Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 60 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2011, 09:10 AM   #591 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj567 View Post
Hey there,

could you help me with figuring out which size snowboard to get? I'm 5'11', 175-180lbs and size US11. Aggressive riding style. I'm after a park board that will feel playful, but it needs to excel on the big kicker line (50ft +) rather than the rails and mini shred. I can also only afford to get one snowboard this season, so whatever I go with needs to be able to handle the odd powder adventure and a bit of pipe. I'm looking at an Evil Twin Artist Edition, given that it's got a flex profile in between the regular Evil Twin and the Riot - what size should I go for? All that said, I'm open to suggestions beyond the Evil Twin.

Thanks a bunch, AJ.
Hi AJ,

Riot 157. At 180 lbs and size 11, the ET will be solid but the Riot will send your riding to the next level. The Basalt in the tip and tail is noticable, epecially on BIG launches and landings. It will add up to increased confidence and going bigger again. It is stil plenty playful for rails and jubs at your weight.

I want photos!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2011, 09:31 AM   #592 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Hi AJ,

Riot 157. At 180 lbs and size 11, the ET will be solid but the Riot will send your riding to the next level. The Basalt in the tip and tail is noticable, epecially on BIG launches and landings. It will add up to increased confidence and going bigger again. It is stil plenty playful for rails and jubs at your weight.

I want photos!
Hey thanks so much for the quick reply! I thought you were going to say ET AE 157, but now I'll defo consider stepping up to the Riot. I'll see what I can do about photos!

On another note, how noticeable is the difference in flex between the regular and artist edition evil twins?

Thanks again,

AJ
aj567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:35 AM   #593 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Hey thanks so much for the quick reply! I thought you were going to say ET AE 157, but now I'll defo consider stepping up to the Riot. I'll see what I can do about photos!

On another note, how noticeable is the difference in flex between the regular and artist edition evil twins?

Thanks again,

AJ
I have ridden the Regular ET from this year but not the AE. I think I wrote this somewhere in this thread but just from flexing the two in the shop, we cannot notice any flex difference. They use the same "core" core, triax over triax, and there are no other additions that i am aware of so my guess is that the flex is identical.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:42 AM   #594 (permalink)

OK thanks, good to know. I wonder why they rate the flex differently in the catalog and on their website? Flex rating is stated as 6-7-6 for ET; 5-6-5 for ETAE; 4-5-4 for Riot). Seems like a weird thing to do. Anyway, thanks for your help. AJ
aj567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:46 AM   #595 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
OK thanks, good to know. I wonder why they rate the flex differently in the catalog and on their website? Flex rating is stated as 6-7-6 for ET; 5-6-5 for ETAE; 4-5-4 for Riot). Seems like a weird thing to do. Anyway, thanks for your help. AJ
Yes, I wrote this to the earlier question as well but it is possibly a typo, possibly something I am missing. Flexing the Riot vs either of the ET's, you can easily notice the extra snap from the basalt. Between the two ET's We are not feeling any difference (not that a shop flex means much).
Old 11-23-2011, 11:32 AM   #596 (permalink)

I just bought Bataleon Evil Twin 157, i'm 6'2 and 190 lbs, park mostly size 11 shoes. Will let you all know how it is. Just waiting for the snow. Oh gosh why hasn't it started snowing yet ? Oh And i've got Union Contacts on them.
Matuuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:59 PM   #597 (permalink)
adk

I have the opportunity to buy a Bataleon test board of the Evil Twin. The seller is saying its brand new. The graphics look like this:

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=batal...w=1024&bih=672

Can anyone give me some feedback about these test boards? Are the specs the same of a regular evil twin? Anything I should be worried about when considering a test board?
adk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 02:39 PM   #598 (permalink)

Just ordered my 157w Goliath, Watch you guys will have some awesome sale on them now lol. I'm pumped for some snow, I'll post some pictures when It gets here.
Himynameissean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:28 PM   #599 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I had a 2008 riot 155cm that was a good size on me, but was too stiff for me to really load up for big ollies and I don't need that much stability for the smaller park jumps I usually go off...so I'm looking at the Evil Twin this season.

I'm 6'1"/180 lbs and can't decide between the 154cm or the 157cm ET. The lowered effective edge on the 2012 models has me thinking 157cm...but I want the board as skatey as possible (I have an Undisputed 163 for the deep stuff). What's your opinion and why?

Last edited by extra0; 11-25-2011 at 10:39 PM.
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:36 AM   #600 (permalink)

^^^^^ Drugs and alcohol...and lots of it my friend ^^^^^
Himynameissean is offline   Reply With Quote