Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 66 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 03:26 AM   #651 (permalink)

Hello, a Dutch boarder here. I know we don't have mountains but within a few hours of driving there's plenty of fun to be found :-)

I have a question about the Bataleon the Jam, I'm looking to buy one this year. Currently I have a Golliath 157 from 2007. This was my first board and I reaaly like it. With this one I progressed a lot in the years. But it's getting old, so time for a new one. I can go for an other Golliath because I like my old one but I think the new one is more freestyle/park oriented?
I think the Jam is taking it to the next level for me, a bit stiffer, a bit faster but still alround.

I'm in doubt about the length of the board I should take. I can get a really good deal on a 162 Jam but perhaps this one is way to big for me?

Me:
- 1,80 m long (5'11" ?)
- 85 kg (187 lbs)
- Bootsize 44 (10,5 us)

So what will be a good length for me, will the 162 work. And how about my bootsize. I don't think I will get drag but perhaps the board is to wide?

Thanks!
Jaxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2012, 09:14 AM   #652 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsiderider View Post
I only had a Funkink and a riot and i sold the riot so now the Funkink 154 is the only board i got. Just lookin at the 148 disaster for an all out jib board.
There will be no real advantage to your riding this deck in 148. 151 will be a solid choice.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:10 AM   #653 (permalink)

Hello Guys,
I am currently looking for a bataleon board. But I'm not sure what board/size will be good for me. I could get a really good price for the Goliath 160w, the Whatever 158w or the ET 156w. I would mostly ride in Austria (EU) allmountain, groomers and park, almost no powder. I just can't decide which one to get.

Height: 6'2 foot
Weight: 165lbs
Boot: 12 US

Last edited by firlefranz; 02-03-2012 at 09:22 AM.
firlefranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:01 PM   #654 (permalink)

Back again. Ended up not getting a Goliath last season as I still hadn't found boots.

Just sorted my boots, tried on loads of different pairs and ended up with some US12 Nike Vapens. Still set on getting a Goliath though, but assuming I'm going to need a wide?
So US12 Vapens + Cartels, 155lbs, 6' 2". Goliath 157W?
sweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #655 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firlefranz View Post
Hello Guys,
I am currently looking for a bataleon board. But I'm not sure what board/size will be good for me. I could get a really good price for the Goliath 160w/157w, the Whatever 158w or the ET 156w. I would mostly ride in Austria (EU) allmountain, groomers and park, almost no powder. I just can't decide which one I should get.

Height: 6'2ft
Weight: 165lbs
Boot: 12 US
Nobody?
I'd really appreciate an answer. My local shop has a special offer until the 15th of February to get 30% off every of the mentioned boards. Therefore, I am a litte bit in hurry.
Thanks in advance.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #656 (permalink)
Veteran Member

those are all perfectly good boards for your weight and foot size. Basically, I'd probably go with the larger board if I was going to ride more all mtn than park and I'd go smaller board if I was only going to spin around in the park and on groomers. You can fine tune from that depending on each board's actual specs/strengths
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #657 (permalink)

Okay thanks,

I guess it will be the Goliath since I ride about 70/30 groomers and park. Still not sure what size I should get. Prefer the look of the157w abit more, but still...
Old 02-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #658 (permalink)

Yo firlefranz. Only just noticed we are almost identical stats and looking for the same board. From what I've seen the Whatever is super flexy, I think the base is also a step down from the Goliath so it's supposedly not as fast. I ride mostly groomers too, with a tiny bit of park. I demoed a Goliath 156 a few weeks ago and I really, really liked it so I'm set on either the 157w or maybe the 160w, seemed pretty playful but not too flexy if that's worth anything. Haven't tried the ET. All I can say is that TBT was really good. Wiredsport will probably be able to offer a better insight into which length will be good, guessing he's off for the weekend though.
sweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #659 (permalink)

Thanks sweeper, I just browsed the whole thread for about 3hours, looking for people with similar stats. I kinda aim for the 157w Goliath considering my foot size is about 28,5cm. The ET 156w would be a great bargain, but I'm not sure if it's too park orientated and short for my style. Hopefully, Wired will be able to provide some insight.

Last edited by firlefranz; 02-05-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:02 PM   #660 (permalink)

I have been looking at the fun kink. I want a relatively soft park board (riding mostly midwest golf courses) mostly for jumping small to med kickers and maybe a box from time to time.

I have been riding a pretty fast sintered base, will I regret getting extruded? I really like the graphics/color of the fun kink (not that it is the main reason to buy a board).
chrisl2000 is offline   Reply With Quote