Burton Vapor Boards...grrr.... - Page 4 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 12:11 AM   #31 (permalink)

If I may suggest... the Amplid HiDef comes in 151 and is almost as light as the Burton Method!

Amplid HiDef 2011 Snowboard Review

... This is a seriously responsive and poppy snowboard that should only be ridden by aggressive and advanced snowboarders. A world class freestyle snowboard for the upper crust of civilian snowboarding and pros alike. To top off a tasty package the HiDef has a seriously cool hologram style topsheet. [[read site for full specs]]

Cheers...

dice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2011, 12:25 AM   #32 (permalink)

I have tried the Vapor on demo day and put up a review on it. Quite honest, it's really nothing special! SORRY And I would seriously looking into the option of other alternate boards.

To sum it up, the board was a rough ride compared to other boards 1/2 that price tag with a much more damp feel. Was OK on hard turns and edge to edge. And POP was average. Only thing going for it was it's a little lighter than other boards. But there are lighter boards out there if weight is the issue.

If you're used to it and like it, that's great (I still love to ride my 2007 T6 sometimes just cuase I'm used to it - not cause it's my best board). But if you're looking for something new, do consider the "HiDef" as it might be right up what you're looking for at 1/2 the price.

I hope this is not taken negatively. Just throwing some thoughts out there.

All the best.

Cheers...
dice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:17 PM   #33 (permalink)

^ That's a sick Amplid board
Old 04-13-2011, 06:26 PM   #34 (permalink)

I'll jump on this bandwagon and agree to check out the Amplid HiDef 151. Both of these boards are out of my price range, and have never ridden them, but on paper the HiDef looks comparable to the Vapor.

Try the 2010 review on the same site, Amplid HiDef 2010 Snowboard Review, Rich actually tested that board.
onji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:26 PM   #35 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dice View Post
I have tried the Vapor on demo day and put up a review on it. Quite honest, it's really nothing special! SORRY And I would seriously looking into the option of other alternate boards.
Same here. It was a bit better than okay. Middle to upper middle of the pack IMO. The price tag blew me away but that was about it.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote