in the near future?
Old 10-20-2011, 11:20 AM   #484 (permalink)

At the moment no, just on the mountain. In the future I'd want to start getting in there and having a play around, but it will be more mountain focused I would say. Also looking for something that I can progress on and last for a while without suddenly being too flexy etc (hence looking at the Jam).

Cheers!
Old 10-21-2011, 08:20 AM   #485 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed12 View Post

Any help appreciated!
The Jam 156 will be a better choice. If you were playing on rails etc, then we would go a different route but for your style the Jam will be unreal.

Thanks
Old 10-21-2011, 08:23 AM   #486 (permalink)

Yeah, I think that sounds like a great choice. The resort I usually go to is mostly mountain stuff anyway so even if I wanted to do park then it would be quite difficult! I reckon a Jam for mountain riding and then something more park orientated in the future when I want to get into properly would be the best bet. Can never have too many boards!

Sorted. Credit card sting for me as well then....
Old 10-21-2011, 11:03 AM   #487 (permalink)

quick question. For a 6'1", 205lb before gear guy, do you think there would be a noticeable difference from the trees to the park when comparing the 159W Riot vs. a 161W Jam? They both have nearly the same width and effective edge, similar flex numbers and are both twins (and probably have similar surface area). the major difference seems to be the width of the TBT. because of my weight and size 12 feet, i am usually on a wide board over 160. again, because of my weight, i suspect the difference between the ride on these two boards will be negligible for me. thoughts?
tdc_worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:00 PM   #488 (permalink)

how good tbt is on ice?
ABagofButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:27 PM   #489 (permalink)

Do Bataleon boards come factory detuned at the tip/tail and a lil between the bindings?
Thanks
borborygmii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:48 AM   #490 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc_worm View Post
quick question. For a 6'1", 205lb before gear guy, do you think there would be a noticeable difference from the trees to the park when comparing the 159W Riot vs. a 161W Jam? They both have nearly the same width and effective edge, similar flex numbers and are both twins (and probably have similar surface area). the major difference seems to be the width of the TBT. because of my weight and size 12 feet, i am usually on a wide board over 160. again, because of my weight, i suspect the difference between the ride on these two boards will be negligible for me. thoughts?
Hi TDC,

There is actually a very noticable difference between the two boards.

The Basalt stringers in the boards are placed differently. On the Jam they are tip to tail. On the Riot they are tip to inner insert (at both tips). Also the cores are different with the Jam getting the Reactor core (hardwood at the sidewalls) to enhance edging and the Riot getting the Core Core with hardwood at the insert rows to enhance pop. Also the TBT differnce that you mentioned.

Thanks!