Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 58 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 05:24 PM   #571 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

For Bataleon Apparel:

Snowboard Apparel

Smile beanies / face masks sold out but should be back soon
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2011, 05:35 PM   #572 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSkate View Post
To anybody asking for help from WiredSport, I would research carefully before putting down your money on a board. WiredSport recommended a size 152 PURE JIB board for me and I weigh 130 pounds lmao. So make sure you research before listening to this guy.
Hi Redskate,

Thanks for the comment. I am always happy to explain a suggestion if given the chance. Kindly povide a link to the thread where I made that suggestion and will let you know my process and reasoning. If you still disagree, I promise that I will respect your opinion. 130 lbs and Pure jib board is not enough info for a suggestion. I am sure that I would have requested more details as that is not enough information to determine any solid deck suggestion.

Thanks again!
Old 11-16-2011, 07:02 PM   #573 (permalink)

I am looking for the smile! T.
Bataleon Snowboards 1112 :: CASUALS
Is this sold out, when do you think you will get them!?
buttertime93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:40 AM   #574 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSkate View Post
Yea, tell me about it. I was lucky that I made a new thread and most of the people recommended a 149. Other wise would have dropped 400$ on a 152 and wasted my money.
No reason to give him shit. It should be well known that people have different stands on what size ratio should be and you are obliged to hear different peoples opinion.

I know it's partly for commercial purposes, but he has been extremely helpful in this post and answered most questions.

You should really just stop being a cunt and bugger off.
Biornus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:53 AM   #575 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
There are substantial diferences. The new tip/tail transitions and shape change the contact length of any given size by roughly 4 cm. That is a lot and needs to be considered when sizing.
Thanks for the comments guys.

I've demoed the 2012 Evil Twin 154, and absolutely loved it, so I'm definitely sold on the TBT, but not sure I can afford it this year. Would the Evil Twin 2011 154 ride similar, albeit a little slower with the extruded base & with the other changes? Is it still a good board?

I'm 5"9, 160lbs and size 10 UK boot, the 2012 154 seemed a good fit, any idea if I'd still be ok with the 2011 154?

Thanks in advance!
FiveMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:11 AM   #576 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveMan View Post
Thanks for the comments guys.

I've demoed the 2012 Evil Twin 154, and absolutely loved it, so I'm definitely sold on the TBT, but not sure I can afford it this year. Would the Evil Twin 2011 154 ride similar, albeit a little slower with the extruded base & with the other changes? Is it still a good board?

I'm 5"9, 160lbs and size 10 UK boot, the 2012 154 seemed a good fit, any idea if I'd still be ok with the 2011 154?

Thanks in advance!
Stoked that you are loving the ET. Keep in mind that the 2011 ET used the same tech that built the reputation of the ET (and the whole Bataleon line along with it). These were and are great boards that are amzingly fun to ride. Last years 154 had 4 cm more contact length and effective edge than this years so it should be considered a longer board. To get a similar you would want to size down on last years model. If you have a chance to demo the older deck that would be perfect.

Thanks!
Old 11-17-2011, 07:13 AM   #577 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttertime93 View Post
I am looking for the smile! T.
Bataleon Snowboards 1112 :: CASUALS
Is this sold out, when do you think you will get them!?
That is a great looking T. We only caried 3 Bataleon T's this season but I will have our clothing buyer add those t's to our spring order.

Thanks!
Old 11-17-2011, 08:48 AM   #578 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Stoked that you are loving the ET. Keep in mind that the 2011 ET used the same tech that built the reputation of the ET (and the whole Bataleon line along with it). These were and are great boards that are amzingly fun to ride. Last years 154 had 4 cm more contact length and effective edge than this years so it should be considered a longer board. To get a similar you would want to size down on last years model. If you have a chance to demo the older deck that would be perfect.

Thanks!
Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately no one stocking the 2011 ET for me to try at my local fridge

I currently ride a 157 Burton Air from 2006/07. Do you think last seasons ET at 154 will be too big for me then?

My riding style up till now has just been riding on groomers at a reasonable speed, but I've started to try and learn some basic tricks, ride switch etc, and I'm looking for a board that's going to help me progress, be forgiving & just fun to muck about on on piste and hit small jumps etc.
FiveMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:57 AM   #579 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveMan View Post
Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately no one stocking the 2011 ET for me to try at my local fridge

I currently ride a 157 Burton Air from 2006/07. Do you think last seasons ET at 154 will be too big for me then?

My riding style up till now has just been riding on groomers at a reasonable speed, but I've started to try and learn some basic tricks, ride switch etc, and I'm looking for a board that's going to help me progress, be forgiving & just fun to muck about on on piste and hit small jumps etc.
No, for what you are describing I think you will actually appreciate the extra contact and edge. The 2011 154 will be an awesome chocie.

Happy riding!
Old 11-18-2011, 07:23 AM   #580 (permalink)

Default evil twin 154 or 157...

Hi guys !! Iīm 5,11 and 165 pounds. I donīt know could be the best choice for my riding (not park) but i like play with my board. Itīs 154 small for me?? thanks and sorry for my english.
alvatros is offline   Reply With Quote