Rocker, Camber, and everything in between - Page 15 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #141 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
All Bataleon boards are conventional Camber down the centerline. At the edges the tip/tail contact points are raised by the lifted base segments.
So, is this a segment of its own... or does it fit in somewhere in your figure/classifications that you gave?

I ask, because I am really interested in either buying the Bataleon Omni or Lib Jamie Lynn, and I conceptually think, both boards may fit my style.

In short, what would TBT be closest to in your figure... the Gullwing Camber???
BoardChitless is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2013, 11:06 AM   #142 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoardChitless View Post
So, is this a segment of its own... or does it fit in somewhere in your figure/classifications that you gave?

I ask, because I am really interested in either buying the Bataleon Omni or Lib Jamie Lynn, and I conceptually think, both boards may fit my style.

In short, what would TBT be closest to in your figure... the Gullwing Camber???
It is Camber.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:40 AM   #143 (permalink)

Hello.. Im looking to get a new board setup for next season but I have a few questions..

- I have only ever ridden camber type boards.. current board 2005 burton baron wide 162cm w P1 bindings.

- I use to ride in so cal. (Bear,Summit,Mt.High, Mammoth) but now I live in Switzerland so as you can imagine I have access to some of the best mountains in the world. The Alps are alot of groomer, off piste Pow and in the later months like now abit more hard packed kinda icy. I want a board that handles Pow and groomers well, not really hitting park anymore but use the whole mountain as a park for jumps, spins etc.

-After alot of research i am leaning towards the rome agent rocker wide 160cm w the mtn pop tech that is camber/rocker/camber. How much different is it then traditional camber? Will there be a huge learning curve? What does rocker feel like under foot?

I believe this board is the closest to traditional camber with the rocker but am not too sure. Any pros and cons.. to the C/R/C?

If not the agent rocker any other recommendations?

Also thinking about getting the Burton Cartel bindings or the flow NXGT bindings.. any thoughts, I like the NASTY system idea on the flow but how safe is it?

Thanks for any feedback.. Joe

My Specs: 6'4 195 lbs size 12 US boots
Current Board: 2005 Burton Baron wide 162cm / Burton P1 Bindings

Last edited by Dago91; 03-15-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Dago91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #144 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The Agent Rocker is Camber Rocker Camber. It is an excellent choice of the Alps and for your style of riding. It keeps the weighted contact length very well planted and does amizingly well at holding a strong edge on ice. You will notice the biggest benefit in powder where it (in itself) has an advantage over trad camber.

The NX2's will be a great choice. They are a responsive and predictable binding that offers incredible transfer of power for freeriding.

STOKED!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #145 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
The Agent Rocker is Camber Rocker Camber. It is an excellent choice of the Alps and for your style of riding. It keeps the weighted contact length very well planted and does amizingly well at holding a strong edge on ice. You will notice the biggest benefit in powder where it (in itself) has an advantage over trad camber.

The NX2's will be a great choice. They are a responsive and predictable binding that offers incredible transfer of power for freeriding.

STOKED!
Thank you so much for your feedback wiredsport!

- So you recommend the flow bindings.. my biggest concern is are they safe?
I ride a vans aura boot.. will this boot be too wide for the flows? I was thinking about getting rome 390 boss bindings but from the research that I have read on this forum they seem unsafe or less reliable?

- Also do you know if I really need to get a wide board? Do I lose anything from going wide?

Here are the specs of my old board..

Length:
162 cm (see options menu for other sizes)
Effective edge:
126 cm
Waist width:
22.62 cm
Sidecut radius:
8.57 m
Stance width:
[reference] 21 in
Stance setback:
25 mm back
Core material:
Super Fly II wood
Base material:
Sintered P-Tex
Recommended Use:
Intermediate to advanced all-mountain riding
Warranty:
One season against defects in materials and manufacturing

-What numbers/measurements are important here for deciding non wide/ wide?

Thank you so much for your help! Even more stoked about getting the agent rocker now!

Last edited by Dago91; 03-16-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:27 PM   #146 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dago91 View Post
Thank you so much for your feedback wiredsport!

- So you recommend the flow bindings.. my biggest concern is are they safe?
I ride a vans aura boot.. will this boot be too wide for the flows? I was thinking about getting rome 390 boss bindings but from the research that I have read on this forum they seem unsafe or less reliable?

- Also do you know if I really need to get a wide board? Do I lose anything from going wide?

Here are the specs of my old board..

Length:
162 cm (see options menu for other sizes)
Effective edge:
126 cm
Waist width:
22.62 cm
Sidecut radius:
8.57 m
Stance width:
[reference] 21 in
Stance setback:
25 mm back
Core material:
Super Fly II wood
Base material:
Sintered P-Tex
Recommended Use:
Intermediate to advanced all-mountain riding
Warranty:
One season against defects in materials and manufacturing

-What numbers/measurements are important here for deciding non wide/ wide?

Thank you so much for your help! Even more stoked about getting the agent rocker now!
Snowboard Fit Tips Part One
The Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:53 PM   #147 (permalink)

I just wanted to post for those of you considering the switch from traditional camber to a hybrid like LibTech's C2.

I've only ridden traditional camber boards (Palmer Carbon Circle and Carbon Circle II) and was a bit leary of making the change. I'm 45 and didn't want to have to learn how to snowboard all over again.

I decided to bite the bullet after getting some feedback on this forum and bought a 2013 LibTech Travis Rice 157 about two weeks ago. I'm happy to report that there hasn't been much of a learning curve. I took it easy my first few runs but was back up to speed pretty quick. I don't ride in the park or jib, I just like to go fast on groomers and the occasional powder. My first day out it was in the 40's and the hill was pretty choppy but the T.Rice carved right through it. The T.Rice is stable at higher speeds and it's much easier to control at lower speeds than my Carbon Circle II.

I'm heading out to my local hill tomorrow and the conditions should be excellent. I'll update this post if I have anything else to add.

UPDATE: Just got back from my local hill and conditions were perfect - sunny and about 17 degrees. The hill was groomed up nice but a little icey. The T.Rice was just as stable at speed as my Carbon Circle II - maybe more so - which surprised me a bit. Oddly enough, I feel more comfortable on the T.Rice after only being out on it twice than I do on my Carbon Circle II - it's a sweet ride.

So, from my experience, I would say that a veteran rider who is looking to switch from a pure hard-charging camber board to a LibTech C2 profile (keep in mind that the T.Rice is one of the stiffer C2 decks) shouldn't have that large of a learning curve. I realize that this is a blanket statement and results may vary, but again, it's based on my experience with the T.Rice. There have been some reviews on the C2 boards being a bit squirrelly at higher speeds but I don't think I'll ever approach 40-50mph - I would guess I'm in the 30mph range.

Last edited by PalmerFreak; 03-17-2013 at 11:35 AM. Reason: UPDATE
PalmerFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #148 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deacon View Post
Thank you Deacon
Old 03-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #149 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerFreak View Post
I just wanted to post for those of you considering the switch from traditional camber to a hybrid like LibTech's C2.

I've only ridden traditional camber boards (Palmer Carbon Circle and Carbon Circle II) and was a bit leary of making the change. I'm 45 and didn't want to have to learn how to snowboard all over again.

I decided to bite the bullet after getting some feedback on this forum and bought a 2013 LibTech Travis Rice 157 about two weeks ago. I'm happy to report that there hasn't been much of a learning curve. I took it easy my first few runs but was back up to speed pretty quick. I don't ride in the park or jib, I just like to go fast on groomers and the occasional powder. My first day out it was in the 40's and the hill was pretty choppy but the T.Rice carved right through it. The T.Rice is stable at higher speeds and it's much easier to control at lower speeds than my Carbon Circle II.

I'm heading out to my local hill tomorrow and the conditions should be excellent. I'll update this post if I have anything else to add.
Hey thanks man! It's always nice to hear from someone making a similar transition.. Look forward to hearing more feedback.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:09 PM   #150 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dago91 View Post
Hey thanks man! It's always nice to hear from someone making a similar transition.. Look forward to hearing more feedback.
No problem at all - I'll post more tomorrow.
PalmerFreak is offline   Reply With Quote