Bataleon 2012 Q & A - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 09:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,185
Default Bataleon 2012 Q & A

Hi guys,

Back from SIA in Denver and just visited a long and winding thread here full of questions about 2012 Bataleon.

I spent a bunch of time with Bataleon guys and will be happy to answer any Q's abot the upcoming line.

As an up front, Bataleon had a breakthrough year in 2011 and is going to explode in 2012. TBT has come of age! On a graphics front, the boards look insane (way better even than the pictures I am seeing). A new pressing process allows the TBT to show through the topsheet. This is not a performance thing, but it does help riders to visualize the tech.

The Evil Twin SE and the Women's FeelBetter (yeaaahh!) look ill.

STOKED!!!!!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-03-2011, 10:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CNY
Posts: 685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Hi guys,

Back from SIA in Denver and just visited a long and winding thread here full of questions about 2012 Bataleon.

I spent a bunch of time with Bataleon guys and will be happy to answer any Q's abot the upcoming line.

As an up front, Bataleon had a breakthrough year in 2011 and is going to explode in 2012. TBT has come of age! On a graphics front, the boards look insane (way better even than the pictures I am seeing). A new pressing process allows the TBT to show through the topsheet. This is not a performance thing, but it does help riders to visualize the tech.

The Evil Twin SE and the Women's FeelBetter (yeaaahh!) look ill.

STOKED!!!!!
This is awesome. Bataleon is a really cool company and I think they make great boards. I've ridden two and have been pretty stoked on both. It was cool to see Halldor warming up on the 2012 ET. It's legit technology and it's neat to see that Bataleon is the only company doing it. I have two boards in my quiver now, Burton Custom cambered and Bataleon ET.

As far as questions- are they changing the TBT specs on any of their classic boards? Are they coming out with any new models? Any new tech?

EDIT: I scoped out some pictures and the TBT looks more drastic on a lot of boards this year. The 08/09 Goliath and the 10/11 ET seem to have the right amount of TBT in that they're not catchy and perform quite well. They had a good balance between carving performance and playfulness. I hope the more drastic TBT (if my eyes are correct) doesn't unbalance that too much.

Last edited by phile00; 02-03-2011 at 10:31 AM.
phile00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phile00 View Post
This is awesome. Bataleon is a really cool company and I think they make great boards. I've ridden two and have been pretty stoked on both. It was cool to see Halldor warming up on the 2012 ET. It's legit technology and it's neat to see that Bataleon is the only company doing it. I have two boards in my quiver now, Burton Custom cambered and Bataleon ET.

As far as questions- are they changing the TBT specs on any of their classic boards? Are they coming out with any new models? Any new tech?
Yes.

The biggest change is to the TBT structure itself. For 2012 TBT extends further out to the tip and tail. Where it used to end at the contact points, it now runs smothly all the way to the tips. The nose and tail ramps have been updated on every model becoming moderately longer and smoother. Along with the TBT change, this dramatically smoothes the contours and reduces petential grab spots. These are further refinements to an already refined product. You will also see a reshaping of the tip and tail to more blunted outlines. This is great for reduced swing weight, stability in presses, power in ollies, etc. 4 different carbon layups are being used in different models in 2012.

You will also see additions of 4 new models: The Disaster Twin at $359.95, The FeelBetter Women's Twin at $349.95, Whatever All mountain Freestyle at $399.95, Enemy All mountain Freestyle at $799.95

We are stoked to see 3 new models under $400.00! As Bataleon grows it becomes more economical for them to bring this insane tech at lower price points.

So cool to see core products like this exploding.

Last edited by Wiredsport; 02-03-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CNY
Posts: 685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Yes.

The biggest change is to the TBT structure itself. For 2012 TBT extends further out to the tip and tail. Where it used to end at the contact points, it now runs smothly all the way to the tips. The nose and tail ramps have been updated on every model becoming moderately longer and smoother. Along with the TBT change, this dramatically smoothes the contours and reduces petential grab spots. These are further refinements to an already refined product. You will also see a reshaping of the tip and tail to more blunted outlines. This is great for reduced swing weight, stability in presses, power in ollies, etc. 4 different carbon layups are being used in different models in 2012.

You will also see additions of 4 new models: The Disaster Twin at $359.95, The FeelBetter Women's Twin at $349.95, Whatever All mountain Freestyle at $399.95, Enemy All mountain Freestyle at $799.95

We are stoked to see 3 new models under $400.00! As Bataleon grows it becomes more economical for them to bring this insane tech at lower price points.

So cool to see core products like this exploding.
Wow, the TBT is extended for all models. That's really interesting. I was actually going to mention in my first post that I had hoped they made the tip/tail thinner like ride/burton boards. I like the look of the new blunted shapes. I'm excited to read some reviews once people get on these. I know why they elongated the nose and tail... My ET classic sucks ass in powder. It is literally bearable and that's about it. Now it seems these new designs really will trump rocker designs in just about every category.

Just thought this was cool> Looking at the general board specs from 08/09 to 10/11 The 08/09 149 Goliath (discontinued size) has the same effective edge as the 10/11 153 Goilath. I bet all the specs are the same. not sure about 09/10 but it looks like they've already elongated the nose and tail as the years progressed. Specs can be compared with the two links below

Bataleon Goliath Snowboard 2009 | evo
BATALEON SNOWBOARDS | Triple Base Tech, the best thing to happen to snowboards since edges.
phile00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 21
Default

If you can remember, what are the smallest sizes for all the 2012 lineup? Thanks man
xB01S0NxBARRYx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xB01S0NxBARRYx View Post
If you can remember, what are the smallest sizes for all the 2012 lineup? Thanks man
Bataleon Disaster 2012 - 148
Bataleon Airobic 2012 - 148
Bataleon Distortia 2012 - 143
Bataleon Evil Twin 2012 - 149
Bataleon Evil Twin Artist Edition 2012 - 152
Bataleon Riot 2012 - 151
Bataleon Fun Kink 2012 - 148
Bataleon FeelBetter 2012 - 143
Bataleon Whatever 2012 - 150
Bataleon Goliath 2012 - 150
Bataleon Violenza 2012 - 146
Bataleon The Jam 2012 - 156
Bataleon Enemy 2012 - 157
Bataleon Omni 2012 - 158
Bataleon Undisputed 2012 - 163
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 21
Default

thanks. When is the release date? Im actually curious as to when most companies release all the 2012 gear. I don't want to buy something full price when the next years product comes out in 2 months
xB01S0NxBARRYx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xB01S0NxBARRYx View Post
thanks. When is the release date? Im actually curious as to when most companies release all the 2012 gear. I don't want to buy something full price when the next years product comes out in 2 months
Early fall is typical. Bataleon is great about getting product on the shelves early. This year we received them at the end of August.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
WHOisDAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 113
Default

Is Bataleon the only company that has a synthduded base? Not quite sintered?

How does the Bataleon Evil Twin compare to the Never Summer Evo in terms of stiffness?

I thought the 2011 Goliath felt like a freeride board compared to my Never Summer SL.

I'm glad to see more sizes. The 149 Evil Twin looks very tempting.
WHOisDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 6,270
Default

ETs a just a bit stiffer in the tips than an Evo. More well rounded.

Also, the Whatever was one of the most fun boards I have ridden.
__________________
Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums