Coming off a T6. Which freestyle board??? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2011, 04:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Coming off a T6. Which freestyle board???

Been riding a Burton T6 (159) for 4 years now.
I still want to continue aggressive all mountain riding, but have been incorporating freestyle into my riding in a big kind of way, and would like a board to better complement this (twin, bit more flex, pop, etc).

Having only ridden the T6 (learned on it!) I am used to it's immense stability, responsiveness, camber, superior edge hold, and blasting through sections at 50mph with ease. As such I am a bit concerned that a freestyle board will feel a bit shakey and insecure.

So now I'm looking for an "all mountain freestyle" board so to speak. I know freestyle boards wont typically match the characteristics of the T6 (stability/edge/responsiveness), however am looking for one with "similiar" characteristics, has twin-tip, more flex, more pop (more freestyle geared).

Q: what boards can you recommend?
Q: am I worried for no reason?
Q: stick with camber or go other form?

Cheers guys!
Valiantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2011, 04:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

I guess for what you described a capita ultrafear fk would be a good choice. Its reverse cambered but pretty stable at high speeds. It would be pretty good for freestyle because of the rc. Capita makes great boards too so you dont have to worry about durability with them. To answer your questions no your worry is legit haha some boards built especially for freestyle will definately be too much of a noodle to handle what you do. If it was me I would want RC because i like it a lot but I dont do all mountain stuff, but a stiff enough RC board in my opinion will hold up for all mountain and will definatley freestyle really well. I am not too familiar with Bataleon, but those may be a good option for you their normal camber but have tbt that and capita are definately worth looking into if you ask me. Good luck
luke89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

For stability at speed, responsiveness, edge hold and pop I like and recommend a decently stiff traditional camber board.

Two such examples come to mind:

Rome Agent (traditional camber version) - almost twin
Ride DH - true twin

EDIT: In terms of RC boards the only two companies I've experienced/heard good things about when it comes to good stability at speed, responsiveness and edge hold are Lib Tech and Never Summer.

Last edited by thetraveler; 02-07-2011 at 04:37 PM.
thetraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

i got the ride DH hempbrain, it's the best board i've owned!!! highly recommend.
jegnorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

If you like the stability of your T6, you should probably stick with a traditional camber board.
WHOisDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegnorge View Post
i got the ride DH hempbrain, it's the best board i've owned!!! highly recommend.
You do realize that is a shop kid only board...??? You can't buy just buy one.

For center rocker look into the Arbor Westmark for a twin and the Coda for a directional twin. If you want camber try the Ride DH, or a Flow Quantum, for some zero try the Nitro Rook. Alternate base Shape try a Bataleon Riot. For combo camber try the Signal Omni, Nitro Team Gullwing, or a Yes Optimistic.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke89 View Post
I guess for what you described a capita ultrafear fk would be a good choice. Its reverse cambered but pretty stable at high speeds. It would be pretty good for freestyle because of the rc. Capita makes great boards too so you dont have to worry about durability with them. To answer your questions no your worry is legit haha some boards built especially for freestyle will definately be too much of a noodle to handle what you do. If it was me I would want RC because i like it a lot but I dont do all mountain stuff, but a stiff enough RC board in my opinion will hold up for all mountain and will definatley freestyle really well. I am not too familiar with Bataleon, but those may be a good option for you their normal camber but have tbt that and capita are definately worth looking into if you ask me. Good luck
Ultrafear? Really? That is barely above a noodle. Its a beefed up Horror. If you want to suggest CAPiTA for someone used to a T6 try the Cambered Indoor. You do have durability issues with CAPiTA. Some of them ride good yes, but they are built for park kids that kill boards. They're more inexpensive for a reason.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:50 PM   #8 (permalink)

Maybe a Rome Machine. I have an extra 157 I'll give ya cheap.
Breckenridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

CustomX 156 or 158?
Chaos Theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:06 AM   #10 (permalink)

Lib tech Trice seems to best match
ckang008 is offline   Reply With Quote