what do you guys think about flow boards? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 04:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default what do you guys think about flow boards?

i just got into snowboarding this year. a late bloomer at 29 but better late than never. im 5'9", 190lbs and wear size 11 boots. after doin all my "research", i decided to buy a 2011 flow verve 155. ive only been half a dozen times or so now but im pickin it up pretty quick and im startin to get a better feel for what im lookin for in a ride. i dont see me spendin much time in the park, a trip here or there in the future maybe, but i really like bombin down groomers and just hittin the little jumps off to the side of the trails. id like to get into a little deeper powder too, but im from the northeast and its more of an icey mix with shallow snow. a few mountains i hit have some decent powder in their lade sections though. what i noticed with my board is when im bombin down the groomers i feel like the board gets very unstable. i dont lose control or anythin, but at higher speeds when i try to carve the corners, i more or less slide around corners. my edge does dig, but the tail end doesnt hold well. id really like to be able to go pretty fast, not warp speed just yet and feel more stable and be able to carve corners without sliding out. i do like my board, but it is a freestyle oriented board and very soft flex. i was told this was the best for beginners but im not sure if its the board clashing with my size/style, or im just a rookie still. i started lookin into the never summer lineup like the legacy or sl and the premier. i need some experienced opinions. last thing i wanna do is buy a different, more expensive, board and realize its just me. but i also dont wanna hold myself back with the wrong board. please gimme input!
ShawnAlan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2011, 10:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

anyone??? any feedback would be greatly appreciated
ShawnAlan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Flow makes a really good board and the Verve is one of the best deals out there for a full price board. 155 will work, though if you want better powder and stability performance the 158 would also work.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Flow makes a really good board and the Verve is one of the best deals out there for a full price board. 155 will work, though if you want better powder and stability performance the 158 would also work.
Totally agree
woodhomie1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have been using a 2006 Flow board that they private labeled for the kite company I ride for, Cabrinha. I can speak to Flow's ability to make a very stiff and durable board...at least that was the design of this full twin, stiff board with a large radius sidecut. This board has been rode hard over all sorts of junk with tons of pressure on the rails. I am amazed with all of the abuse the board has taken without blowing a rail or an insert. So they know how to build a quality board, just make sure you get a sufficient size and stiffness. Sounds like you may benefit from some extra length, and for sure some more stiffness to get a more poppy carved turn going....