Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 71 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2012, 12:21 PM   #701 (permalink)

In the last 3 years or so I've been on Burton Custom (tradition camber) didn't care for it to much but it was on the stiff end, Lib Tech Banana Magic (current all mountain board) its also on the stiff end i really like this board but its not that forgiving, I also have a Jones Hovercraft for pow (med-stiff) but I love that board in Pow amazing
Lester86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2012, 01:19 PM   #702 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester86 View Post
In the last 3 years or so I've been on Burton Custom (tradition camber) didn't care for it to much but it was on the stiff end, Lib Tech Banana Magic (current all mountain board) its also on the stiff end i really like this board but its not that forgiving, I also have a Jones Hovercraft for pow (med-stiff) but I love that board in Pow amazing
In relation to the Banana Magic (in the same size) the ET is a little softer and the Airobic/GW are a lot softer.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:38 PM   #703 (permalink)

I'm actually looking for something softer do you think the GW will be too soft for big jumps ?? Only reason I'm asking is that if it will work well all around then ill get that one, ET is good but it's got twin TBT narrow for jibbing and there are only 2 with the Park TBT and GW takes the cake between them. Also you think I can get away with getting a 151? I'm trying to keep it shorter for park use
Old 09-30-2012, 08:05 AM   #704 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hi again,

No board is perfect at everything. It is always a series of compromises. The difference in TBT width between Park and Twin is subtle. The difference in flex between the ET and GW in pretty significant. The GW will be much more playful for presses, butters etc and will be great for jibbing but will not match the ET or your Lib for big hits.

Going to a 151 on the GW would work for sure but you will again lose some positivity in landing those bigger hits.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #705 (permalink)

Yeah I rather work a little harder on the presses and butters then short myself o the landings, I'll go with the ET

What do you suggest 152 or 154? for park only

Last edited by Lester86; 10-01-2012 at 06:09 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:30 AM   #706 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester86 View Post
Yeah I rather work a little harder on the presses and butters then short myself o the landings, I'll go with the ET

What do you suggest 152 or 154? for park only
152. The 152 is a bit softer than the 154 as well so it will give you a bit of a middle ground. STOKED!
Old 10-02-2012, 03:43 PM   #707 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
152. The 152 is a bit softer than the 154 as well so it will give you a bit of a middle ground. STOKED!
Thank you for all the help, definitely picking up the ET 152
Old 10-03-2012, 06:30 PM   #708 (permalink)

Thumbs up

order placed! thanks wiredsport.com (may or may not have gotten the wide, or not, maybe)

Last edited by RickB; 10-03-2012 at 07:01 PM.
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:03 PM   #709 (permalink)

Default Goliath vs Whatever

I currently have an older Goliath that needs to be replaced. I'm debating between getting another Goliath as my all mountain go to stick, but am curious about the Whatever. Am I right to assume that the Whatever it is basically a lower end version of the Goliath?
DAYS 13/14:13
2012 Bataleon Goliath/Ride Revolt
2011 Ride Highlife/K2 Auto Uprise
2013 Burton Boxer
BlackSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #710 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSnow View Post
I currently have an older Goliath that needs to be replaced. I'm debating between getting another Goliath as my all mountain go to stick, but am curious about the Whatever. Am I right to assume that the Whatever it is basically a lower end version of the Goliath?
Not exactly. The Goliath is also stiffer (triax versus biax) gets a sintered base, different insert positions/options and different size options.