Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 64 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 02:57 PM   #631 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroGravity View Post
hi everyone, hi wiredsports,

now that the ET has a sintered base, bataleon finally offer what i've been waiting for four years. at least i hope so, as i didn't have the chance to test this years boards. yet i'm not quite sure about what size i should get. i'm 5'11", about 150 lbs, size 9 boot. while i'd like to have a soft board for buttering/playing around all over the mountain i should still be able to ride medium and large kickers. for more aggressive riding, really huge kickers or pow i'll be using my yes limited edition 156.5. now i'm stuck between the 154 and the 152 evil twin... what would you suggest?

thanks a lot!
I would go with the 154 for what you are describing although you are certainly an overlap size for both the 152 and the 154.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2011, 01:55 PM   #632 (permalink)

Hi guys,

I'm after some recommendations for some bindings to go with my new purchase, last seasons Evil Twin.

I've mostly just cruised the pistes up till now, but I want to start learning flat land tricks, spins, kickers etc, but will still be doing a lot of cruising.

So far I've got a list of;

Burton Cartels (too stiff?)
Flux RK30 (too soft for a lot of cruising?)
Flux TT30
Union Force

You're opinions and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
FiveMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:21 PM   #633 (permalink)

i have the rk30s with ET, rode for the first time this weekend. I had different bindings with the ET last year and did not feel that the RK30s was too soft. I am also trying to learn ground tricks as well which is why i purchased the RK30s but I did not try any jumps with them yet.
buttertime93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:27 PM   #634 (permalink)

Has anyone else got any recommendations on bindings for the ET?

Thanks
FiveMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:42 PM   #635 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveMan View Post
Has anyone else got any recommendations on bindings for the ET?

Thanks
The RK's are an incerdible match for the ET as are the tt's, The big question would be how do you like the feel of the urethane highback.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:42 AM   #636 (permalink)

I'm using Rome Targas, swapping them between my Jam and my Airobic. They're ideal in theory for both as they are multi adjustable. I use them set to the softest with the Airobic for park and plan to use the stiffest with the Jam for piste charging. They won't get tested properly on piste for a couple of months but they hold up well on indoor snow.
pete7:19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:26 PM   #637 (permalink)

Hi
I've read many of your posts and appreciate the advice you always give. Admittedly I'm new to the Bataleon line, however really stoked on the tech and board profiles. I'm hoping you can lend some of your advice on which deck to check out.

I currently rock a RIDE DH2.5 (156)(similar twin hybrid profile as their 2012 DH2). It's a stiff board that is very stable and forgiving. In my quiver is also a NeverSummer SL (155). I have since mainly used the Ride at the end of last season and beginning of this season. I love both decks.

I ride all mountain mainly on groomers, trees, and steeps. I like to ride at speed and will hit natural jumps where I can. I don't really venture into the parks other than to hit some jumps here and there (not monster ones). I'm not into jibbing or rails (honestly because I stink at those...haha). My riding is mostly So*Cal so hard packed, some freshies etc. I do hit good POW every so often in Colorado or SLC each season (but not often).

I'm looking for a deck that is stable at speed (ie especially on groomers with chop and crud) HOWEVER forgiving. I'm worried about too soft of decks as they tend to chatter a lot. I also don't like the very surfy or squirly feeling as I couldn't get quite used to it. I had a Skate banana from libtech at 152 and couldn't get used to it at fast speeds.

Should I perhaps look at the Jam or Omni? What is the main difference on how those two ride?

I'm open ears for any suggestions.

I'm also 5'7" and 165-170lbs. I use a 9 or 9.5 boot (depending on mfg).
EC99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:44 PM   #638 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The Omni 158 will be perfect for what you are looking for. The directional outline will be better for you than the twin Jam and on those pow days it will be magic!
Old 12-27-2011, 06:57 PM   #639 (permalink)

Default Recommendation please

Hi,

43yrs old, 130lbs, intermediate rider, 7.5boot
-riding Mid Atlantic, USA(WV,VA) hardpack, ice, manmade snow.
-just like cruising, like to turn. Want fast turning, edge to edge.
-no park/pipe

Just wondering your suggestions. I'm currently on a k2 151 Believer with the flat base. I like the flat base stability on flats, but am finding turn to turn harder to initiate, and blowing out heelside turns. Not sure if it is too long for me too.

Thanks
ashwinearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:07 AM   #640 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinearl View Post
Hi,

43yrs old, 130lbs, intermediate rider, 7.5boot
-riding Mid Atlantic, USA(WV,VA) hardpack, ice, manmade snow.
-just like cruising, like to turn. Want fast turning, edge to edge.
-no park/pipe

Just wondering your suggestions. I'm currently on a k2 151 Believer with the flat base. I like the flat base stability on flats, but am finding turn to turn harder to initiate, and blowing out heelside turns. Not sure if it is too long for me too.

Thanks
Camber is still king in edge toe edge performance. It gives you that litlle bit of spring and pop that is missing in other designs. The Goliath 153 will be a great choice for your specs.