Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 68 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 11:51 AM   #671 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'm about your same size and weight (6'1" and 175 lbs) and my park board is a 154 evil twin. My powder board is a 163 undisputed, so I can see how you're pushing it on a 164 wide for anything other than deep powder.

as you know, the evil twin has a sintered base, so that may be something to consider (pro or con)...It's also relatively stiff for a park board. The Airobic is rumored to be very soft and the funk.kink in between the two, leaning on the softer side (funk.kink might be a good compromise)
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #672 (permalink)

Thanks for a fast reply! Yep, I probably should have picked a bit shorter Goliath. But it's still a fun board. It just sometimes feels a bit clumsy. Would you still describe the ET as a playful board, despite for its stiffness? I was thinking about 157 length in both, ET or fun.kink.

What size boots/feet you have? Just want to consider the heel/toe drag...
Old 02-20-2012, 05:40 PM   #673 (permalink)
Veteran Member

well, I had the 155 riot before and I liked the size, but it was just too stiff for me. I got the 154 ET because it's softer in the tips. If I would have got the fun.kink, it may have been in the 157 because it's significantly softer throughout the entire board than the ET.

I wear 11 (US) tennis shoes, but wear size 10 salomon boots (their sizes are a bit different than other brands). No heel/toe drag whatsoever on Bataleon boards.
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:33 PM   #674 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I know im kind of late but im going to order a board from wiredsport in the next few days but i cant decide if i want the jam 162 or the goliath 161. Im 6'2 200 pounds and i ride the whole mtn. pow to groomers to tress and everything in between. i have a park boars so im good there. the jam is stiffer which i like but i dont know if putting extra 70 bucks down is worth it? size 9.5 boots... and how is shipping to canada?
blunted_nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:56 PM   #675 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted_nose View Post
I know im kind of late but im going to order a board from wiredsport in the next few days but i cant decide if i want the jam 162 or the goliath 161. Im 6'2 200 pounds and i ride the whole mtn. pow to groomers to tress and everything in between. i have a park boars so im good there. the jam is stiffer which i like but i dont know if putting extra 70 bucks down is worth it? size 9.5 boots... and how is shipping to canada?

The Goliath 161 would be my top choice for you. Such a fun board for what you are looking for and a great fit for your specs. STOKED!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:23 PM   #676 (permalink)
Veteran Member

mind you i have been snowboarding for about 8 years now and i have been trough that park rat stage where all i would do is ride park, but i came to appriciate the mountains the older i grew. I do not want something that will hold me back as i will stary away from park ever more and get into backcountry hiking but i had a soft board and i tought it was fun im just looking for something stiffer so i can charge those runs but in no way am i going to be trowing of 40ft jumps and hugh cliffs...
Old 08-08-2012, 09:08 AM   #677 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
mind you i have been snowboarding for about 8 years now and i have been trough that park rat stage where all i would do is ride park, but i came to appriciate the mountains the older i grew. I do not want something that will hold me back as i will stary away from park ever more and get into backcountry hiking but i had a soft board and i tought it was fun im just looking for something stiffer so i can charge those runs but in no way am i going to be trowing of 40ft jumps and hugh cliffs...
That is what i gathered from your earlier post. The Goliath is amazing for the mix you are describing. Excess stiffness does not equal more fun in the backcountry. You (anyone) can charge hard on the Goliath and it will be there for you. It is one of those boards.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #678 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Smile

Exactly what i wanted to hear. Thank you so much. Ill be ordering it today or tomorrow, wanna save me one?
ps-You are extremly helpful in this tread and the fact that you went out and answered so many question made me want to order from you. Awesome customer services...
Old 08-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #679 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Exactly what i wanted to hear. Thank you so much. Ill be ordering it today or tomorrow, wanna save me one?
ps-You are extremly helpful in this tread and the fact that you went out and answered so many question made me want to order from you. Awesome customer services...
One Bataleon Goliath 2012 Snowboard 161 cm is now on hold for Mr Blunted Nose from Snowboarding Forum .
Old 08-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #680 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
One Bataleon Goliath 2012 Snowboard 161 cm is now on hold for Mr Blunted Nose from Snowboarding Forum .
<3, .