Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Page 75 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 09:25 PM   #741 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Hi,

Have you ridden the Billy Goat? Are you keeping it?
Yeah, rode it and didnt like that much for having fun. Hella of a carving board tho. im keeping it, so i have a board for all mtn and now i want something way softer. But i still need to be albe to ride anything, whatever?
blunted_nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 05:43 AM   #742 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted_nose View Post
Well when you recommended the goliath i was looking for all mtn stick with more towards big mtn riding. now im looking something opposite of my billy goat(stiff as fuck).... instead of Goliath i bough a billy goat.
Hmmmm. Reading trhough the lines it sounds like you will have the most fun on the Goliath and could easily use that for everything and love it. If you are set on keeping the BG (which it sounds like you are working with, but don't really love) then add the Whatever.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:36 PM   #743 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Hmmmm. Reading trhough the lines it sounds like you will have the most fun on the Goliath and could easily use that for everything and love it. If you are set on keeping the BG (which it sounds like you are working with, but don't really love) then add the Whatever.
Would i be screwed if i went with et or airobic? Im looking for something with a really blunt tip, or better yet, capita shapeshifter.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #744 (permalink)

all the bataleons have blunted tips this year i think.
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:11 AM   #745 (permalink)

Hey WiredSport, I'm going to be picking up a 159 Whatever from you guys with some TT30's. (stats are 5'7 205 lbs size 10 boot Intermediate rider, groomers and park only for now), really stoked that loast year's model is still in stock for a good price haha. I need a setup recommendation for my girl who is 5'0 125lbs size 5-5.5 boot beginner rider. I was thinking the Feel Better but have no idea what size and I have not used the Flow design bindings so I was wondering if they're good to learn on. 'Preciate it!
BigO5659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:10 AM   #746 (permalink)

Edit to last post- Just saw that Flow has added a hybrid strap system with a toe cap...and the indecisiveness begins...thinking about the five se now instead of the TT30's
BigO5659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:46 AM   #747 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO5659 View Post
Edit to last post- Just saw that Flow has added a hybrid strap system with a toe cap...and the indecisiveness begins...thinking about the five se now instead of the TT30's
Go for flux. Im getting exactly the same setup for goofying around, tt30's and whatever. Im just not sure what size, i mean i was going for the 161 goliath so should i get the 159 whatever? Or airobic in 157? or et in 157?
Old 11-26-2012, 02:05 PM   #748 (permalink)
Veteran Member

One last question, wiredsport, what snowboard if i want the widest tbt possible and sintered base? Boards im choosing from are: ET, whatever, Airobic, Gulli edition or Global warmer. I want sintered base and soft. I might go with whatever but the blunted shape isnt as pronounced as other boards.
EDIT- and im not getting the goliath because if i like tbt, then ill sell my goat and buy something with tbt that is similar to my billy goat.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:45 PM   #749 (permalink)

Great thread ... (read 12 pages that almost helped me)

Decide to go with Bataleon this year, and try to find out which board is best for my riding!
No big jumps, no Tube, no rails for me! Trying butters, presses and spins on the ground, trying ollies ,little jumps over things I see on ground (learning pretzel, trying very small jumps with grabs,180 and all this staff, learning on this staff).

Looking for Whatever but I am not sure if it is too stiff, cause I really want to press it down but while I am riding! Also looking at GW but I worried if it is similar to urban boards flex .

Whatever 158W
G.W. 156W
or something else ?

6.1 height , 180lbs , size 13 and... trying to go to the next level!

What do you think?

Last edited by snoWorm; 12-29-2012 at 05:48 PM.
snoWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #750 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The Whatever 158W will be a great choice for your specs. It will be amazing all around and easy to press for you.

Happy riding!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote