Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 59 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 09:34 AM   #581 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvatros View Post
Hi guys !! Im 5,11 and 165 pounds. I dont know could be the best choice for my riding (not park) but i like play with my board. Its 154 small for me?? thanks and sorry for my english.
Hi,

Where are you doing most of your riding? Please let us know your foot size as well.

Thanks!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2011, 10:59 PM   #582 (permalink)

Howdy I'm back again. I didn't get a chance to order my board yet, hit a rough spot at work. Long story short, I'm planning on ordering a board this week coming. I just wanted to ask again, Being 5'11", I float in between 170-185 pounds through out the winter, and I'm a size 12 in burton Moto's. You had recommened the Goliath 158w to me, but I'm curious if I could get away with a 157 non wide due to the "foot reduction" of the boots. I rose my friends 158 Ride, can't remember the model. But it wasn't a wide, and I didn't have any toe/heel drag, at least nothing really noticeable.

Thanks again, and I'll be giving you a call Tuesday or Wednesday hopefully.
Sean
Himynameissean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:50 AM   #583 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himynameissean View Post
Howdy I'm back again. I didn't get a chance to order my board yet, hit a rough spot at work. Long story short, I'm planning on ordering a board this week coming. I just wanted to ask again, Being 5'11", I float in between 170-185 pounds through out the winter, and I'm a size 12 in burton Moto's. You had recommened the Goliath 158w to me, but I'm curious if I could get away with a 157 non wide due to the "foot reduction" of the boots. I rose my friends 158 Ride, can't remember the model. But it wasn't a wide, and I didn't have any toe/heel drag, at least nothing really noticeable.

Thanks again, and I'll be giving you a call Tuesday or Wednesday hopefully.
Sean
Hi Sean,

The effect of width reach farther than just toe/heel drag. Width also impacts leverage and edge contol. This is not related to boot size but rather to plain ol' foot size. With a size 12 you will definately want the 157 Wide, not the "normal" width 158.

Thanks again!
Old 11-21-2011, 07:28 AM   #584 (permalink)

Default Goliath, ET or other?

Hi Wiredsport,

Signed up to this forum after finding a link to this thread on another boarding forum. Wondered if you could give me a bit of advice on which board to choose.

I've demo'd a Goliath 160W at my local indoor slope and fell in love with the way it rode. So decided I wanted a new board but after looking on this thread I may actually want an ET 159W as I want to have a bit more fun on the slope and TBH I prefer the graphics too

My current set up is a Burton Deuce 162W (I think), Triad bindings and Moto boots. Planning on reusing the bindings on my new board unless something else is more suitable?

My stats are: 6' 2", 200lbs (give or take a few lbs), duck with 15 -15 angles from what I can remember. My feet are 297mm.

Mainly after something that's going to be a bit more fun on the indoor slopes as they are so small but will work just as well on a mountain when I get the chance for 1 or 2 weeks a year. My GF is learning to board atm so something that's easy on the legs while I'm waiting for her to catch up would be good too.

Anyway, essay over, hope you can help,

Cheers,

Rich
BritRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:48 AM   #585 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hi Brit,

You are correctly sized for the 160W Goliath or 159W ET. It sounds like you are mostly freeriding, cruising, etc. Is that correct. Let us know a little more about the terrain you get to visit when you hit the mountains and what you like to do out there.

That is a rad decision to get to make: Goliath or ET? STOKED!
Old 11-21-2011, 08:08 AM   #586 (permalink)

Yeah like cruising the mountain when I get the chance, but primarily I will be using this board on indoor slopes practicing switch, butters, rails that kind of thing

Went to Banff this year back in Feb but next year will be somewhere cheaper, Andorra or maybe France. Like I said wont be charging about the mountain anyway as the GF is still learning to board.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:44 AM   #587 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritRich View Post
Yeah like cruising the mountain when I get the chance, but primarily I will be using this board on indoor slopes practicing switch, butters, rails that kind of thing

Went to Banff this year back in Feb but next year will be somewhere cheaper, Andorra or maybe France. Like I said wont be charging about the mountain anyway as the GF is still learning to board.
Yeah! Then the ET 159W will be perfect. Stoked for you!
Old 11-21-2011, 10:24 AM   #588 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Yeah! Then the ET 159W will be perfect. Stoked for you!
Cool thanks for that Would the Triad bindings I have work well with the ET or would something else be better?

Just got to find somewhere in the UK that has stock of the 159W now
Old 11-21-2011, 10:29 AM   #589 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritRich View Post
Cool thanks for that Would the Triad bindings I have work well with the ET or would something else be better?

Just got to find somewhere in the UK that has stock of the 159W now
Your triads will work well, but if you are in the market check out the Flux RK 30's with the ET. That combo is like PB and J.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:01 AM   #590 (permalink)

Default Which size evil twin?

Hey there,

could you help me with figuring out which size snowboard to get? I'm 5'11', 175-180lbs and size US11. Aggressive riding style. I'm after a park board that will feel playful, but it needs to excel on the big kicker line (50ft +) rather than the rails and mini shred. I can also only afford to get one snowboard this season, so whatever I go with needs to be able to handle the odd powder adventure and a bit of pipe. I'm looking at an Evil Twin Artist Edition, given that it's got a flex profile in between the regular Evil Twin and the Riot - what size should I go for? All that said, I'm open to suggestions beyond the Evil Twin.

Thanks a bunch, AJ.
aj567 is offline   Reply With Quote