Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 62 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2011, 11:55 AM   #611 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aznglfer View Post
Wiredsport,

My foot is 26 cm.
Got it. 26 cm Typically a US size 8.

I am liking you better on a Goliath (or possibly an ET) than the Fun Kink. Th eFK is very soft and for the hill bombing that you described I think you will be much happier with on of the others. Are you open to that?

Thansk!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2011, 12:06 PM   #612 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Got it. 26 cm Typically a US size 8.

I am liking you better on a Goliath (or possibly an ET) than the Fun Kink. Th eFK is very soft and for the hill bombing that you described I think you will be much happier with on of the others. Are you open to that?

Thansk!
Thanks man, I'll take a look at the Goliath and the ET. Hopefully I will be buying one this week.
Aznglfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:57 AM   #613 (permalink)

Default Japan Boarder

WiredSport,

Suggestion Please!

6ft, 182lbs, Size 9.5 Boot,
I don't care about park,
I just love tackling tough runs and picking my own lines wherever I can find powder. I'm looking for a board for some of the excellent powder days we get here in Japan. I own a 161 Goliath+Rome Targa that I have one season on and it has treated me well so far.

I was looking at purchasing the Bataleon Undisputed.

1. How much of an upgrade would this board be for my preferred riding style over the Goliath?
2. Will the Rome Targas be alright?
3. If I have no clue, please steer me in the right direction .
4. Will you stock the undisputed, and do you offer Military discounts?

Thanks, Sick thread you got going here!
littlcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #614 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've been riding an undisputed with targas, pretty exclusively, since 2008 - Epic combo. Eventually, I just pushed everything to the back most inserts and rode everything from 5 foot deep pow to all mtn groomers and everything in between without a glitch. It could be the ultimate all mtn board (the omni is very similar).

Just recently, I dropped the targas for cartels, mainly because I got the cartels practically free, but also because Targas are 10 oz heavier and not nearly as damp.

The 2012 undisputed has "back seat" inserts which may be a problem considering they actually just moved the last 2 back one notch...meaning the second to last stance has completely disappeared (that was the "sweet spot" on the 163 cm, as far as I'm concerned).

Another possible issue (for me) is they switched from a medium coarse base grind to a fine grind. I ride the "wetter" powder of Tahoe and the medium was working very well.
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:35 AM   #615 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlcor View Post
WiredSport,

Suggestion Please!

6ft, 182lbs, Size 9.5 Boot,
I don't care about park,
I just love tackling tough runs and picking my own lines wherever I can find powder. I'm looking for a board for some of the excellent powder days we get here in Japan. I own a 161 Goliath+Rome Targa that I have one season on and it has treated me well so far.

I was looking at purchasing the Bataleon Undisputed.

1. How much of an upgrade would this board be for my preferred riding style over the Goliath?
2. Will the Rome Targas be alright?
3. If I have no clue, please steer me in the right direction .
4. Will you stock the undisputed, and do you offer Military discounts?

Thanks, Sick thread you got going here!
I would actually suggest the Omni 164 for you. The Undisputed is a rad board but it is definitely a stiffer ride. If you were more focused on laying down the meanest carves then the Undisputed, but for Japan Powder you will love the Omni.

Targas will be a solid match.

No miltary discount but we do sell at Lowest Manufacturer allowed pricing every day, all season. We will also beat anyone's price if you do happen to find some rascally retailer who is not respecting MAP.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:14 PM   #616 (permalink)

Hey there,

I was just looking for some suggestions on a good board for myself. 5'6, 145 lbs, men's size 8 boot. I am currently riding a 148 Lobster Jib....love that board. Previously rode a 154 Lib Tech Banana....fun but didn't like the instability at higher speeds and the wash out on landings. I ride in Tahoe and would like to have something that can handle the pow when it is here, good for the park as well, love the softness of the Lobster and the pop I get on it in comparison to the banana. Rode my friends 2012 ET 152......didn't ride long enough to be sold on it.....any other suggestions?
Sjohns30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:09 PM   #617 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjohns30 View Post
Hey there,

I was just looking for some suggestions on a good board for myself. 5'6, 145 lbs, men's size 8 boot. I am currently riding a 148 Lobster Jib....love that board. Previously rode a 154 Lib Tech Banana....fun but didn't like the instability at higher speeds and the wash out on landings. I ride in Tahoe and would like to have something that can handle the pow when it is here, good for the park as well, love the softness of the Lobster and the pop I get on it in comparison to the banana. Rode my friends 2012 ET 152......didn't ride long enough to be sold on it.....any other suggestions?
The Goliath 153 will stoke you! This will be the perfect blend for your descrition and specs.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:40 PM   #618 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
The Goliath 153 will stoke you! This will be the perfect blend for your descrition and specs.
Thanks for the quick reply. If I were to lean towards the ET what size would you recommend?
Sjohns30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:43 PM   #619 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjohns30 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. If I were to lean towards the ET what size would you recommend?
I like you for the 152. Solid choice.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:49 AM   #620 (permalink)

OK All:

So I pulled the switch and just picked up a 2012 Evil Twin 157....now tring to decide on another board to round out the quiver.

I am hoping the 157 ET will give me the flexibility to ride some pow and play all around the mountain, while learning in the park as well. Looking to add another deck that can handle all mountain, courdory and maybe act a little stiffer with a completely different feel than the ET.

I have an opportunity to add a 2011 Capita Mid-Life but have also thought about the Ultrafear....These decks are rated about 5.5/6 out of 10 for stiffness but was wondering if anyone has compared them to the ET.

The reviews of the ET are really confusing since some say the board is med/stiff yet their flex is 3/4 or other scales (reverse numbering)..which would suggest it is a little softer than the reviews claim. I have also heard the new ET is a little softer than years past....

So stoked on the ET and can't wait for it to arrive....

Thanks for any suggestions in advance.
STRICK-9 is offline   Reply With Quote