Coming off a T6. Which freestyle board??? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 10:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Bataleon Riot seems like it fits the bill. It's supposedly "scary fast" and I can attest to TBT being the real deal. This board is pretty stiff so you aren't going to be doing any jibbing with it, but it should work well with medium and large jumps.

If you are looking for something softer, I suggest the Bataleon Evil Twin. This is the board I am riding right now and I love it. I would best describe it as a park stick that can go just about anywhere on the mountain.

If you ride on the east coast or icy conditions, you might want to look at some boards by Never-Summer (the SL) or Lib Tech (TRS or T.Rice) as both of these brands utilise "wavy" edges to held with edge hold in hardpack or ice.

Both the Riot and Evil Twin are traditional camber with TBT to make them more playful and easier to ride.
crazyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2011, 09:02 AM   #12 (permalink)

First board which came in my mind: Ride DH.

That's a camber board, but don't think you can't freestyle with cambered boards. 5 years ago, everybody did I still do, and for me it's perfect! It's just more stable, I hate the rocker boards...

Maybe you should look at Lib-Tech, they use C2 tech which is a combination of rocker-camber and they make some pretty stiff freestyle boards!

Good luck!
Old 02-13-2011, 08:39 PM   #13 (permalink)

T6 is an incredible board but fragile. after busting up my heel side hedge, i went for the 2011 lib tech dark series. seems to be a similar board, so i've been told. it's lib's stiffest board i think at 7.5/10. Trying it for the first time in vail this week. Will let you know. Seems like a beast
asavi4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:04 AM   #14 (permalink)

A hybrid chamber directional twin like Burton Custom flying-V or Nitro Team Gullwing.
j3n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:21 AM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member

How about a Ride DH2? it's more of a mid-stiff(er) freestyle board, but it's a true twin and pops to the moon (from what I've heard). I've contemplated picking one up for my freestyle board over my NS SL (but that's a whole other story).
DrnknZag is offline   Reply With Quote