Rocker, Camber, and everything in between - Page 16 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 08:08 PM   #151 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hi Dago,

Rome and Flow make extremely strong and reliable gear. The warranty and breakage rates for these companies are among the best in our industry. They are tough, well designed and both companies have many years and many iterations behind them. Both are backed with awesome warranties and support from people that ride. Safe? It is snowboarding. It is inherently unsafe

Great gear helps with that.

STOKED!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #152 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Hi Dago,

Rome and Flow make extremely strong and reliable gear. The warranty and breakage rates for these companies are among the best in our industry. They are tough, well designed and both companies have many years and many iterations behind them. Both are backed with awesome warranties and support from people that ride. Safe? It is snowboarding. It is inherently unsafe

Great gear helps with that.

STOKED!
I agree with your statement about snowboarding being inherently unsafe :-).. However from what I have read about Rome bindings there are too many working parts that could and usually do break.. not to mention the non ratchet side of the binding just coming off. As far as the flows go you hear mixed reviews but you also hear the high back just comes unlocked and the cables have a tendency to break in some way. Now I have never had an issue with my P1 bindings or the Missions that I had before that.

I love the fast binding option of the flows because im getting older and I like the look of the Rome bindings but what I read in these forums the 390 bosses scare me. So would the cartels be a better maybe safer choice or have you heard of issues with them as well?
Dago91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #153 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Every binding can and probably will have some kind of an issue. It's just the nature of the beast so-to-speak. Buy what suits your style man. I love my 390 Boss bindings, and so far they have held up well.
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:26 PM   #154 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWBoarder View Post
Every binding can and probably will have some kind of an issue. It's just the nature of the beast so-to-speak. Buy what suits your style man. I love my 390 Boss bindings, and so far they have held up well.
Cool man thx for the feedback.. do you use your 390 boss bindings as all mountain? How do you like the auto strap feature? Does it work well?
Old 03-17-2013, 03:58 PM   #155 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dago91 View Post
Cool man thx for the feedback.. do you use your 390 boss bindings as all mountain? How do you like the auto strap feature? Does it work well?
Yep, they're my all mountain bindings. Actually, they're just my bindings now. I mount them on whatever I'm going to ride for a particular day. I tried keeping my Union Flites mounted for park days, but I quickly realized that my 390 Boss were just better feeling for everything. I refuse to use my Union's now because my Rome's are just that much better. And the auto strap works pretty good. You just have to make sure that you have them adjusted right.
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #156 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
I agree with your statement about snowboarding being inherently unsafe :-).. However from what I have read about Rome bindings there are too many working parts that could and usually do break.. not to mention the non ratchet side of the binding just coming off. As far as the flows go you hear mixed reviews but you also hear the high back just comes unlocked and the cables have a tendency to break in some way. Now I have never had an issue with my P1 bindings or the Missions that I had before that.

I love the fast binding option of the flows because im getting older and I like the look of the Rome bindings but what I read in these forums the 390 bosses scare me. So would the cartels be a better maybe safer choice or have you heard of issues with them as well?
Hi Dago,

These are arguably the most reliable binding companies out there. By in large that is the reputation they have earned over the years. While I am certain there are exceptions, the events you have mentioned are in no way the norm.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #157 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Hi Dago,

These are arguably the most reliable binding companies out there. By in large that is the reputation they have earned over the years. While I am certain there are exceptions, the events you have mentioned are in no way the norm.
Cool Gents Thank you all for the feedback most helpful!! I think im going all Rome on my next setup :-)
Old 03-17-2013, 09:44 PM   #158 (permalink)

Quote:
As far as the flows go you hear mixed reviews but you also hear the high back just comes unlocked and the cables have a tendency to break in some way.
I've been riding Flow's for about 6 years and have never had a problem with the high back coming unlocked on its own or with the cable system. I've gravitated towards their higher-end binding (NXT-FRX) and I think that most of the quality issues come from their lower end bindings - you get what you pay for.
PalmerFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:20 AM   #159 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerFreak View Post
I've been riding Flow's for about 6 years and have never had a problem with the high back coming unlocked on its own or with the cable system. I've gravitated towards their higher-end binding (NXT-FRX) and I think that most of the quality issues come from their lower end bindings - you get what you pay for.

I like the Idea of flows and appreciate the info. Were your flow bindings hard to get dialed in? Did you go from traditional two strap bindings to the flows? If so do you feel the flows are overall easier to bind in? Im looking at the NX2- GT with toe strap and the NX2- AT.. does the toe strap really make a difference in response? The price diffrence for the two are about $50 bucks.

Thx for the info..
Old 03-18-2013, 07:39 PM   #160 (permalink)

I started with the Burton step-in system which was quite crappy and went directly into Flow's so I don't have any experience with traditional strap bindings.

None of the Flow's that I've owned have the toe strap - I think this years models are the first to offer it.

I put a pair of 2012 NXT-FRX bindings on my new T.Rice about a week ago and it took me about 20 minutes to get them in the ball park at home and maybe another 10 minutes of adjustment once I got to the hill and made a few runs. I think there's YouTube videos for setting them up if you need more info.

This may be the wrong thread for discussing bindings so I apologize to the Mods if I'm out of line.
PalmerFreak is offline   Reply With Quote