New Jamie Lynn Board, Newer Rider, was it a bad move - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2011, 06:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New Jamie Lynn Board, Newer Rider, was it a bad move

Hello everybody. I am new to the sport but I was lucky to ride in almost 2ft of powder at Stratton my first time out this year and now I'm hooked. I live on the East Coast and I was riding a 12 year old K2 that served its purpose for learning but I wanted my own board. So I just picked up a leftover 2010 Lib Tech Jamie Lynn 154 (non C2)for 400.00 Any opinions on a newb riding a Jamie Lynn? I was looking at the carbon credit but this board was the same price and it looked similar spec wise. I want to ride the mountain not the park and I keep seeing different opinions on regular Banana vs C2. I didn't go with a C2 board because it seemed like it might be more tricky to ride. I'm sure once I ride it Sunday, it's not returnable. Thanks in advance.
ardvark666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2011, 07:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Last year's board wasn't advertised to have C2, but if you look at it, you'll see it does.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Wow, I just put it on the floor and it sure does have c2. Well now I really feel like a dolt. So now my question is, should I keep it or try to get a straight up banana? Of course I prob can't find one at this point other than the pickle.
And why did the reviewer here complain about it not having it
Lib Tech Jamie Lynn and Lando Phoenix C2 BTX Snowboard Review

you wonder if they actually rode it or just wrote the article.
hmmmm
Old 02-04-2011, 07:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

No problem with C2BTX...there is nothing to worry about there...I would much rather have it for all mountain riding than straight up banana (or rocker). Keep the Jamie Lynn ride it and feel the love.
Grasschopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks. I'm going to Blue Mountain Sunday for the first time after only going to VT. I am already intimidated enough by having a girlfriend who tears up the mountain and I just don't want to be back to square one looking like a drunk dog going around in circles down a green I am also hoping that the magnetraction is really good for me on icy hardpack. I have been spoiled with good conditions out here.

Also, is my board kinda the same as the GNU Billy Goat only in a 154? I saw the GNU but it was waaaay to long for me.

Last edited by ardvark666; 02-04-2011 at 08:05 PM.