Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 67 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2012, 04:23 PM   #661 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I have ridden the Whatever. It is VERY soft. However, the base on it is damn fast. It just wants to go, all the time. The Whatever claims all-mountain, but I would put it more towards a park deck, unless you're really light and small, then it's probably all-mountain. It is not a total noodle good only for jibbing though. I have never ridden the other Bataleon boards, but I owuld not want to have one as my main ride. The TBT is best for park or powder, not so much for groomers IMO. You can read my thoughts on the Whatever here -- http://www.snowboardingforum.com/equ...pressions.html
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #662 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxxon View Post
Hello, a Dutch boarder here. I know we don't have mountains but within a few hours of driving there's plenty of fun to be found :-)

I have a question about the Bataleon the Jam, I'm looking to buy one this year. Currently I have a Golliath 157 from 2007. This was my first board and I reaaly like it. With this one I progressed a lot in the years. But it's getting old, so time for a new one. I can go for an other Golliath because I like my old one but I think the new one is more freestyle/park oriented?
I think the Jam is taking it to the next level for me, a bit stiffer, a bit faster but still alround.

I'm in doubt about the length of the board I should take. I can get a really good deal on a 162 Jam but perhaps this one is way to big for me?

Me:
- 1,80 m long (5'11" ?)
- 85 kg (187 lbs)
- Bootsize 44 (10,5 us)

So what will be a good length for me, will the 162 work. And how about my bootsize. I don't think I will get drag but perhaps the board is to wide?

Thanks!
Anybody? Like firlefranz I can get a good deal and am in a bit of a hurry :-) Any help will be welcome. Thank you!
Jaxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:46 AM   #663 (permalink)

I'm 1,90 m/80kg and have 164 Goliath from last season, I'm happy with the length when bombing down the hills. However, for park purposes it feels a bit clumsy. The jam being a bit stiffer, my guesstimate is that 162 will work if you're really and absolutely into bombing with a stiff board.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:54 AM   #664 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply! I don't spend a lot of time in the park. Otherwise I would choose a different board. But I do like to play on and around the slopes/piste. The Jam maybe a bit stiffer than the Golliath but I think it's still a playfull board not only for going downhill very fast. Or am I wrong about this one?
Jaxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:20 AM   #665 (permalink)

I have the 09 Jam in 157 (5'9" and 76Kg) Directional, stiff and fast It's a piste charger, that's what it does best, so to say it can't handle groomers is way off the mark. There are far better Bataleon boards out there for park and all mountain though. Check out Bataleons own website for their full specs.
For jib/park I'm using the 12 Airobic in 151, it's perfect for me.
For an all mountain though and if you want that super fast sintered base I'd recommend the ET, or the Riot if you're after something stiffer. The ET has the same sintered base as the Goliath and the Riots base is similar to the Jam. If I were going for a one board quiver I'd be looking at ET and Riot.
pete7:19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:11 AM   #666 (permalink)

How soft is the flex on the Evil Twin/Lobster Park? I am trying to narrow my selection down between that and the Airobic. I am looking for a park board on the softer side that can be buttered but dont want something totally limp.

I see the Evil Twin is rated a 6-7-6, but I get the impression that it is on the stiffer side for a park board. On the other hand I have seen people call the Whatever (which has a flex rating of 7) a borderline noodle. Does anyone have any insight?

I am leaning towards the softer flex of the Airobic, but like the sintered base of the evil twin. Also I hear the lobster park is slightly softer than the evil twin, but they are both given the same rating. How much difference (if any) is there?

If I do end up going with the Airobic would a 157 be a good size for me (6'2" 195 lbs, size 11 boot)?
chrisl2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:03 AM   #667 (permalink)
It ain`t easy being steezy

The evil twin is not soft, it's a medium/stiff jump board that you can do anything on, but if you're looking for a soft board for buttering it's not it. I have the fun kink, rated as an 8 flex, softer than the whatever, but it's not a noodle at all. The FK is flexy with lots of pop, also presses fairly easily, but I wouldn't call it soft. The airobic sounds like a good fit for you, 157 should be a good size. I havn't tried the airboic yet, I'd like to see how the JIB TBT feels. I can tell a difference between the twin TBT on the ET and the Freestyle TBT on the FK. The FK is REALLY fast edge to edge and has more of a skate feel to it, the ET has a bit wider center base and feels more stable landing jumps, both have the same edge hold and good stability at speed. The jib tbt on the airbic has an even wider center flat on it than the ET, and it starts closer to the bindings, not sure if I'd like how that feels or not.

I have last years 154 ET and a '10 153 fun kink(I'm 5'11" 170lbs), has the flex or anything else on these boards changed since then? other than the base on the ET
honeycomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:13 AM   #668 (permalink)

Thanks a lot, thats exactly what I was looking for!

So you feel good on the fun kink at speed? I was also looking at it but figured it would be way too soft. Other than the TBT difference it looks pretty similar to the Airobic.
chrisl2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:56 AM   #669 (permalink)
It ain`t easy being steezy

The fun kink feels great doing everything, the only bad thing I can say about it is edge hold on solid ice isn't quite as good as boards with MTX or similar edge tech.

Hopefully someone knows if they changed the flex on this board since '10, the new one could be softer than the one I have.
honeycomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:23 AM   #670 (permalink)

I saw some Bataleon 11/12 boards for good prices, so I'd appreciate if you could help me with the sizing. I'm 6'3 tall, weight 180 lbs . I currently have 164w goliath, but I'm looking for a more park oriented board, but still want to be able to just go fast if I want. Mostly jumps and flatland tricks, not too keen on tacoing on rails. The options would be Evil Twin, Airobic or Fun.Kink. My boot length is 32 cm, bare foot 28,5 cm. I've ridden 158 board previously, so going shorter shouldn't be a big problem. I'm just wondering if Airobic of Fun.kink will be just too noodly for me? But in the other hand, I wonder how different the ET will be, if compared to my 10/11 Goliath? So, suggestions for a model and a suitable size?

Last edited by LJLLJL; 02-20-2012 at 11:50 AM.
LJLLJL is offline   Reply With Quote