Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 50 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2011, 09:51 AM   #491 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABagofButter View Post
how good tbt is on ice?
Excellent. You get all of the effective edge that you would on a conventional cambered board. Once even the slightest deck angle and pressure is applied you have full contact point to contact point edge contact. TBT tears up icy days!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2011, 09:53 AM   #492 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by borborygmii View Post
Do Bataleon boards come factory detuned at the tip/tail and a lil between the bindings?
Thanks
Yes to tip and tail (although very modestly), no to the rest of the edge.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #493 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Excellent. You get all of the effective edge that you would on a conventional cambered board. Once even the slightest deck angle and pressure is applied you have full contact point to contact point edge contact. TBT tears up icy days!
Thanks! I have two more questions sorry haha.

1. Would I be able to hit a 40 foot kicker with the Disaster while still remaining stable?

2. Is the Lobster Parkboard (about the same as the Evil Twin, I hear it's a little stiffer) decent for doing presses/butters?
ABagofButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:02 AM   #494 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:

1. Would I be able to hit a 40 foot kicker with the Disaster while still remaining stable?

2. Is the Lobster Parkboard (about the same as the Evil Twin, I hear it's a little stiffer) decent for doing presses/butters?
1. That all depends on you. I might be able to, that would be about the max I'd go though.

2. I think I was told the Park is a softer version of the ET and the Jib was a little softer version of the FunKink.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:21 AM   #495 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:

The Disaster is very soft. Landing bigger airs on very soft boards is a major skill and you would want to know that you have it. Most riders want a little firmer tip/tail for bigger hits. I haven't gotten up on the Lobster decks yet.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:02 PM   #496 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Hi TDC,

There is actually a very noticable difference between the two boards.

The Basalt stringers in the boards are placed differently. On the Jam they are tip to tail. On the Riot they are tip to inner insert (at both tips). Also the cores are different with the Jam getting the Reactor core (hardwood at the sidewalls) to enhance edging and the Riot getting the Core Core with hardwood at the insert rows to enhance pop. Also the TBT differnce that you mentioned.

Thanks!
cool. i gather all that and realize that there several "build" or "layup" differences. as one whom often splits hairs, i wonder if the "ride" difference between the two is splitting hairs for a 200+ lb rider whom is all over them mountain. I suspect not unless 1) i am hot lapping the park (riot favors and rare for me) or 2) hiking for steep powdery lines (jam favors). i pass thru the park on my way to the lift, but spend most of my time in the trees and off piste looking for pow stashes, natural kickers and other stuff to play on, and have an undisputed for the deep days. the riot is still probably the correct board, it just seems smallish as i dont think i have spent a lot of time on a board less than 160cm....

Last edited by tdc_worm; 10-22-2011 at 01:17 PM.
tdc_worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:51 PM   #497 (permalink)

Hey Wiredsport,

I am looking at the Disaster or Airobic for this upcoming season. I'm 5'6" (still growing) and 140 pounds. I am an intermediate rider who knows the basics of park (boardslides, 180 on/off boxes, 50-50 down rails, etc) but want to get really good at jibs/boxes/rails this year and also learn 360s (no big booters). I think I will be doing about 75% boxes/rails, 10% smaller jumps (under 30 or so feet), and 15% cruising the groomers/slush/some ice and jibbing side obstacles (East Coast). I want something REALLY pressable and buttery since I never really have learned to press and want to progress a lot at jibs (considerably softer than for example a Lib Tech Skate Banana), but I still want a lot of pop (nothing noodley like the Rome Artifact Rocker).

Should I go with the Airobic for the added pop? Would it still be very easy to learn and progress my presses and butters?
Or should I go with the Disaster? I know it is soft enough to press the hell out of but will it have enough pop to really get me up onto high boxes/rails and help me learn air tricks?

Also, what size?

Thanks,
-Joe
jds3939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:45 AM   #498 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds3939 View Post
Hey Wiredsport,

I am looking at the Disaster or Airobic for this upcoming season. I'm 5'6" (still growing) and 140 pounds. I am an intermediate rider who knows the basics of park (boardslides, 180 on/off boxes, 50-50 down rails, etc) but want to get really good at jibs/boxes/rails this year and also learn 360s (no big booters). I think I will be doing about 75% boxes/rails, 10% smaller jumps (under 30 or so feet), and 15% cruising the groomers/slush/some ice and jibbing side obstacles (East Coast). I want something REALLY pressable and buttery since I never really have learned to press and want to progress a lot at jibs (considerably softer than for example a Lib Tech Skate Banana), but I still want a lot of pop (nothing noodley like the Rome Artifact Rocker).

Should I go with the Airobic for the added pop? Would it still be very easy to learn and progress my presses and butters?
Or should I go with the Disaster? I know it is soft enough to press the hell out of but will it have enough pop to really get me up onto high boxes/rails and help me learn air tricks?

Also, what size?

Thanks,
-Joe
Of Bataleon I say the Airobic. But if you want super jib AND pop you're probably btter off with a Signal Rocker Light or a Salomon Drift Rocker.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:22 AM   #499 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds3939 View Post
Hey Wiredsport,

Also, what size?
Hi Joe,

Before we suggest, what is your foot size? Are you still growing?

Thanks.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:29 PM   #500 (permalink)

Hey,
I have size 9 ThirtyTwo boots and yes I am still growing. That boot size should should not change for a while because they are a bit too big (around a half size) and I have to wear insole things. So even as my feet grow the boots will just become more of a better fit instead of becoming too small.

Thanks,
-Joe
jds3939 is offline   Reply With Quote