Upgrade dilemma - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2011, 07:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Upgrade dilemma

Hi all... I'm 28 yrs old and this is my 3rd season riding. I'm 5'8, 215lbs, and for now ride mostly on the east coast ( windham ny, blue mountain in pa area with as many trips as possible to vt each season). My starter board is a 156cm 08 Ride Havoc with Ride delta mvmt bindings. Boot size is 10 (Burton grails). I chose to start out with a smaller, not too high end board for maneuverability purposes in my learning phase so that I can appreciate an upgrade when ready. I stick to freeriding, usually ripping down groomers and the occasional tree ride but not much exposure there yet. I also plan on heading out west to get some real powder experience.

With that being said, I've come down to two setups after reading as many posts and reviews as possible (but open to suggestion)

NeverSummer Premier F1 161cm OR Raptor 164cm with either Burton cartels or ride Spi bindings. I've also heard folks recommend flux sf45s and dmcc but can't find an explicit advantage over the other two. I have no problems with my current ride bindings but I prefer burtons toe cap construction over ride and the rest of the competition ( so far).

Appreciate any thoughts or input.

Last edited by 51Fifty; 02-07-2011 at 08:49 PM.
51Fifty is offline   Reply With Quote