Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 54 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2011, 04:05 PM   #531 (permalink)

Default Goliath?

Hi - thanks to everyone - Wiredsport in particular - for posting some excellent advice. You've convinced me to try Bataleon this year. But which one?!

I'm looking for the most playful possible board that can still hold an edge at speed, on icy pistes if necessary, and float in the pow. It doesn't have to be an out and out powder board as I've got an old Malolo for that, but I don't want that sinking feeling when I do take it into the deeper stuff. After that I'm looking for something I can butter, spin and generally play around on. Reading this thread I'm thinking the Goliath 156.

I'm 5'9", 150 lbs, size 9 (US) boots and mainly ride in the Alps.

Thanks in advance for any wisdom you can throw my way.
confusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2011, 04:26 PM   #532 (permalink)

Thanks Wiredsport for my Undisputed! Quick ass shipping to Virginia.
2813308004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:57 AM   #533 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRICK-9 View Post
I've read this entire thread several times and find it strange that there is barely any talk of the Fun Kink. Can anyone enlighten me as to why the Airobic and Whatever can more glamour....

I had posted in this thread previously inquiring about the ET but since I am looking for something to add to my quiver that is different, this board has come up now. I am looking for a park oriented board that I can also take down ice steeps here on the east coast since my current stick is a Sierra Reverse Crew. Also I am 5'08/175 lbs w/ 10/10.5 boots. I would love to gowith the 154 to have a smaller park oriented board but don't want to push the envelope as far as the waist width and my weight is concernbed.

Thanks, and Yeah For It!
Hi Strick-9,

The Fun Kink is a terrific board but it is very soft an would not be my first choice for what you are describing. Very soft and NE icy steeps are not a perfect match, even with TBT. The ET's are still crazy fun for freestyling and in the park but are a bit stiffer and resist icy chatter quite a bit better.

Thanks!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:03 AM   #534 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusion View Post
Hi - thanks to everyone - Wiredsport in particular - for posting some excellent advice. You've convinced me to try Bataleon this year. But which one?!

I'm looking for the most playful possible board that can still hold an edge at speed, on icy pistes if necessary, and float in the pow. It doesn't have to be an out and out powder board as I've got an old Malolo for that, but I don't want that sinking feeling when I do take it into the deeper stuff. After that I'm looking for something I can butter, spin and generally play around on. Reading this thread I'm thinking the Goliath 156.

I'm 5'9", 150 lbs, size 9 (US) boots and mainly ride in the Alps.

Thanks in advance for any wisdom you can throw my way.
Yes, The Goliath willl be the top contender. What you have described is a very broad range of uses from butters to icy pistes with some pow and spinning thrown in for good measure. Essentially, everyhing but pure street and race That is the definition of what the Goliath does best. It spans those styles.

The 156 will be an excellent choice. Are you growing? If yes or if you lean a bit to freeride over park then the 156. If no or if park, butters, spins is more important then the 153.

Thanks!
Old 11-01-2011, 02:50 PM   #535 (permalink)

Hey Wiredsport, after reading through almost this entire thread I come to the decision of buying a Goliath. However, due to my geographical location there isn't a Bataleon dealer even remotely close so getting sized at a local shop is out. What length would you recommend for a guy who is 5'9", 175lbs and wears 10.5 (US) boots? I up in Northern Canada so I will be seeing my fair share of powder and groomed runs, with a little bit of park riding here and there.

Last edited by beach_boy; 11-01-2011 at 03:45 PM.
beach_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:19 PM   #536 (permalink)

Hey WiredSport, I was looking at bataleon boards this year and was wondering what size you'd recommend for someone looking to start jibs/park and spins. I'm 5'10, 150lbs and wear size 10.5 (US) boots I ride in the pacific northwest so I wouldn't mind a board that can go on a few groomers if I get bored.

I had my eyes on the evil twin but was wondering if you could give a size recommendation. I found a cheap evil twin 156 but was wondering if that would be too big. Thanks!
halim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:25 PM   #537 (permalink)

Hey, I have A qustion for you. I like the size of the 153 WHATEVER, but not sure about the 24.9mm waist. Dont wanna drag my boots. I wiegh 134 and wear a 10 1/2 vans boot. thanks
TsEthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:52 AM   #538 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach_boy View Post
Hey Wiredsport, after reading through almost this entire thread I come to the decision of buying a Goliath. However, due to my geographical location there isn't a Bataleon dealer even remotely close so getting sized at a local shop is out. What length would you recommend for a guy who is 5'9", 175lbs and wears 10.5 (US) boots? I up in Northern Canada so I will be seeing my fair share of powder and groomed runs, with a little bit of park riding here and there.
Hi,

With the Pow you guys can see and your riding preferences, the 158 Goliath will be perfect. Have a great season!
Old 11-02-2011, 04:55 AM   #539 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by halim View Post
Hey WiredSport, I was looking at bataleon boards this year and was wondering what size you'd recommend for someone looking to start jibs/park and spins. I'm 5'10, 150lbs and wear size 10.5 (US) boots I ride in the pacific northwest so I wouldn't mind a board that can go on a few groomers if I get bored.

I had my eyes on the evil twin but was wondering if you could give a size recommendation. I found a cheap evil twin 156 but was wondering if that would be too big. Thanks!
The ET is a great choice and an older model will work well. I would have suggested a 154 in the current model year. What year is the deck you are considering?
Old 11-02-2011, 04:57 AM   #540 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsEthan View Post
Hey, I have A qustion for you. I like the size of the 153 WHATEVER, but not sure about the 24.9mm waist. Dont wanna drag my boots. I wiegh 134 and wear a 10 1/2 vans boot. thanks
Please measure your foot using this method:

Kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor exactly at the tip of your toe (the one that sticks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multiply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot x 2.54 = 28.57 centimeters).