Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 72 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #711 (permalink)

Default Whatever 153 or 156

Great thread which has persuaded me to buy my first board, the Whatever. As it is my first board, I'm a little unsure whether to go for the 153 or 156. I'm 5'8, 150lbs and boot size US9.5. I'm a beginner/intermediate with only 1 week's boarding behind me but I anticipate I'll be mostly cruising, dipping in and out of the powder occasionally but not much time in the park. Which size would you guys suggest (wired, I'm looking a you )?

Also, I was thinking of combining the board with Burton Mission Restricted 2012 bindings. Good set up or not?

Grateful for any replies
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2012, 09:08 PM   #712 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

For what you have described, the 156 will be ideal. Awesome board!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:07 AM   #713 (permalink)

I'm currently selling my Bataleon Evil Twin 157 2012. Rode it two days and exchanged it for a NeverSummer which I could get for a great price here in the UK. Usually Im living in Germany, where prices for NeverSummer Boards are way too high, so I just had to buy it. The Evil Twin looks like a new Board, which makes sense as I only used it in the Alps in Montafon for two days. If someone is interested post me a message. Put it online here: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...tml#post532514

Last edited by frechdaxx; 10-30-2012 at 05:23 AM.
frechdaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:35 PM   #714 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Not exactly. The Goliath is also stiffer (triax versus biax) gets a sintered base, different insert positions/options and different size options.
Thanks for the info, I ended up ordering the 2012 Goliath. It wil be replacing my 2010. I cant wait to get out there and play around on it!
DAYS 13/14:13
2012 Bataleon Goliath/Ride Revolt
2011 Ride Highlife/K2 Auto Uprise
2013 Burton Boxer
BlackSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:09 PM   #715 (permalink)

Default 2013-2013 Evil Twin

Guys I picked up a 152 Evil Twin a few weeks back going to finally test it out this weekend one question you guys recommend I throw some wax on it or ride with the factory stuff?? I'm assuming it comes waxed from the factory no?
Lester86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:00 AM   #716 (permalink)

Default Bataleon Evil Twin Thread issues

So as I mentioned before I was planning on taking out my new Evil Twin tomorrow but my plans were quickly changed when I tried putting my bindings on for the first time on the board ... first off I'm not a newbie to installing bindings that said I was screwing on the bindings got all 4 screws on (loose) to start them off then started tightening them down lightly and 3 went on fine the last one I was trying to tighten and it was tight after about a 1/2 of turn. I stopped didn't put any pressure on the screw and tried to reverse it no luck couldn't move forward or backward it was seized on it felt.. Did anyone have this happen to them it obvious was happen it got cross thread but how is that possible if it started off fine then out of no where it's stuck. Any suggestions on how to avoid this because I'm honestly nervous to put bindings on the new one
Lester86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:15 AM   #717 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hi,

So that understand, are you saying that you are now unable to back the screw out and that it is on in 1/2 turn? If that is the case you are still at the very top of the insert and there should be little problem. Let us know.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #718 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saloman View Post

I'm a pretty hard charger on the groomers and in the glades, and seek the powder whenever and wherever it's available. My stick of choice has been an NS Raptor which has done the job admirably.

I've stayed away from most freestyle riding based on a busted knee and but I'm looking to dabble with some freestyle riding this year for the days without the fresh snow. So basically a board that can bite on the groomers but still playful. What I'm having trouble with is finding something that isn't too flexible but flexible enough to justify a second board. Would I go "freestyle" or "all mountain freestyle."

My stats are 215 lbs with a 9.5 boot.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.
i'd say Goliath
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:45 AM   #719 (permalink)
MSH

How much stiffer is whatever compared to the fun kink?

I'm looking for something to butter on and play around on the mountain, no park or jibs.
MSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #720 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSH View Post
How much stiffer is whatever compared to the fun kink?

I'm looking for something to butter on and play around on the mountain, no park or jibs.
according to the bataleon website , the whatever is "1" unit of measure stiffer than the fun kink.

overall, bataleons are a little stiffer than most other brands, so, if you're just playing around, I'd suggest the fun kink.
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote