Why I am done with Rocker and going back to Camber - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #21 (permalink)

[QUOTE=Leo;374094]Wow... This really is one of the most gimmicky posts of all time. Let's hope no one falls for it like us blind sheep are falling for any type of Rocker.

What's wrong with rockered boards being more forgiving? If that's the philosophy you live by, then start driving a stick shift car without any power steering or anti-lock brakes. After all, that other BS is just training wheels. Matter of fact, screw the car altogether and walk to your destination. Stop being such a beginner noob driving cars and riding bikes. Real men walk.

QUOTE]

You forgot to exclude the use of shoes Leo
jliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2011, 09:13 AM   #22 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
I am not a fan of full RC I am also not a fan of C2 or any RC between the bindings. What I am riding is the Rossi Angus with camber between the bindings and rock tip and tail. It is great in all conditions. I just rode it tonight on ice in a clinic on switch carving and the thing held an edge in a high speed carves and while I cant do it switch yet, riding regular, I can hold the carve all the way back up the hill and down again making a complete circle. The rocker at the ends make sit awesome in powder and heavy wet snow and it makes moguls a ton easier.
This is exactly why I think you should try a Bataleon board. I bet you'd love it.
phile00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:19 AM   #23 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick-Pow View Post

You have more control and more speed for "serious" riding when in pow...
Sounds like you are a really crappy powder rider to me.

To each his own, I'm rather enjoying the RC tech.
killclimbz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:23 AM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by seant46 View Post
I am on R.C I wish I could do some serious riding

You forgot to put serious in quotes like I did. (o;

I have had the chance to ride all the new designs at SIA's on snow demo this past year.

Yes, in pow camber is faster. Rocker makes it EASIER to ride in pow, not faster.

Hybrid camber (Rome anthem SS, new Capita BSOD, and the rest) is OK, with full camber and when you weight it, the tip and tail rise. The only problem with that is the contact points are flapping around when weighted and you are still riding from the center.

C2, flying V, and Never Summer's version works really hard and solving it, but it is still banana no matter how you peel it. (o:

Last edited by Sick-Pow; 02-11-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Sick-Pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:28 AM   #25 (permalink)
lost in the ugly trees

What I like about rocker is the versatility. I dare you to show me a cambered board that I can lap the park with, ride switch, Cruise some groomers and then still take into the trees in deep pow without it absolutely killing my back leg the way that my Never Summer can.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:29 AM   #26 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
It really is one of the greatest marketing gimmicks of all time.
Anything other than regular camber should be called a beginner board.
RC, hybrid, whatever, is like a set of training wheels.
Riding up the lifts and looking over at the bunny slope all I see are Never Summer, Libs, and Gnu's.
So it is obvious the marketing is working.
Companies like Never Summer and Mervin went into survival mode. The market was flooded with too many boards from previous years.
They created the hype put a couple of the pros on regular camber boards with the same graphics as the RC model and the wildfire started.

Who will be the first company to go back to regular camber in 2013?
Maybe Mervin will call it P2TX and act like they invented positive camber.

If you want to ollie low, feel out of control at high speed, and be the king of butters buy an RC board.
lol wut?

I'd rebut this pile of nonsense but Leo did a perfectly fine job. Go read his post again.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:29 AM   #27 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:

I have had the chance to ride all the new designs at SIA's on snow demo this past year.
HAHAHAHAHA The Winter Park demo oh man. That was the worst demo ever negative 30 degree temps on snow that was so abrasive you couldn't get going once off the chairlift. Winter Park is such a shitty resort too. Sorry your validity went out the window man as that demo sucked so much I said fuck it and went and sat around a heater when I typically would ride 8 decks a day. Even the company owners and reps said the same thing not a good three days to demo anything.

As far as the people complaining about rocker, reverse camber, hybrid sounds like you guys just can't ride to begin with. But different strokes for different folks ride what you like but at least have some valid points.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:29 AM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
Sounds like you are a really crappy powder rider to me.

To each his own, I'm rather enjoying the RC tech.
Admin being an asshole? Classy man.

Where in my post did I lead you to believe otherwise about my skills?
Sick-Pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:31 AM   #29 (permalink)
lost in the ugly trees

Quote:
Admin being an asshole? Classy man.

Where in my post did I lead you to believe otherwise about my skills?
KillClimbz was just saying what the rest of us were thinking.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:31 AM   #30 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I honestly don't understand how camber is faster in pow. You don't even use edges in real powder. When I was in Tahoe with knee deep stuff, I couldn't carve like I normally do. It was more like surfing since my edges had no ground to engage on. I'm not an expert by any means, just confuses me. In my mind, if your board floats much better on pow, then you will obviously also be faster since you are staying on top of the pow.

In powder, I'm inclined to believe stiffness, base material, and float affects speed more than any other factor like sidecut or camber...

Of course, I'm talking with proper technique and all else equal. Maybe you just aren't riding pow properly on your board.

Actually, I can see camber being faster since most pow riders on cambered sticks setback their stance. So the longer nose and more weight on the tail makes you faster in pow. Well, you can do the exact same thing on a rocker. Just because it's rocker does not mean you can't set your stance back. No you will have the longer nose and more weight on your tail on top of tons of extra float from the rocker shape.

Last edited by Leo; 02-11-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote