What to do with my edges... - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2008, 01:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
jibbah686

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
When I originally went to the shop and asked for a 2 degree base edge bevel, the guy said that I wouldn't notice a 2 degree bevel as far as boardsliding rails goes, and even 3 or 4 degrees wouldnt do much. He said beveling the base edge just makes the edge sharper which he explained is what I shouldn't want. He said I'm best off just dulling the shit out of everything if I really don't want to catch an edge.

I think I need to find another shop. I definitely rather bevel the base than dull the whole edge. I don't want to feel like I'm on a board that won't carve or something.

Thanks again for the help everyone
mine are beveled at like 2 degrees and i dont catch my edge on a box or rail unless i tried to if you land flatbased like you should ur fine. and as carving goes? i go to a towrope place where i live and you know how we are in the park with tow ropes... we just cut right in line. i could carve so hard that i go straight up the hill a little bit and go as fast as the tow rope and catch it. im tellin ya go for a 2 degree bevel its not gonna harm your carving very much... your edges will be sharper and theyll be easier on boxes. otherwise find another shop or try dulling them out...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2008, 01:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
xevi89

I have a 2 degree bevel straight from the factor and it works out fine for carving and boxes.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:19 AM   #13 (permalink)
ehman

Hi,

I would suggest you 2-3 degrees if you wanna hit the rail while still riding down hill full speed.
More than 3 deg and you might not feel it good while turning.
Basically when your deck comes from the factory, the edges are very sharp and you should definitively sharp them starting from the nose and tip which are not necessary for turning.

Check out this vid, it's a nice introduction:
edges bevel
Old 04-06-2008, 02:45 PM   #14 (permalink)

hey i just got a butron retro twin there n used it for about a week. bit of a tuning noob here but written on the board is what i think is the bevel and the edge angles but im not sure because it says base; 2degrees, edge; 0degrees... is this 'base' angle the bevel or what? and im guessing that the 'edge' angle is the angle of the verticle part of the edge? i thought burton didnt bevel their boards etc?? cheers
ollie is offline   Reply With Quote