Burton Blender 2010 model - question! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2011, 01:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Burton Blender 2010 model - question!

Hey everyone!

I've been snowboarding for about 3 years or so, but I've only gone a couple times a year. The place where I've been going is only about an hour away from me so I'm hoping to get a season pass next year and have some fun! I'm tired of renting though and decided to get my own stuff. The problem is, I know very little about what would be best for me. I went shopping last week and went ahead and bought:
The Burton Blender 2010 model
Burton Citizen Bindings
And k2 boots

It was a great deal from what I can tell! But I'm having trouble finding much information/reviews about women's boards and such. The Burton board is a 148 and says it's mostly for park riding. I just figured out how to turn right going toeside a few weeks ago, so needless to say, I don't venture into the park at all (at least not yet!). Yeah yeah, I was the girl that would ride goofy instead of turning right on her toes...

But all that is to ask a few questions...will this board be alright to just go down the trails and such? I think it's the right size for me, I'm about 5'6 and 125lbs. The place I rented before ONLY goes by your height, so I'm not really sure what size board I was even using before..this one I can tell is shorter than what I've used though. But judging from what I've seen online, a 148 should work okay right?? So I'm COMPLETELY new and slightly overwhelmed by all this snowboard shopping and would love some advice. I don't need anything fancy, I just enjoy having fun out there and learning new things. Do you think this set will work for me? I'd like to find something that I won't really "outgrow" if that's possible, so I thought this might be a good compromise.
Thanks guys!
nic2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2011, 09:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Sounds good

The setup you have sounds like it should be good for you, do you think you will progress into park eventually? If not you might want a board that is better for carving and less for the park.
Jakevendetta is offline   Reply With Quote