YES GDOH vs Bataleon Riot ??? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2011, 11:09 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default YES GDOH vs Bataleon Riot ???

Iíve been on a Bataleon Goliath for awhile, great board, but loosens up at speed itís an 08/09 not sure if they stiffened them up since. I saw a great deal on a Bataleon Riot and am really interested in the board as I read it's pretty stable at speed. Iíve also become more interested in the Yes GDOH Board,as I found I could get on it without toe or heel drag with my set up. Now I donít know which would be better suited for my riding. I ride everything, if it snowed a bunch I will be riding pow all over except the park If thereís no pow Iím carving up the groomers at high speed and lapping through the smaller jump lines and hitting some hips. Which would you say is a better board for that type of riding?

I heard the GDOH is on the stiffer side of so that may work fine, and am just worried the Riot will get loose when not on edge at speed, but maybe not?

Thanks
Meatball707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2011, 01:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Jam is stiffer than the Goliath so it should hold a little better. The only thing is that TBT is just inherently a little loose feeling.

The GDOH is just not that great of a board. Really inconsistent pop. Something more akin to the Jam from YES is the Optimistic, which reportedly rides better than the GDOH anyway.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have an 09 Riot and it handles speed very well, no chatter at all. A friend of mine has a Burton joystick and when going the same speed I can see the nose flapping around. It is a twin and designed more for aggressive park riding so if you ever do decide to take it to the pipe and bomb some jumps with it you'll be very happy.
jonas007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas007 View Post
I have an 09 Riot and it handles speed very well, no chatter at all. A friend of mine has a Burton joystick and when going the same speed I can see the nose flapping around. It is a twin and designed more for aggressive park riding so if you ever do decide to take it to the pipe and bomb some jumps with it you'll be very happy.
Nice Jonas007, sounds pretty good, I realized after riding a Jones Flagship for awhile that I really missed running through the park towards the bottom of my runs, which is why I started looking so this sounds like a good option.

Nivek, to this day I wish I went with the Jam, but heard it's not much different than the Goliath I have in terms of stiffness and shape. Also, the Yes Optimistic is supposed to come in a wide(something with a ww larger than it's max 25.3) this coming year, may wait for that since it seems the reviews are pretty positive for that too. The only thing I didn't like was the loose feel when not on edge while bombing, which isn't too often as I'm usually on edge, but just didn't like how my Goliath felt like it was gonna get so loose that it almost felt like speed wobbles on a skateboard, do you think that would happen on the Jam, Riot, or any of the other stiffer boards?
Meatball707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I would think of all of them the Jam will show the most improvement since it is stiffer. The Riot will be more playful than the Jam and maybe more manuverable than the Goliath.

Some other boards you might want to look at are the Arbor Westmark and Nitro Rook. Griptech works and I felt as stable on a 150 Westmark as my 154 Indoor FK. The Rook is a solid board I normally recommend for jumping. With zero cam it makes it feel like a broken in camber deck. Zero is my favorite park profile.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote