Lib Lando, Dark Series, and NS legacy - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 05:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Lib Lando, Dark Series, and NS legacy

I picked up a Dark Series a few days ago, haven't ridden it yet, and heard that the Lando might be a better choice as the mag is more mellow as well as the rocker section. I like my boards to be stable, and hated the catchy feel I used back in the day, so this appealed to me. My worry with the Lando is that it's a 157w, I need a wide board, but I'm not sure if it's long enough as I always rode 161 boards. I'm almost 6' 2" and 185 lbs and wear Salomon f20s to make my US 12 an 11, so I don't know if I'm too heavy for that Lando for riding pow in the trees, and then bombing groomers and hitting smaller jumps and running through the pipe? I also don't know if one or the other will be better for my riding style? The 160 sounds perfect but the ww is narrower(25.7 vs 25.9 on the 157wide.

I also saw a ton of people say some good things about the NS Legacy, something I overlooked before, so that's another board I thought I would look closer at before I can't return my Dark Series.

Let me know what you think Thanks in advance
Meatball707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Ive owned various brands of lib and gnu and the lando is the best I have the 09 and 11 lando and the one thing i like is when you pick up speed the magnetraction doesnt come in to play like the trs or the most other libs and gnu's. It is not as severe and its nice but its there when you need it. I had a legacy slr, its good just heavy. I also wear the f20 dave benedek from 08 and the boot is not as bulky and i dont have a wide in any of my boards. The lib lando is 25.7 which is wide enought for a 12 boot. I do however place my binding all the way on heel side. I wear an 12 boot.

Last edited by snowjab; 02-03-2011 at 06:11 PM.
snowjab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Im 6ft 2 200lbs. 160 is fine
Old 02-03-2011, 09:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Everyone on here over thinks too much. It's lib's top of the line board (- Cygnus) Go ride it. You will like it.

Quit reading Joe Schmoes reviews. The Magnatraction is dialed in on the Dark Series. Anyone that says magnatraction is catchy is a KOOK, they don't know what the fuck they are talking about.

That board has a mellow rocker section, have you ever seen a NS rocker? way more rocker than a Lib tech

Go Ride it.
Lstarrasl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lstarrasl View Post
Anyone that says magnatraction is catchy is a KOOK, they don't know what the fuck they are talking about.

That board has a mellow rocker section, have you ever seen a NS rocker? way more rocker than a Lib tech
First off I was the one saying MTX can be catchy, call me a kook if you want, I rode a GNU Rider's choice a few years ago, and it would hook up with any raised spots or lines in the snow, maybe it was because it wasn't my board and I heard all this hype about it being catchy so I just associated that with it. Other than that it was a great board when I rode it, held an edge in super icy areas and felt super stable.

Secondly I was talking about the Lando having less rocker than the Dark Series, not the Never Summer.

I'm positive all three of those boards will or would be awesome to ride and I would probably like all of them.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatball707 View Post
First off I was the one saying MTX can be catchy, call me a kook if you want, I rode a GNU Rider's choice a few years ago, and it would hook up with any raised spots or lines in the snow, maybe it was because it wasn't my board and I heard all this hype about it being catchy so I just associated that with it. Other than that it was a great board when I rode it, held an edge in super icy areas and felt super stable.

Secondly I was talking about the Lando having less rocker than the Dark Series, not the Never Summer.

I'm positive all three of those boards will or would be awesome to ride and I would probably like all of them.
Was it a BTX or MTX? I've never ridden MTX but there is nothing catchy about C2BTX or BTX.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

It was a MTX, no banana or any type of rocker at all.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Well, if it was a problem couldn't you detune it a bit?
Chance42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Cygnus is like 1800 yea most everyone has been on one. I thought it was catchy before I read that in shayboarder
Old 02-04-2011, 09:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatball707 View Post
It was a MTX, no banana or any type of rocker at all.
And how long had you been riding, when you rode his board?