Rocker, Camber, and everything in between - Page 14 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #131 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

So, I posted in my intro that I'm riding a '07 K2 Union 164 that I purchased used. My post purchase research tells that this is a park board, but I'm wondering, with all the new tech, if it really wouldn't be classified as that any more. K2s site claims "hybritech" technology. Whatever, I set it on the kitchen table and it sure appears to be regular rocker. It also says its an "intermediate/advanced" board. I'm in the market for next season and being a freeride guy, I'm wondering kind of where I should be looking.
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 05:59 AM   #132 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deacon View Post
So, I posted in my intro that I'm riding a '07 K2 Union 164 that I purchased used. My post purchase research tells that this is a park board, but I'm wondering, with all the new tech, if it really wouldn't be classified as that any more. K2s site claims "hybritech" technology. Whatever, I set it on the kitchen table and it sure appears to be regular rocker. It also says its an "intermediate/advanced" board. I'm in the market for next season and being a freeride guy, I'm wondering kind of where I should be looking.
Hi Deacon,

Hybritech was actually a constuction design where the board was essentially cap construction at the tip and tail and sidewall constuction through the running surface. I was thinking the Union was cambered. Laying base down on the countertop is it a smile or a frown?
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:59 AM   #133 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Hi Deacon,

Hybritech was actually a constuction design where the board was essentially cap construction at the tip and tail and sidewall constuction through the running surface. I was thinking the Union was cambered. Laying base down on the countertop is it a smile or a frown?
You're right, I mixed them up. It's definitely cambered. I'm a dummy.
That said, I learned to ride on this board, will I break my neck if I just switch to rocker, or are the rc hybrids what I should be looking for. I'm definitely a freeride hard charging style (probably more medium charging still). The only air I'm looking for would be lips and the like.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:12 AM   #134 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
You're right, I mixed them up. It's definitely cambered. I'm a dummy.
That said, I learned to ride on this board, will I break my neck if I just switch to rocker, or are the rc hybrids what I should be looking for. I'm definitely a freeride hard charging style (probably more medium charging still). The only air I'm looking for would be lips and the like.
A few q's. What area(s) of the world do you ride? What is your weight and foot size?
Old 03-05-2013, 08:12 AM   #135 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
A few q's. What area(s) of the world do you ride? What is your weight and foot size?
I ride midwest groomers, I'm 225 with about a 10.5 (thats what my faction boa's are). It can get pretty chopped up and icy, especially at night around this time of year.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #136 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
I ride midwest groomers, I'm 225 with about a 10.5 (thats what my faction boa's are). It can get pretty chopped up and icy, especially at night around this time of year.
You won't benefit at all from Reverse Camber. Your current board is very soft and that also is not ideal for your area and your style of riding. Camber, RCR and CRC are three profiles that will work well. Did you want to stick with K2 or were there other brands that had your attention?
Old 03-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #137 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
You won't benefit at all from Reverse Camber. Your current board is very soft and that also is not ideal for your area and your style of riding. Camber, RCR and CRC are three profiles that will work well. Did you want to stick with K2 or were there other brands that had your attention?
No, i'm not caught on any brand at all. I got my board and bindings for $189, buying a cheap used setup to make sure i was gonna enjoy it was cheaper than a few rentals. I've been trying to navigate vendor webpages, but I'm having a hard time deciphering all the hyperbole. I think that my Union is a mid-wide board as well, and from what I've read here, I probably don't need that. my budget for a good board is going to be $400-$500, but I know I need to get my boots first. That's in another thread...
Old 03-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #138 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
No, i'm not caught on any brand at all. I got my board and bindings for $189, buying a cheap used setup to make sure i was gonna enjoy it was cheaper than a few rentals. I've been trying to navigate vendor webpages, but I'm having a hard time deciphering all the hyperbole. I think that my Union is a mid-wide board as well, and from what I've read here, I probably don't need that. my budget for a good board is going to be $400-$500, but I know I need to get my boots first. That's in another thread...
I have some strong suggestions for you. Feel free to PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #139 (permalink)

What about triple base technology(TBT) from Bataleon?

Where does that fit...
BoardChitless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #140 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoardChitless View Post
What about triple base technology(TBT) from Bataleon?

Where does that fit...
All Bataleon boards are conventional Camber down the centerline. At the edges the tip/tail contact points are raised by the lifted base segments.