Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 53 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2011, 02:24 PM   #521 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frechdaxx View Post
Hey,

I would also love to get a recommendation on which Bataleon to get I'm 6ft and between 165 and 170 pounds. So far I've ridden a Skate Banana 159W with Union Force L/XL for 2 years, which I liked a lot. Right now I feel that I want to do my first steps in the park, and be a little bit more playful when I'm cruising around. I looked into the Evil Twin and the Goliath, but leaning a bit more towards the Goliath. I really want to get a shorter board this time, but don't want to do a too big compromise when it comes to powder and cruising fast on the slopes. I had a Nitro Team TLS 45 1/3 when I bought the banana, but noticed that it was too big and switched down to a 44 Nitro Team TLS. This time I hope, that I can go with a non-wide board. My stance is 12/-12, or 18/-12, I actually don't remember right now

Thank you so much for your help!
nobody? My local shop has a special until the 31st of October to get 15% off every snowboard, so I would really appreciate an answer Thank you
frechdaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2011, 02:52 PM   #522 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
nobody? My local shop has a special until the 31st of October to get 15% off every snowboard, so I would really appreciate an answer Thank you
What is your foot size?

Thanks!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:53 PM   #523 (permalink)
Banned!

the goliath is going to do the out of park things better than the ET, and vice versa. at your weight you would be comfy on a 155 (+/- 1cm), i'm shorter than you but same weight, been comfy on 155's for almost 20 years. in a big mountain board you can go a little bigger, to progress in park, feel free to go shorter. just keep in mind that if you move into really soft jib boards (like the airobic and their other new nooodle deck), at your height you can fold right over the nose or tail in a press.

the ET is plenty stiff for all mountain charging (i have one), it just is not damp AT ALL, extremely responsive, read bucking bronco at mach 5. i love this board for early late season buttering, switch riding, big ollies. hauling ass it doesn't chatter so much as just straight up buck.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:00 PM   #524 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
What is your foot size?

Thanks!
I got EU44 Nitro Team TLS Boots. I don't have anything to measure the exact size of my foot right now. Went to study abroad to England from Germany, so I just took the necessary things with me, which didn't include measuring tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
the goliath is going to do the out of park things better than the ET, and vice versa. at your weight you would be comfy on a 155 (+/- 1cm), i'm shorter than you but same weight, been comfy on 155's for almost 20 years. in a big mountain board you can go a little bigger, to progress in park, feel free to go shorter. just keep in mind that if you move into really soft jib boards (like the airobic and their other new nooodle deck), at your height you can fold right over the nose or tail in a press.

the ET is plenty stiff for all mountain charging (i have one), it just is not damp AT ALL, extremely responsive, read bucking bronco at mach 5. i love this board for early late season buttering, switch riding, big ollies. hauling ass it doesn't chatter so much as just straight up buck.
Do you have the 2012 version? I heard that the flex changed a little recently? I heard that I have to get a waist from about 255mm with my EU44 shoes, so the 157 ET is the only suitable candidate for me..How did the Evil Twin perform on groomers and in powder for you?

Thank you both a lot for your fast answers
Old 10-29-2011, 03:15 PM   #525 (permalink)
Banned!

i have a 2011, it is a little different, but it is targeted toward the same kind of riding. again at high speed, this is not a damp board, so when u say groomers, i think speed. in the morning after a fresh groom, course its not bumpy. at the end of a weekend day, at high speeds, you will feel every smallest bump. it also has a classic camber, which is not ideal at all for powder, but the tbt helps a bit because the spoon on the tail sinks, while the middle of the board is all flat (= float). i still move my binding back for pow and try to stick to the steeps, cuz that nose wants to dive.

you may be over-analyzing your foot size/waist width situation. you have a 10.5 and 11 is where ppl start to talk about waist widths to buy wides (have read ppl often try even with 11's to switch their stance and try to make a normal width board work because they ride better than their wide counterparts). also a little overhang is no biggie. i switched from 12/-12 this year to 15/-15 and like it alot, you can do such to eliminate more overhang.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:28 PM   #526 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
I got EU44 Nitro Team TLS Boots. I don't have anything to measure the exact size of my foot right now. Went to study abroad to England from Germany, so I just took the necessary things with me, which didn't include measuring tape

Do you have the 2012 version? I heard that the flex changed a little recently? I heard that I have to get a waist from about 255mm with my EU44 shoes, so the 157 ET is the only suitable candidate for me..How did the Evil Twin perform on groomers and in powder for you?

Thank you both a lot for your fast answers
I would suggest the Goliath 156. You do not need wide. Your size 44 Euro is a 10-10.5 US and is a great match for the width of the 2012 156 which will allow all stance angles and width for your specs. If your emphasis is still on groomers and pow (or if that is a major part of your riding) then look no futher than the Goliath.

Thanks!
Old 10-29-2011, 04:44 PM   #527 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
i have a 2011, it is a little different, but it is targeted toward the same kind of riding. again at high speed, this is not a damp board, so when u say groomers, i think speed. in the morning after a fresh groom, course its not bumpy. at the end of a weekend day, at high speeds, you will feel every smallest bump. it also has a classic camber, which is not ideal at all for powder, but the tbt helps a bit because the spoon on the tail sinks, while the middle of the board is all flat (= float). i still move my binding back for pow and try to stick to the steeps, cuz that nose wants to dive.

you may be over-analyzing your foot size/waist width situation. you have a 10.5 and 11 is where ppl start to talk about waist widths to buy wides (have read ppl often try even with 11's to switch their stance and try to make a normal width board work because they ride better than their wide counterparts). also a little overhang is no biggie. i switched from 12/-12 this year to 15/-15 and like it alot, you can do such to eliminate more overhang.
Thank you for your tips Kind of makes me reconsider if the ET is really the best board for me. Yes, I want to start in the park, but at the same time I want to focus on groomers and stuff. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
I would suggest the Goliath 156. You do not need wide. Your size 44 Euro is a 10-10.5 US and is a great match for the width of the 2012 156 which will allow all stance angles and width for your specs. If your emphasis is still on groomers and pow (or if that is a major part of your riding) then look no futher than the Goliath.

Thanks!
Thank you for your reply. 251mm waist width is really alright for my boots? In german forums I read that a lot of people are having problems even with a waist of 255cm for 45eu boots. Couldnt find a lot for 44eu boots though. I'm not in any way questioning your choice, as you know best how a bataleon board is, but I just want to make sure that I dont buy anything wrong, because its really a lot of money.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:58 PM   #528 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Thank you for your reply. 251mm waist width is really alright for my boots? In german forums I read that a lot of people are having problems even with a waist of 255cm for 45eu boots. Couldnt find a lot for 44eu boots though. I'm not in any way questioning your choice, as you know best how a bataleon board is, but I just want to make sure that I dont buy anything wrong, because its really a lot of money.
Hi again,

Size 44 is 28 cm so at a straight stance (zero degrees) you would have a barefoot overhang of 3 cm at the waist. But...you do not mount at the waist. Depending on stance width this board will be between 26.0 and 26.3 cm. That leaves ~ 2 cm, but at normal stance angles this will reduce to between 0 and 1 cm which is a textbook perfect fit.

Thanks!
Old 10-29-2011, 05:57 PM   #529 (permalink)

Great Then I will get the Goliath..Thank you so much for your capable help and this awesome thread.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:46 AM   #530 (permalink)

Default Fun.kink

I've read this entire thread several times and find it strange that there is barely any talk of the Fun Kink. Can anyone enlighten me as to why the Airobic and Whatever can more glamour....

I had posted in this thread previously inquiring about the ET but since I am looking for something to add to my quiver that is different, this board has come up now. I am looking for a park oriented board that I can also take down ice steeps here on the east coast since my current stick is a Sierra Reverse Crew. Also I am 5'08/175 lbs w/ 10/10.5 boots. I would love to gowith the 154 to have a smaller park oriented board but don't want to push the envelope as far as the waist width and my weight is concernbed.

Thanks, and Yeah For It!
STRICK-9 is offline   Reply With Quote