Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 61 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2011, 10:00 AM   #601 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by extra0 View Post
I had a 2008 riot 155cm that was a good size on me, but was too stiff for me to really load up for big ollies and I don't need that much stability for the smaller park jumps I usually go off...so I'm looking at the Evil Twin this season.

I'm 6'1"/180 lbs and can't decide between the 154cm or the 157cm ET. The lowered effective edge on the 2012 models has me thinking 157cm...but I want the board as skatey as possible (I have an Undisputed 163 for the deep stuff). What's your opinion and why?
Hi,

If you were stoked with the feel of your 55 Riot in terms of contact then you will want the 157 ET 2012. It actually has 1 cm less contact than your 155, so it is in effect a shorter deck. That combined with the flex differenc should give you the change you were looking for.

STOKED!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2011, 10:19 AM   #602 (permalink)

anyone know the color scheme of the 157 Evil Twin?
STRICK-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:23 AM   #603 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRICK-9 View Post
anyone know the color scheme of the 157 Evil Twin?
Primarily white and green. The Tie Dye portion is green which has some blue.

Bataleon Evil Twin 2012 Snowboard
Old 11-28-2011, 03:58 PM   #604 (permalink)

Default not sure about goliath size

Hi there,

Been looking at this thread for a while now.

I'm mainly an all mountain rider, 60% slopes, 20% powder, 20% park. About 4 years of expierience.
I've tested the Goliath last week (loved it!), but I'm not sure about the size:

5'9", 165 lbs, size 10.5 : Would the Goliath 156 be the best choice?
Copywrong1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:11 PM   #605 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copywrong1982 View Post
Hi there,

Been looking at this thread for a while now.

I'm mainly an all mountain rider, 60% slopes, 20% powder, 20% park. About 4 years of expierience.
I've tested the Goliath last week (loved it!), but I'm not sure about the size:

5'9", 165 lbs, size 10.5 : Would the Goliath 156 be the best choice?
The Goliath 156 is a textbook choice for you. You are going to love that deck.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:19 AM   #606 (permalink)

I'm looking to buy a Bataleon board this year. I'm about 5'8" and I weight around 175. I have a 07 or 08 GNU CHB with MTX(156) right now with Rome 390s and Nike Zoom size 11. I like to mainly just ride, bomb down mountains, and once in awhile hit jumps and boxes. I'm looking into getting something shorter and softer. I mainly snowboard at Big Bear and Mountain High. I was looking at the Fun Kink(149 or 153), but I was wondering what you would recommend for me and your opinion on the Fun Kink
Aznglfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:26 AM   #607 (permalink)

tnx man, just ordered it. will recieve it within 2 days!

One more question: My Girlfriend was also looking for a TBT board.
She tested the violenza last week decided to go for it.

Her size:

5'2", 110 lbs, size 5 women! so a very small girl

One small problem: she tested a 149 board (no other available while testing), this is to big for her, but she could handle it. The smallest size available for the violanza is 146. Normally i would say this board is a little to big, but the bataleon salesman at the test site mentioned that this wouldn't really be a big problem, since you won't really notice the extra inches because of tbt. And after all, she liked the 149, which was even bigger. Furthermore: the big advantage of the violenza is the small waist. It is quite hard to find a board thats not too wide with size 5.

So she ordered the 146 violenza...I'm wondering if she made the right choice...
Copywrong1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:33 AM   #608 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aznglfer View Post
I'm looking to buy a Bataleon board this year. I'm about 5'8" and I weight around 175. I have a 07 or 08 GNU CHB with MTX(156) right now with Rome 390s and Nike Zoom size 11. I like to mainly just ride, bomb down mountains, and once in awhile hit jumps and boxes. I'm looking into getting something shorter and softer. I mainly snowboard at Big Bear and Mountain High. I was looking at the Fun Kink(149 or 153), but I was wondering what you would recommend for me and your opinion on the Fun Kink
Hi Aznglfer,

Please measure your foot using this method:

Kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor exactly at the tip of your toe (the one that sticks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multiply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot x 2.54 = 28.57 centimeters).
Old 11-29-2011, 10:40 AM   #609 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copywrong1982 View Post
tnx man, just ordered it. will recieve it within 2 days!

One more question: My Girlfriend was also looking for a TBT board.
She tested the violenza last week decided to go for it.

Her size:

5'2", 110 lbs, size 5 women! so a very small girl

One small problem: she tested a 149 board (no other available while testing), this is to big for her, but she could handle it. The smallest size available for the violanza is 146. Normally i would say this board is a little to big, but the bataleon salesman at the test site mentioned that this wouldn't really be a big problem, since you won't really notice the extra inches because of tbt. And after all, she liked the 149, which was even bigger. Furthermore: the big advantage of the violenza is the small waist. It is quite hard to find a board thats not too wide with size 5.

So she ordered the 146 violenza...I'm wondering if she made the right choice...
STOKED!

She made the perfect choice. Tip to tip length means nothing. We write this a lot, but this a a classic example of why. Consider that last years Violenza 145 had 111 cm of contact and this years 146 has 109 cm. This years 146 should be considered the "shorter" board.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:49 AM   #610 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Hi Aznglfer,

Please measure your foot using this method:

Kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor exactly at the tip of your toe (the one that sticks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multiply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot x 2.54 = 28.57 centimeters).
Wiredsport,

My foot is 26 cm.
Aznglfer is offline   Reply With Quote