From an 06/07 PremierT5 to a..... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 01:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Which Never Summer board do I upgrade to?

So I've started to transition to the park after years of freeride, and need a new board, as the T5 really isn't the board for park riding. I've been looking at 2(3[4]) different choices , but mainly just want an all-mountain. I'm 6'0" 195 lbs, size 11 boot. So it's between a 158 SL or Evo if I go this year, when prices drop, or wait on a 11/12 Proto CT. I was also looking at the 10/11 T Rice 157, magnetraction a main drawing point as I will probably be doing a lot of NC boarding, but with durability being a concern as far as Mervin goes.

I can tell you I'm a hard charger down the groomers, hope to get into the big mountain steeps soon (just haven't had the opportunity), and am starting to hit the park. I'd be traveling for my trips since I live in FL, so outside of NC a T5/Evo quiver is out of the question. Is the Evo too soft to handle the high speeds? I've seen multiple opinions about that. Would the Proto CT be that much of an upgrade if so? Or should I just go with the SL and hit the rails just the same.

Thanks for all the help! Buying a snowboard should not be this stressful....

Last edited by tampa54; 02-13-2011 at 03:23 PM.
tampa54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Now, I haven't ridden the Evo, just the SL and a Premier. The SL has got to be closer to your T5 than the Evo. If I was going to be doing just a little park and more hard charging on a trip and was limited to bringing one board, then I'd go SL. Whenever I ride out west, I usually ride my SL. I've even brought the SL and another board on a trip and never took the other board out! The only park stuff I hit are boxes and some small jumps.

I am looking to ride a Proto CT and see how it compares. Given what I've read to far, it sounds like the Proto CT may be in the mix, too, but if I had to bring just one board, I probably wouldn't bring an Evo.

But it does makes me want to ride an Evo now so that I can compare...
crispy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Sorry can't delete threads but since it seemed this one would not be answered I started the new one...http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...-proto-ct.html

But good points I'm just looking to spend more time in the park than the groomers most likely. Could always keep the T5 for when I go bigger, still deciding. Thanks for the input crispy.
tampa54 is offline   Reply With Quote