Never Summer boards - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2011, 04:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Never Summer boards

This brand was unknown to me until I entered this site. Being from Norway I have never even seen one in real life, but I realise they are very popular in the US

The reason I'm asking is because I am considering getting another board, and this brand caught my eye. Do they have any kind of super sweet unique technology or are they just nice graphics on a hyped up brand?
init is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2011, 06:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Never Summer actually isn't very popular yet. They are very popular in a couple of forums like this one and also in certain states like Colorado. The general snowboard public doesn't really know about them.

It's sad because they have great boards. In the past two years, I've been getting very curious about the brand myself. I finally got my hands on one. I'll say this much, I expected it to be just hype like the skate banana once was. It wasn't. Honestly, I wanted to find more faults in the board I rode. I couldn't. It's a damn good board that is high quality.

Here's my review of one of their boards:

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/equ...-proto-ct.html

Trust me... Get one and let your friends ride it too. They'll all want one.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Their unique technology is a rocker/cambered hybrid shape. Which most companies are copying now.
MistahTaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Best boards on the planet IMO.

The R/C camber is great, the build quality is second to none, and they are TANKS. Plus, they have something for everyone. The boards run the gamut for hard charging freeride boards to park boards.

I'm one of the few who is butthurt that they no longer offer a traditional camber option. The R/C tech is great and I prefer it in 90% of conditions, but there are conditions where camber is king. There's a reason why it dominated snow sports - skiing too, not just snowboarding - for the majority of snow sports history. If it's icy or the terrain is sketchy, give me camber. A good, stiff cambered plank grips like a mofo and there's nothing like it when the conditions call for it. Luckily, I've got just the stick in my quiver for that - an 08/09 NS Heritage.

I'll say this for sure, they're the only boards out there that I'd even consider paying retail price for. I won't say they're the only boards I'll buy, because I own other boards because can't miss deals can be found, but if we're looking at sticker price, then give me a NS.

Last edited by linvillegorge; 02-06-2011 at 01:17 AM.
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
The general snowboard public doesn't really know about them.
What are you talking about? I knew about them over 15 years ago from seeing ads in snowboard magazines. One of their ads still stands out in my mind where they have two guys folding one back backwards almost touching the tip to tail and it doesn't break.
Maybe the sport mart crowd won't know of them, but anyone who would buy a board from a real board shop, and buys snowboard magazines surly knows they exist.
freshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The "general snowboard public" doesn't read snowboarding magazines. They go up a few times a year and think that Burton rules the world, though some have discovered Lib Tech, and everything else is an inferior product.

You're not going to find the general snowboard public reading a snowboard magazine or on this forum. The sport mart crowd IS the general snowboard public.
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:52 AM   #7 (permalink)

Sounds like they really make some good boards. My next board will be my first non-cambered stick, so there's lots of choices Other requirements are true twin, centered stance, soft to medium flex (I'm on a 7/10 now). I don't want it to be a total noodle either.
I ride the whole mountain, but mostly park. I guess I will go with the evo if I choose NS. Is the SL true twin btw?
Thanks for the response guys
init is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

My daughter and I love our NS boards. Their customer service was responsive too. Seemed like they took a lot of pride in their products and went out of their way to help.
WhistlerBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

I picked up the EVO 155 this season.. I love this board. Ended up selling the Burton I had.. It couldn't even compare to my NS..
sleev-les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:57 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshy View Post
What are you talking about? I knew about them over 15 years ago from seeing ads in snowboard magazines. One of their ads still stands out in my mind where they have two guys folding one back backwards almost touching the tip to tail and it doesn't break.
Maybe the sport mart crowd won't know of them, but anyone who would buy a board from a real board shop, and buys snowboard magazines surly knows they exist.

You aren't the general snowboarding public if you are reading snowboard magazines.
Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote