Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 69 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #681 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Alaska
Posts: 25
Default

I am having a problem setting up my wife’s new 2012 Feelbetter with 2012 Gnu Women’s Park bindings. All the screws that came with the bindings (14mm) are too long and bound up on the bottom of the insert before the washer engages the disk. Thankfully they did not push in to the base or damage the insert only the screw threads. I have also tested a Burton disk with a 16mm and the Gnu disk with a 13mm they both engage the washer to the disk, but I can see it starting to damage the bottom threads. Do all Bataleon’s have shallow inserts requiring a hunt for shorter hardware?
Trox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #682 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,252
Default

Hi Trox,

This is a combination of screw length, washer thickness and recess, and insert depth. I remember that Gnu or Roxy (maybe both) sent around new hardware kits after having shipped their 2012 bindings last year. Do you know if the hardware on yours had been swapped out? Likely worth an email to the seller or to Gnu. Post up a pic of the hardware you were sent with a reference (measuring tape, ruler, etc) and we will be happy to compare to the correct kit and if we can assist we will get you straightened away.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:28 AM   #683 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 138
Default

Wiredsport; I just ordered a 2012 153 Whatever from you. Crazy cheap! Thanks for your feedback and help you've provided
oldlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:10 AM   #684 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldlady View Post
Wiredsport; I just ordered a 2012 153 Whatever from you. Crazy cheap! Thanks for your feedback and help you've provided
STOKED! You are in for a great winter.

Thanks for your support.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #685 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Alaska
Posts: 25
Default

I do not know if the hardware was changed. I did compare this hardware to my 2012 Park bindings I used on my 2010 Skate Banana and 2012 Park Pickle (purchased from Wiredsport) and they are the same length. I received an email today from Mervin and they said M6x14mm and that is what the picture shows.

Trox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:18 PM   #686 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trox View Post
I do not know if the hardware was changed. I did compare this hardware to my 2012 Park bindings I used on my 2010 Skate Banana and 2012 Park Pickle (purchased from Wiredsport) and they are the same length. I received an email today from Mervin and they said M6x14mm and that is what the picture shows.

Yessir, that is the correct hardware. A few thoughts (it may be none of these). The baseplate/disc combo on the park bindings was a little "picky" last year. The disc was very thin and it was possible for it to be placed in a way where it tilted slightly. If tightened in that position then the "low" screw(s) could potentially bottom out.

Also, Loc-Tite can bunch or flake in. That can cause a false bottom or block the screw.

We did not find an insert issue with Bataleon 2012, but it is always a good measure to check inserts for resin that could have deposited during manufacturing.

Let me know if any of this helps.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:57 PM   #687 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Alaska
Posts: 25
Default

Thanks for your suggestions I'll try those
Trox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:39 PM   #688 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 15
Default

Hey Wired what size board would you suggest for me? I'm looking for a fun jib board and have com0e to favor the airobic. I am 5'8" 140 lbs and size 10 boot. Thinking about the 154 or possibly 151? Would there be a big difference?
joelseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:32 AM   #689 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelseph View Post
Hey Wired what size board would you suggest for me? I'm looking for a fun jib board and have com0e to favor the airobic. I am 5'8" 140 lbs and size 10 boot. Thinking about the 154 or possibly 151? Would there be a big difference?
For a jib deck the 151 will be awesome. With the 154 there is a 2 cm difference in contact length, a fraction of width, but at your weight the 151 will be great. If you want to sneak a little more well rounded performance out of it then you could notch up to the 154 (but in that case we would likely suggest another model).
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #690 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
For a jib deck the 151 will be awesome. With the 154 there is a 2 cm difference in contact length, a fraction of width, but at your weight the 151 will be great. If you want to sneak a little more well rounded performance out of it then you could notch up to the 154 (but in that case we would likely suggest another model).
Sounds good man. Definitely appreciate the advice. Tell your boss you need a raise
joelseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums