lib tech TRS 2010 vs. 2011? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 09:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Red face lib tech TRS 2009-2010 vs. 2010-2011?

Hello,

I recently arrived on purchasing the TRS thanks to these guys: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...-vs-skunk.html

I am curious, reading thoroughly about the TRS 2010, I can not tell what changed to the 2011. Obviously, something must have other than the design and the year... but I'm looking to save money, and it seems like the 2010 will do (if I can find one)!

What are the differences? Has anyone riden both?

Is it true that the TRS is actually a directional twin, which means the nose has more flex than the tail. I ride goofy, how will this affect me?

Thanks!

Matt Brown

Last edited by mbrownnyc; 02-03-2011 at 09:48 PM.
mbrownnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

TRS is a twin geometry board.

Boards don't change if you are goofy or regular.

Don't over think it. Just buy it, you will be stoked. C2Btx is the SHIIIIIITTTT.
Lstarrasl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

if u cant find TRS dont forget to check out the 2011 rider's choice
it is gnu's version of the TRS but has a sintered board which is faster and sturdier
legends6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:17 AM   #4 (permalink)

yes actually theres a pretty big difference this years has the c2 btx which is camber/rocker hybrid. but if your looking for a more park orientated board go with the gnu riders choice same technology just isnt as stiff and has a sintered base its a great board i bought when and wont ride any other board
snowboarder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:52 AM   #5 (permalink)

The 2011 TRS is marketed as having C2BTX, however the 2010 TRS also has C2BTX as confirmed by myself as I ride one. I never thought of looking until someone here mentioned that LibTech has been making C2BTX for a while now.
I suspect (because I don't have a 2011 to compare it with) that the changes may have been where the camber starts under your foot.
hpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpin View Post
The 2011 TRS is marketed as having C2BTX, however the 2010 TRS also has C2BTX as confirmed by myself as I ride one. I never thought of looking until someone here mentioned that LibTech has been making C2BTX for a while now.
I suspect (because I don't have a 2011 to compare it with) that the changes may have been where the camber starts under your foot.
hpin, can you prove this with a picture? c2btx may be a late add to TRS in later shipments? i still doubt this but i'm sure you can set us straight with a picture. also, it still may not prove all 2010 TRS has it. i'm pretty sure i have seen at least one 2010 TRS with a pure BTX shape
Old 02-04-2011, 06:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by legends6spd View Post
hpin, can you prove this with a picture? c2btx may be a late add to TRS in later shipments? i still doubt this but i'm sure you can set us straight with a picture. also, it still may not prove all 2010 TRS has it. i'm pretty sure i have seen at least one 2010 TRS with a pure BTX shape
It's true, my first gen TRS btx actually has camber from bindings to tip. I was just messing around with my long wax scraper and noticed space when I placed it lengthwise from the banana center to tip or tale... They've obviously been evolving the shape because the cambers weren't as pronounced as my C2 T.Rice, but more importantly, my TRS didn't have the slight convex base that my Rice has.
danm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danm View Post
It's true, my first gen TRS btx actually has camber from bindings to tip. I was just messing around with my long wax scraper and noticed space when I placed it lengthwise from the banana center to tip or tale... They've obviously been evolving the shape because the cambers weren't as pronounced as my C2 T.Rice, but more importantly, my TRS didn't have the slight convex base that my Rice has.
Interesting, which year rice do you have? '10 or '11
Old 02-04-2011, 07:00 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by legends6spd View Post
Interesting, which year rice do you have? '10 or '11
2010 157 with the Harpy Eagle.
danm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

i, too, think my 2010 trs has a c2btx shape. looks like they were slippin in the tech before they actually started marketing it.
carvebeast is offline   Reply With Quote