Size matters with Lib Tech? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2011, 04:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Size matters with Lib Tech?

I could use some advice from people who know more about this than I do. Choosing a board is hard because it's impossible to test ride all the different boards. I have been riding 3 years and I am too old to be stupid in the park -- I stay away from rails and boxes, for now -- but I am somewhat of an aggressive rider and I like to hit straight jumps. I currently ride a 12 year-old 158 Rossignol board that rides amazingly great for straight carving, so I am looking for something to help me advance to the next level of jumps and switch. I am 5' 7" and 150 lbs, boot size 9.5 us.

I tried my friend's Lib Tech with Magna Traction (can't remember exact one) and loved the way it carved. I tried a new Forum double dog 152 board and was surprised by how well it held an edge despite being shorter. I tried a Burton Easy Living 152 and hated it; washed out every turn. I tried a Nitro T1 but it seems far more park oriented than what I want. I tried a 154 Burton Sherlock and it was pretty good, but not quite. It did feel nice and floaty though, and it was very easy to ride switch.

I read a whole bunch of conflicting reviews and as best as I could tell, for what I want and like, the T. Rice board fits the bill, but no demos are available. The local retailer has it in 153.5 and 157.

Have you tried out this board in different lengths? Suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks...
carveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2011, 05:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

It's 153 and 157 for the blunt tips and 161.5 and 164.5 for the pointy tip. I'm 5'5" 150lbs and I ride a 153 T.Rice. If you wanna go park or just a more playful board go with the 153, if you ride pow a lot than maybe the 157 will fit you better.
skip11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks! I wish there were more pow to ride out here!!! But I will be headed out west in March. Hmmmm.
carveman is offline   Reply With Quote