Looking for a reasonably priced intermediate board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2011, 06:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Looking for a reasonably priced intermediate board

I have been riding for about 8 or 9 years. Mostly on crappy midwest hills. I am planning a trip out to CO next year and want a better board, and one that is size a lot better than my current one. I am 5'8", 165 lbs, 9.5 shoe size. When I go to CO I will not be in the terrain park much at all, but when I am in IA, MI, OH, IA I will do a fair share of riding and hitting the jumps in the park. Not much into rails yet. So looking for a board mostly to go down the hills! My current board is a Liquid Trip 60 (160 length), bought it used just because I found it cheap... I am looking for something in the $200-300 range. Don't mind used, but would prefer something new.

Not really that knowledgable on what kind of board or size I should be looking at. Hopefully you guys can help steer me in the right direction. Thinking something low 150's is where I should be. I have searched the board and found brands to stay away from and brands to look into.

If there is a best time of year to pick up last years models for reduced prices I am interested in that too. Not much more riding if any this year, so in no real hurry. If I find a good deal I will go for it.

Thanks in advance.
Commissae is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2011, 08:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I don't have enough knowledge to recommend a board or anything but what I can tell you is that if you're in no hurry to pick something up for this season, you can find sick deals at end of season clearances (sometime in the spring and they get sicker as you move into the summer). In 2009 I bought last season board and bindings and saved mad cash ($249 on a $399 deck and $99 on $200 bindings).

If you can hold out, spring to summer is a great time to buy from my experience.

Hope that helps some.
51Fifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

yep...some stores go as low as 70% off...I got bindings and board in the middle of August. $150 for a pair of K2 cinch CTX was not bad. I got the board for $198 (700 new)......but that's another story.
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06
KIRKRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

Anyplace specific online that has good deals in the summer, or just shop around. I have been looking at backcountry and the house.
Commissae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I got my stuff on evo.com - had a really good experience with them. But you can also check out dogfunk.com and moosejaw.com. but backcountry is also a real good website, I've used them in the past.
51Fifty is offline   Reply With Quote